Manchester Community College-Manchester, CT Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Manchester Community College-Manchester, CT

Shara

I thought Manchester Community College was great and I am definitively recommending the college to my friends. It is cheap and everyone there is so nice and helpful. Even if it doesn't have the major you want, it is a good starting point to get out a lot of the classes you need for a lot less money and then transfer to a different college to finish up.

Hailey

I think that Manchester Community College is very underrated. People look down on Community Colleges, but they really shouldn't. There are teachers that I have that are teaching the same course at state universities for probably around half the price and in smaller settings. Their arts program, from what I have seen, is pretty great. Most professors I have had care about the students that they have and want to see them succeed. People shouldn't count this college out just because it is a community college because the quality of the education you can get here is pretty great.

Phi

great teachers and lower cost than any of other college. Friendly and always there to help students out.

Savannah

It is a great stepping stone on to bigger and better things. While the social scene is virtually non existent here and there are limited clubs and programs that aren't to student government association, the school itself offers the comfort that big universities do not. Professors are easy to contact and talk to and the classes are small providing a more one on one experience necessary for future learning and growth in education.

Carmella

What I do love about the college is the academics. It's a great school to learn from and I love the fact that the professors are really nice when it comes to mental health. In my opinion, I do think that the pricing on the food should be lowered because there are many people that can not afford it and they struggle with buying food. But the good thing about the college is that it has a food pantry that you can go to; to get free food if you can't afford it even though it might be limited it's still something to rely on. I also wish that people wouldn't be so judgemental of others especially if they're going through mental obstacles because you can't see what someone else is going through on a mental level. But like I said Academically; it's a great school; socially it's a little tough but in the end to me it doesn't really matter if i have friends or not because i'm here to learn not party and ruin my life. I want to be successful in the future and to be able to support my future family. That's what matters to me.

Mercedes

MCC is a very safe place. There are police on campus at all times, and though there are no sports, there are a lot of other extracurriculars, such as ceramics, bake shop, and many other art classes. The community is great. Everyone is very supportive of you, including the teachers. The only downside is that the campus is shared with a high school, so it can get noisy sometimes.

Shaughnessy

I believe Manchester Community College is a great place to get an education. It is a place where the professors genuinely care about their students and are constantly offering new opportunities for students to get involved. I have had many professors that teach the same courses at Central Connecticut State University as well as UCONN and here we get it for a much cheaper price. I would recommend MCC to anyone!

Rosalee

This facility is great if you are the type of person to go to your classes and go home after. The student life is welcoming, yet we don't have many extracurricular activities to involve everyone on campus. The professors are knowledgeable, understanding and professional at all times.

Kaitlyn

I like the school, it offers free feminine products which makes me feel welcomed and included. But the food is very hard to get to if you do not have a car. Other than that it is a wonderful school. The teachers are great and very welcoming and the school offers a lot of opportunities for students.

Andrea

Manchester Community College is a good school that help you in every aspect of your life. The academic Part is very good I have learned important things and my knowledge expanded very well. I'm glad that I always have good teachers that help me to reach my goals.

Stephen

I think that it is a great college to go to if you are looking to transfer to a university. I have just finished my degree there and I have had an exceptional experience with my teachers. Out of the entire time I attended Manchester Community College I have only had 2 teachers that I found inadequate . The other teachers I have had the pleasure of learning under have been average to extraordinary in their teaching capabilities. The campus is nice and the food is good. The classrooms are clean and up to date with multiple projectors in every room. I've been bitching about that school for the last year because I am tired and ready to move on. But in reality, it has been a great place for me.

It's definitely a school to consider! Although it is a community college, you will get a quality education attending MCC. Not to mention its way less expensive to complete your first two years here, then transfer to a university. If you attend MCC, you can automatically transfer to any of the state colleges when you complete your first two years. You can also transfer to UConn through their Guarenteed Admission Program. The teachers here are always available to help and there are many campus clubs to join.

lina

It is one of the best community college there is out there.

Michaella

Manchester Community College helped get my education back on track. The professors were always there to help. Unlike other colleges they were there to help you succeed in all aspects of your education. Some were even there to listen and give advice on other life related problems. If it wasn't for the professors here, I never would have gotten my Associates Degree.

Cindy

Manchester Community College has provided me with an excellent education. I would highly recommend this school to prospective students. The campus is kept very clean and there are new additions to the school regularly. The professors are kind and are extremely knowledgeable.

Claribel

Manchester Community College Of Connecticut is a great place to start your education. The school is always clean and in great shape, the teachers are amazing and are always available to students! It is definitely a place that helps others and a place to feel safe at. Learning is never a failure at Manchester Community College. Not only is it a wonderful place to start with numerous programs but you can get help to transfer those credits to another school, programs and, even help finding a job! I’m glad I made the choice to attend Manchester Community College to begin my journey.

Franchesca

I believe it is a great way to start off, especially since I will be attending college for 8 more years.

Leia

It’s a decent school, but it’s hard to access scholarship information. Also, if you are behind on payments you cannot check your grades, register for classes or anything else. I was awarded a 1,000$ Scholarship but it wasn’t applied to my bill so now I still owe money and can’t pay it off currently. Staff said I just still owed the money and wouldn’t help other wise.

Roselina

This Community College has a lot to offer whether it's clubs or activities to do outside of the school. Lots of students and staff come together to do something big like run fundraisers or have a donation to those who are in need. by doing this its not only helpful for everyone to be part of something special but it brings everyone to become close with one another and we get to share our stories with everyone. Also we get to meet new people and have a great time.

Deanye

Great school and very clean. But could use more things to be involved in. Such as groups, football, basketball, sports for girls as well, and events for students. Most teachers are great but there are some that need to learn at least a little respect. For example, I’m an out of state student new to the school on my first day to class not knowing where anything is, so I have to ask around to see where my class is. Teachers were upset if you were late a few even locked doors cause they didn’t want interruptions once class started, once again I didn’t understand cause it was the first day of class. But other than that the school is great.

Marvyn

It was a great school to learn and develop life skills. Many of the teachers are willing to give you more information than you ask for, which is a good thing for those who are extremely invested in a class. If you are coming to socialize or party, it may not be the best fit as many people are here to get an education and learn! I personally enjoyed my time here, but I wish I had more time to engage in the many clubs and programs they have. It is very engaging and informative for anyone going in for a Arts, science, Engineering and math degree from my experience.