Madonna University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Madonna University

ahmed

Great faculty who are always available and great tasty food with many cafeterias on campus the only issue is the gym needs a bigger building. also all these laws were met Site plan showing dimensioned location of building to all property lines and to all existing buildings on the property, as well as width of any streets, access roadways or easements bordering the property. Foundation and basement plans and details. Dimensioned floor plans for all floors. Fire and life safety plan showing graphically or by legend the location and rating of building elements such as area separation walls, smoke barriers, fire-resistive corridor walls, stair enclosures, shaft enclosures and horizontal exists. Wall elevations of all exterior walls including adjacent ground elevation. Sections and details of walls, floors and roof, showing dimensions, materials. Structural plans and elevations showing size and location of all members, truss designs showing all connection details, and stress calculations. Room finish schedule showing finishes for walls, ceilings and floors in all rooms, stairways, hallways and corridors. Door schedule showing material, size, thickness and fire-resistive rating for all doors. Electrical plans, diagrams, details and grounding of service entrance and power or lighting information required for energy conservation. Plumbing plans showing location of fixtures, risers, drains, and piping isometrics. Mechanical plans showing location and size of ductwork, equipment, fire dampers, smoke dampers and equipment schedules showing capacity. Fire protection plans showing type of system, location of sprinkler heads, standpipes, hose connections, fire pumps, riser and hanger details. Energy Code Information - ComCheck or Equivalent

Kenny

12!

Gloria

Madonna University is an amazing school for students who desire a small campus with a close knit community and good relationships with all the faculty, including those who are not even in your department of study. Madonna may be a small school, but the establishment is excellent in all of its academic programs and sets students up to succeed. I have confidence that students who attend Madonna will be greatly satisfied with their education and prepared for their field of study upon completion of their program.

Jacob

It is a great private University that allows students to learn in smaller size classrooms giving a more one on one learning with the Professors. It's not a big "party school" so the students that are attending are there to learn and get the best education for their future goals.

Tiffany

I absolutely love Madonna! The professors know who you are and care about you and your learning. The campus is small but has several satellite campuses as well as online learning opportunities. They have great food and all the amenities needed while you're there.

Madonna University is a good school with lots of caring and nice people. The atmosphere is very up lifting. Campus living is very good, and I'm glad I'm doing it this year. The whole administration and first year offices are very helpful in my first year of school.

Eleanor

I have really enjoyed my time at Madonna University so far, the faculty has all been really helpful and friendly. Applying could not have been easier and I was greeted with a warm welcome after being accepted. I am really glad I chose Madonna, I am getting a great education!

Anna

I am I first year student at Madonna and I absolutely love it. Even though we don't have greek life, there is a ton of clubs for you to join and those really fill the space that Madonna is missing. The campus is very easy to navigate and the students are all very nice and helpful

Roxana

I enjoy attending Madonna the people on campus are helpful.. The faculty are always willing to help you. The professors are always willing to help you with anything you do not understand after hours. The classrooms are small so that you have a one on one relationship with professors.

Alexandria

My opinion is harsh, but it is very much needed. I am paying 30,000 to go to this University, which I am only attending because it is the only school in Michigan that offers American Sign Language as a major. The only scholarship I have been given from the school was 1,000$, 500$ per semester, On top of the 30,000 per year, I have to pay 2, 450$+ per spring/summer term for one class. I am in so much debt already as a freshmen on campus. I cannot apply for any other scholarships because I am white, my mom makes too much, which is a lie, and because I did not apply for them as a freshmen (which my financial aid adviser should have done for me in the first place as a first year student). I am a vegetarian, I was vegan, but the "delicious, wide variety" sodexo brand food made by "chefs" make me throw up, no seriously, I threw up after every single meal the first 3 weeks attending this school. Now I hardly eat because I do not want to get sick. I am very disappointed with the food. May I add in the take 5 (all fried food, even in the cafeteria. No wonder why freshmen 15 is real, all you guys serve is fried unhealthy foods). Anyway, i ordered a vegetarian burger and was given meat, I bit into the meat burger and instantly had to throw it up! on top of that, there was mold on my Swiss cheese and a lady tried to tell me it was lettuce, no honey I know what mold and lettuce look like. Oh should I not forget that I am paying over 9,000 to live on campus, forced to buy a meal plan and my potato slices covered in margarine are still served with bits of plastic in them. I have pictures to prove all of this. The dorms are awful. My heater is broken, my room is no bigger than a bathroom stall, my sink doesn't drain, and the fire alarm goes off almost every time it storms. I do have to add I love my teachers. They are all so kind so far and I can't imagine what It is like to attend a different school under the academics of different teachers. Also, my adviser is wonderful. Basically everything bad about the school is living on campus and the food.

