Manhattan School of Music Top Questions

Amy

If I had to opportunity to advise my teenage self in my future decisions, I would tell myself to take advantage of the opportunities available from home. I would push myself to work together with my parents to build my credit score, instead of running off to "do it myself." I would explain the importance of being humble, and that it is alright to accept help every once in awhile!

To all you high school seniors, do not give into senioritis. True it is easier to slack off senior year and apply to a college that requires little effort to be accepted to. But look into all the colleges you can! College is going to be where you are going to spend the next 4 years of your life so you may as well put some effort into your college application. Also, take advantage of your electives in high school, especially if you are unsure of what you want to do in college and plan on applying undecided. There are some pretty neat electives in high school that I wish my college offered. If you are interested in sewing, science, psychology, etc. look into extra classes related to those subjects! You may surprise yourself at how much you may enjoy the class! I took a fashion design class my senior year and loved it! I love music more but now I know that I could also go into fashion. So to sum this up, sprint to the finish. High school is preparing you for the real world so don't be lazy and give up on your senior year.

Solomon

I have obtained a very fine high-level music education. It is very valuable to me because I am a classical pianist and without attending this music conservatory I could not raise me musical education to where it is today. I have made some very good friends and musical contacts by attending this conservatory in New York City.

Solomon

I would not worry so much about all the different tests that are needed to take for entrance to university.

Solomon

I would not stress about all the facts that college brings.