Manchester, CT
Manchester Community College-Manchester, CT

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Manchester Community College-Manchester, CT

Kelly

I would have to say that Manchester Community College is best known for it's ability to introduce high school students to the college life, what to expect as they transition from basic education into adulthood and the responsibilities that it requires to be a college student. This program is called the "Great Path" program where there is one building dedicated to serving transitioning high school students into college life. MCC is also known as a reasonably-priced, great bridge for college students looking for somewhere to start and then want to transfer to a four-year university.

If I could go back and talk to me when I was in high school, I would tell myself that I can do it and to hang in there. I struggled in high school; I was placed in advanced classes ever since the fifth grade and in ninth grade, I was making C's. For me, this was unacceptable as I saw myself as being very hard-working and not recieving the grades I felt I deserved. Before tenth grade started, I sat down with an academic advisor and told her that I would like to be put in "regular" classes. I thought to myself, "If I can make C's in advanced classes, then I can certainly make A's in regular ones!" This was not a good mindset to have. I wish I could go back and tell myself: "You are going to go to college and make straight A's for many semesters, you are going to become very close with many professors and you are going to make a wonderful teacher some day. Push yourself harder now - and you will be even greater when it comes time to attend college."

Before I came to this school, I wish I had known what I wanted to do as a career. Instead, I was awarded a grant just before the semester started and I began taking random classes. Eventually, this lead to an A.S. in General Education in 2014, which I will always have to fall back on. During my general studies, I took Introduction to ECE and I absolutely fell in love with the program. I soon realized that I always wanted to be a teacher and by May 2015, I will have my A.S. in Early Childhood Education.

Katherine

Think hard about what you want to do with your life and how you want to get there. The average college freshman changes majors 19 times, but they only have two years to pick the right one. The college you go to will limit your choices and career opportunities. Think hard about what you want to do, so you don't have to go back to college, like I am. When you find something that makes you happy, consider the career possibilities with that major, and if you're in the right college. Don't be afraid to transfer if you need to. Start internships immediately, don't be lazy, because it'll cost you job opportunities after college. Look into relevent clubs and activities and make the most of them. College will be the best time of your life, but you'll realize later the mistakes you made not preparing for the future. College will get you the job you want. Start as soon as you enter college. I was lazy. Don't make the same mistakes I did, and you'll be where you've always wanted to be.

I believe I asked all the necessary questions before enrolling. I don't yet know of anything that I wish I had asked or known.

My school year has not yet started so I am unable to give an answer to this. I don't know anything from my research of this school that I am unhappy with. I believe I'll have a very positive experience here.

Tealla

When I was a senior, it was very difficult to decide where I wanted to go to school and what I wanted to study at such a young age fresh out of high school. I was excited, yet nervous about what would be in store for my future. I think I would just tell myself to relax and take a deep breath because everything always works out for the best.

Before I enrolled in Manchester Community College, I had a general idea of what I was getting myself into. I know quite a few people who have attended prior to my enrollment, both friends and family members. Everyone ranted and raved about how great of a school Manchester Community College is being a community college. I think I was pretty well prepared.

I think this school is for anyone who wants a solid and well-rounded education. There are some classes offered that are easier for some and more difficult for others. It's all about perception and the people who want to learn and become more educated should most definitely attend Manchester Community College.

Paige

My classmates are very diverse from age to race to religion and everyone fits in their own way.

Manchester Community College had a variety of different and unique medical and health professions that most of the other community colleges don't offer. And over all I found that the campus was easier to commute to and also is a beautiful, clean campus.

I would go back to my senior self to tell my not to be in such a rush to get out of high school and enjoy all the event throughout the year. Also enjoy the time with your friends and the relationships you have becasue it will not be the same way in college. And most importantly don't stress so much about what is coming next and that not everything is going the speed you want it to. Senior year is an important year don't let it fly by so fast, because when you go to walk across that stage you will be wishing you had enjoyed more rather than stressing about all the college problem your having and your not even there yet. Everything will work out, you'll do fine in college, don't worry. From, your future self

Rebecca

The school population is diverse though my classes are not.