Jarius

I am new to Madonna university. But so far my experience has been pretty good. The whole campus is very beautiful and is maintained flawlessly. The sum total of education I have received at this university is wonderful, the small classes are nice, and personal attention from professors is very nice as well. Overall, Madonna is amazing school where you are valued by the faculty and administration.

Mackenzie

Madonna University is a clean campus that is centered around education. The nursing program at Madonna University is one of the best in the area. I believe that my education has expanded greatly since I started attending Madonna University. The faculty in the nursing program is outstanding. They truly do care about the success of their students and they are always accessible and available to answer questions. Madonna is a great school with a great opportunity to expand your education.

Yara

Overall, My opinion of madonna university is that it is generally a good school. I have learned quite a bit from my teachers, my issues come with the campus. There is literally nothing to brag about. It feels like a regular high school building. As an atheist student I feel outcasted because somehow even the most scientific lectures turn religious. Also some people on campus can be quite judgmental. I have had a nun come up to me while I was walking with a backpack on ask me if I actually even go to the school...

Colleen

The clubs are non existent, nobody stays on Campus over the weekends. There is not a lot to do ever. Stuck up city kids overpopulate the place. They lack a lot of common sense, and the school is super expensive. They don't help you very much money wise. Although, the American Sign Language Program here is AMAZING, and I stay here only for that reason.

Clarissa

I attended Madonna University after a four year long hiatus of graduating from Wayne State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Food Science. MU was the first choice as a post-secondary institution to continue my goal of becoming an RD due to the large number of classes I was able to easily transfer over with the help of the advisor and director of the Didactic Program in Dietetics. Within a year, I was able to complete MU’s Didactic Program in Dietetics and received my Verification Statement to begin applying to Dietetic Internships but not without the help of Madonna University. During the two semesters at Madonna, I was able to see a stark contrast from attending a large university to one smaller in size. Of all the classes taken at MU during the 2017-2018 school year, there were no more than 30 students present, allowing for a relaxed environment and the ability to become familiar with the other aspiring dietetic students and their goals. The professors and director of the DPD were easily accessible to students due to their open office hours or private scheduled meetings and their quick response to emails. The professors were helpful in listening and helping students to succeed in their future career goals by explaining the difficulty of receiving a spot into a dietetic internship because of the limited amount of students hospitals or other organizations could accept. Therefore, it was encouraged to keep one’s grades up, volunteer and gather work experience to boast on one’s resume. The director supported the dietetic students to join the Nutrition Network Club and often posted on Blackboard of any volunteer opportunities available outside of classes to reinforce networking with others of the nutrition community. Additionally, Registered Dietitians that practiced from a variety of establishments were able to present their every day job tasks to the class to give insight of the many different pathways a Registered Dietitian could follow. Lastly, the nutrition professors were pleased to look over resumes and personal statements to give advice on content and format. Although I had only attended MU for a short period of time, it was certain that the professors and advisors prided themselves in being able to present all the resources a student may need in order to succeed in not only their classes but their future as well.

Arianna

My overall opinion on Madonna University is that it is an AMAZING school. I feel incredibly safe, the students are very friendly and open, the professors are very clear on what is asked of the students, and want to make sure they succeed. I am happy to say I am a Crusader and I would recommend the school to anyone!