North Manchester, IN
Manchester University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Manchester University

Mary

Manchester is extremely small and even though its gets annoying that there is not always a lot to do, the faculty and students are so well rounded and helpful that it makes it worth a few uneventful weekends.

My classmates are very diverse and interested in learning; they work hard and are always willing to help you understand.

I would tell myself not to be afraid to push; to push myself to try new things and meet new people and feel new things. Push myself to become so much more than what I thought I could be. I would tell myself to realize that the greatest friends you can make are the people who take care of you when you are sick and sit and watch classic college movies with you in the dorm. Push yourself to engage your mind and body with every chance you get and never be afraid to take chances. Mistakes are the best thing that will happen to you because they show you that you have to open your eyes to new people and ideas and abandon unnecessary prejudices you once thought justified. Never be afraid to take a leap of faith while pushing yourself and others to be so much more than you anticipated. Lastly, push yourself to meet every new face you see because everyone is the most important person so someone else; you should put forth the effort to find out why. Never stop pushing through hard times and through boundaries because the harder you push, the higher you go.

Mary

Manchseter College is friendly, diverse place where there is plenty of room to grow into the adult you want to be.

Make sure you find somewhere that you feel comfortable and safe and feel like you can develop into the adult that you want to be.

One that does frustrate me is how much it cost to go there.

James

I am practical and like to have real world reffences to what I learn; I also find that there is more to be learned than just what is taught in the classroom.

I would tell the Parents to look at the financial aspects of the school including the cost and the financial aid given by the school and the government, but also be supportive of the students choice. For the student I would tell him/her to look at the size of the school, the majors offered, and the cost of the school. When taking these into account one should compare them to one's own likes and personality. If you like to have the one on one attention of your proffessors then a smaller school would most likely be a better choice. Look at the majors that the school offers and whether you have options of change between them should you decide that your first choice is not what you want to do. Finally look at the cost of the school and the financial aid that you are eligible for from both the school and the government and talk with your parents about how they would be willing to help. Then make your desicion and enjoy your college career.

The smaller size and how that positively affects the class room learning enviorment.

Phylicia

Searching for the right college for you may seem hard, but all you really need to know is yourself. I was very confused on how to make the right decision on choosing what college was best for me, but I did it based on what I would like as a social and learning experience. Ask yourself questions such as these: Do I prefer a busy, crowded environment or a small, open environment? Do I want the professors to know me by name or by a number? Do I want more hands on classes in smaller classrooms or more lectures in bigger classrooms? Does the school have an enhancing program for the major I want? Basically, when I was considering what school was right for me, I was undecided based on the size of the school, and how much help I would really receive whether in a large or small classroom. After realizing that I truly am a hands on learner, that I wanted more interactions with professors, and that I wanted an small environment like home, I knew Manchester was right for me. Therefore, ask yourself these questions and make a pro and con list to decide between your choices.

The best thing about Manchester College is that it every professor has an open door policy where any student can come in to receive help. The professors are easily accessible if needed and they are willing to switch things up every now and then for the benefit of the students. I love knowing that I will be fully prepared to enter the real working world once I am at that point in my life. My professors do a great job in helping me to learn what I need to so that I can start my bright upcoming future!

Before I came to this school I wish I had known two things. First, I wish that I had known that this experience would be one of the best experiences of a lifetime. When I first came to school, I was scared and worried that I would not fit in, not find friends, and not like being so far from home. Now, I love it all! I also wish that I would have known how hard it would be to finance the rising costs of attending Manchester College. These monetary problems constantly worry me, but I really want this education!

Jason

Manchester College is best known for their accounting program I would think. It's a five year program which details a number of business correlated classes. known for it's prestige a student graduating with an accounting degree has the best chances for job placement.

College changes everything, choosing a college based on academics and your desired setting should not summarize the importance. Know what your stepping into! Attend a few classes of different academic fields, focus on your own attitude and the attitude of the other students in the room. Stay the night at the school, really the usual social life for college students begins after 9 or 10p.m. . If your an athlete talk to athletes that play your sport as well as others, you will find athletes who play your sport seem to hype up the academic and athletic programs so take opinions from different sports. Search for an area which you would feel comfortable with, something that brings you happiness or determination to do well in school. Your college experience is what you make it after all though, there are schools offered everywhere giving you a chance to succeed in life. Remind yourself that your decision is infact important; it's not what your parents want you to do nor what your coach wants you to do, but what your willing to do for your future.

The most frustrating thing about Manchester College is students like I who trouble to find their way, to really have an overall happiness with their placement there. I would suggest that out of all graduates this year only a 1/4 are happy with the school overall. Haha, traveling to chicago for a soccer tournament I ran into a former student. He was very enthuastic and polite, but as the story holds true for most alumni he could not find an occupation in his area of study.

Chris

Try to find a college that will match your personality, but still gives you that opportunity to expand and change your views. It is important for the school to be able to challage. you both accademically and personally. Through this challage you will be able to find both what you want to do in life but also who you want be.

The professor attention and practical experience.

Jamie

Most were people I adored, especially in the Communication Studies department; I miss them dearly now that I have graduated, and I truly wish I could have the conversations with them that I did on a regular basis again.

Remember the advantage of having smaller classes and more one on one attention from professors. While small schools can become overwhelming, they are amazing when it comes to getting a full, well-rounded learning experience.

The community. You won't find a better set of people to be around. There's always somone to lend a hand, ear, or shoulder if needed.

Check your options. Find out where relatives or other friends went. Have them share their experiences with you. FInd a college that has a program in your field, with a faculty that knows what they're teaching. Know what you're looking for, and if it doesn't work out, there's always the option of transferring to someplace more enjoyable.

A person who is goal oriented and doesn't want to slack off and spend more time socializing than studying. A person who likes engaging with others and sharing their thoughts and opinions, while being respectful of others as well.

Tyffany

Take the time to look into and visit a variety of schools in order to select the one that best fits your needs. Once you have selected your school, begin applying for many scholarships. Don't be afraid to talk to the faculty and staff at your school, they are there to help you, there really is no such thing as a stupid question. Lastly, get invilved on campus, whether joining a club or study group or playing sports, it is a great way to meet people. You are there to get an eduction but take the time to let your hair down now and then, it will help you to keep stress levels down.

Someone who is open minded and willing to listen to new ideas.

The profs are friendly and very willing to work with you. The campus as a whole is fairly open minded and accepting of people from diverse backgrounds.

Manchester University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.