North Manchester, IN
Manchester University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Manchester University

Manchester College is a great place to discover yourself, make friends, and become the professional you want to be.

I would relax and not be so worried about the transition. Manchester made it a breeze to enter into college life. Everyone is so accepting and fun, just be yourself!

Anyone would fit well in this school. The enviornment is so positive and accepting.

Janet

I have gotten friendship and caring professors out of the college experience so far. Along with being accepted for who I am and not being forced to change who I am.

That it's very small and the teachers really want to get to know you and want you to succeede in the program that you choose.

Hunter

When I tell people I go to Manchester they usually think "wow, that's a great school" because they hear about how much it costs to go there. Or they think I went to school in England. Most of the time I'm on campus I'm in class because I prefer not to be on campus if I don't have to be. The administration really don't care what the students think and are more concerned with starting satellite campuses than making improvements to the main campus. Most recently the Student Government Association decided to ban smoking on campus which created a small uproar, but for the most part students have very little pride in the school (except the ones who are paid to - aka 'student ambassadors') and therefore don't really care about the decisions of the SGA.

A lot of people stereotype Manchester's student body as being extremely Gay. While there is certainly an active GLBT group on campus, there aren't that many gay students. Most of the student body is white, and I've heard from some of the African American students that they feel out of place. Most students are from small towns in Indiana and are perfectly fine graduating and moving back there. Although students are stereotyped as being liberal, many of them have no idea about politics or current affairs.

Manchester is great if you want to be an Accountant, Elementary teacher, Physical Trainer, or Chemist. However, most of the other programs leave a lot to be desired. The study abroad program is very popular for students, although in many instances it is cost prohibitive. Manchester is very generous with scholarships, but increases their tuition each year substantially so you end up paying quite a bit by your senior year. Further, Manchester typically attracts a very limited scope of students, most of them from small towns in Indiana and not necessarily the "top of the class."

Most of the professors went to Manchester and grew up in the immediate area surrounding the school. Most of the students are not competitive and prefer to just let things happen. The Political Science Department only has two full time professors, both of whom are very good; but offer a limited scope of knowledge outside of what they've taught the last 20-25 years. The curriculum in general is not very difficult, although some programs are harder than others.

Most students prefer to stay in small groups when hanging out. You'll find there's a small, select group of students who control most of the organizations. The Student-Education-Association (future teachers) is a great group, and really works hard in the community. Most of the dorms are very free and fun, although Helman and Oakwood Halls are usually much more quiet and "closed up." There are no frats or sororities on campus, and I live off campus and like it much better.

Some stereotypes are that all Manchester students are from the top of their high school classes, they're all extremely involved in campus activities, they're all very liberal, and that the town of North Manchester is very inclusive of the college.

Krista

My school is known for our peace studies program, which I am a part of. Manchester College was the first college to offer a major in Peace Studies. We are also known for our Biology-Chemistry (pre-med, pre-vet, etc) program. My school has very rigourous academics but it is still a very fun place to be.

Manchester College is very small, only 1200 students. Schools of this size are pretty unique. For a school so small there are plenty of majors to choose from adn the same can be said about clubs and activities.

College has really taught me more about myself than anything. I have discovered a passion for both social and political activism. With this I have also discovered self-confidence which has allowed me to voice my opinions and to stand up for what I believe is right. As I type this I am taking part in a two day hunger strike which ends tonight (11/30/2010) at midnight. About a dozen students on my campus as while as many more at different colleges in Indiana are taking part in this to put pressure on the Senate to pass the Dream Act. I am a minority myself and although I am not Hispanic I really believe that everyone should be given the chance to succeed. Besides my new found passion I have made friends from all over the world because my school has a lot of international students. I love being able to learn about different cultures. College has really helped me discover my full potential and has helped me decide what kind of person I want to be currently and in the future.

Tyler

My classmates are some of my new best friends. They are not only a name on an attendance list, but people I expect to gain new friendships with that shall last throughout a lifetime.