You will make it through this school. yes it'll be everything you dread but keep your grades up you'll make it. you're going to go to a school you'll be proud of this one wont be it but you'll get there

Colleen

Ever have that "moment of weakness" were giving up seems to be the easiest way? I certaintly did, and it lasted four years, those four years being the ones that would shape my future, determine what college I would go to, if I would get a softball scholarship, and help me discover what I wanted to become. For me those four years came and went in the blink of an eye, because there was never a night I stayed up studying for an important test, or finishing homework due by the end of the semester; No, that was not me. I was Colleen Kuplast - the school jock and class clown is what many would say because my time was spent on the softball field of disrupting the class just so I could annoy the teacher. I woke up too late. June 13, 2009 I would cross the stage and receive my diploma in front of my family and friends, and while they were proud I felt nothing but worthless because I allowed myself to be a joke for four years. In returning to senior year I would tell myself one thing; make a change, and discover what your worth.

Casey

Manchester Community College hires professors that have a wealth of outside information. Many professors work at the college part time to supplement income and have a professional day job. For instance, over the summer I took a chemistry class with a professor who worked as an engineer at NERAC. His experiences in the work place transferred to the classroom setting where he was able to help students more easily apply their knowledge.

Looking back on my life as a high school senior with all of the experiences i have, I would tell myself not to hesitate and go to college immediately. I often have regrets about waiting to attend college, however, all is not in vain. I was able to acquire tremendous work experience and valuable job skills that will help me with the career I am pursing with my college degree. I now better understand the "process" of college; from applying to enrolling, to scholarships and financial aid. I would be certain to tell my high school self not to worry. That everything happens for a reason, although we many not know it at the time. I would tell myself to have faith in myself, that through hard work and determination I can and will succeed.

The curriculum at Manchester Community College varies greatly by major, but in general, most programs require a significant amount of self discipline. Someone who is easily distracted or who lacks motivation may find it exceptionally difficult to excel at this school compared to the structure offered by living at a University.

Jorge

My classmates were very nice, helpful. They were there to help me and the same for me as long as I put my part to help them back in another class or in the same class we were attending. I never had too many friends but I always made new friends along the way while I attended Manchester Community College. Meeting new people who love to do homework and study for quizzes/exams and ones who liked to form study groups for me and a few other people who wanted to join us study togheter.

If I was able to go back in time I would have given myself the advice of taking more time to study. I never was really the studying type back in high school but until I made my transition to Manchester Community College , I have taken the time to study and try to put my part towards succeeding to get out within two years to continue on with my education. If I had known that a university was a bit better to start off at after high school, I would have dedicated my time towards working hard to get amazing grades in high school in order to prove to myself that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. I also would have told myself to try and apply to diffrent universitys/colleges during really early so that I would not end up going to Manchester Community College. Good thing was I knew that starting at a community college was good because its cheaper and I get basically the same education as another student who attends a university.

The best thing I consider about my school is the great instructors, tutors, students that are there. When I first made it to MCC I never knew anyone at all. The first people I met there were my instructors, they were great and appreciated it that I stayed after class to practice problems that were given out in class. The learning atmosphere at MCC because you will always recieve all of the help you need with the specified course you need help in. so the Best thing about my school will always be the great support you recieve while attending.

Joanne

The advice i would give myself if i could go back in time and talk to myself would be to focus 100%. Focusing on school really helps you get good grades. My first semester in college didn't go very well; it was overwhelming and i didn't focus. Math is still my toughest subject even in high school. I think in high school i didn't really care about math and if i did, i know it would have helped me in college. High school sets you up for college although its not the same experience, high school does help. Focusing in high school could have taught me the importance of getting good grades and doing all my homework. I wish i did better in math class so i would remember most of what i learned and apply it to college math because most of freshmen math was review.

The best thing about Manchester Community College is that you can always find ways to get help in subjects that are your weakest. There is a tutoring center that is always available that can be very useful. I also like how the professors have office hours where you can talk to them one on one and get the help you need. This school is very famous for the professors and staff always being there for you when you need help the most.

A person who likes to make friends shouldn't attend this school because its very hard to do that. Seeing its a community college, people come and go as they please. You can't live there so you don't always see the sameperson every day. My first day i was all excited and expected to make newe friends. As of now, i was only friends with people i sat next to in class and really never saw any of them out of college.

Manchester Community College-Manchester, CT administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.