Manchester College offers not just a degree, but a life changing experience. It helps build friendships that will last a lifetime and a discoverance of your true self. With the small campus, close-knit faculty and student family, and small community, Manchester College is a choice that will exceed any expectations. For however many years one attends the prestigous university, they will make memories that will last forever. I have not only gained a better education from Manchester, but have realized what I want in life and how to make that happen efficiently and effectively. I have developed relationships with students and faculty that I can count on even in the most personal of situations that I may face. Similar to the school's motto, "I have found my place."

The best thing is the relationship between professors and students. Almost every professor knows each student by name, not just a number or I.D. The class size is small, so it is more of a personal relationship than a professional student/teacher relationship. Some professors even invite their students over for a small dinner or go out to a movie to even better the relationship and make the student as comfortable around them as they are their family.

Agathe

College has been for me a great experience. It has open my eyes to another view of my future. During my two years pursuing an associate degree, i have learned the basics of everything in life and i can say that i have an idea in about everything. College has also helped me take more seriously my education and it has helped me become more responsible of myself. I became more aware of my responsibilities as a student and i became to understand that the need of being successful in the future depends on my hard work only. With all the knowledge that i've acquired while attending college, now more than ever, i would love to pursue a higher degree because i know that it will get me to the level of suuccess that i would like to and that i will reach.

Zeth

The thing that made my choice was the recognizable accounting program that the school offers. As well as the cross country and track program which are increasing in successfulness in recent years.

College is about the education gained and the experiences along the way. While most college students are not in sports I feel like being in sports open a plethora of opportunities to the student-athlete. Sports are a way of meeting and forming close family bonds with teammates from the school. Sports also allow athletes to meet people from other schools, expanding ones friend networking capabilities. Sports also allow for opportunities such as starting a winning dynasty or competing in a championship event which most students will never be abel to experience. I have formed close friendships with people from Manchester and as well as from other schools throughout competition. Sports also teach you determination and hard-work which are valuable assets to have when starting a career.

People who like a small school and small town. People who do not have a problem with seeing the same people on a nearly daily basis. People who like a small class size and personalized attention from the professors.

Karina

I began school majoring in Accounting Technology. During my time in school I have learned more about myself and what I want. I have decided that when I graduate in May I would like to continue into a Human Resources career. I have become more independent and learned to manage my time better. I have really enjoyed my time a student. I enjoy attending my classes and receiving good grades on assignments. It really proves to me that I can do whatever I set my mind to. I am going to continue next fall with my Associates Degree in Human Resources and I am thrilled.

Joshua

Manchester is unique to all the other schools that I considered due to its small class sizes. Also I believe that Manchester has a very unique history and campus built around that history.

As a first year student in college I have gained already so much knowledge. What I gained is not just book knowledge but knowledge about life and succeeding. I learned right off the bat that you can not be shy at college. One must be outgoing and ready to work with peers and just have fun. College introduces so many different ways of studying and preparing for tests in the most unique and fun ways. Also you learn so much about your peers in your dorms. Dorm life is a very unique experience and is loaded with lots of fun. I have learned so much from all the ones around me and we have so much fun. Already I feel like the money set forth towards my tutition is already used and used in a great way.

Honestly the only really thing that I wish i would have know was that on Advising Days you set down and create your own schedule for your first semester. I wish I would have had more time to look at each course to see what really interested me.

Keyana

My school is a place where I have the opportunity to be a leader, network with my professors, expericience different cultures and study abroad.

My school is best known for graduating their students in four years.

I have gained the chance to network, the opportunity to study abroad and obtain lifelong friends from my college experience. Being able to network with professionals in the career path I am headed in me better understand my options and get into my career more quickly. The opportunity to study out of the country allows me to get a better perspective of how social work facilities work outside of the United States. The one thing I am most proud of is being able to develop what I believe will be lifelong friendships that will serve as a support system throughout my life. It has been a valuable to attend college because it has allowed me to figure where I want to go in life and how to get there. It has also helped me decide what kind of person I want to be in the future.

Manchester University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.