Manhattanville College Top Questions

Jamila

The worst thing about Manahattanville is its school spirit; because the institution is 30 mins outside of the city a lot of students take advantage of that and dont really take part in school events. Many of the students arent that friendly and stick to themselves and their group .

Katharine

The worst thing about Manhattanville for me was the size. I came from a very small high school (about 700 students from 13 towns) but Manhattanville students seemed more invasive, more willing to stick their nose in your business and then talk about it. That can lead to bad experiences, but also great ones. Word of mouth proved to be a fantastic way to learn about new student clubs and other social networking devices.

Randy

I don't think I consider anything worst about my school because me being there for my first year, it is not bad. I do not see any flaws about the campus, yet.

Lack of commuter services. Very remote town with no immediate stores. Have to buy food on campus which is expensive.

Francis

There are advantages to being a small school and disadvantages.

Manhattanville College is very small so the social scene is not what you would find when compaired to a State University, but you can still have fun.

Joanna

My major is Asian Studies, and I'm certian that our department is the smallest one. With only two teachers for history/literatury and two for Languages (Japanese/Chinese), we're very limited on resources. We've told the president about it, and anything has yet to be done. We are sure that once our head of the department retires, that the major will most likely disappear. The people who work in admissions/Financial aid/and student accounts are sometimes useless. They loose information easily and it takes sometimes weeks to get a simple error corrected.

Sometimes, it can be hard to meet people. The school tries to organize events, but everyone tends to stick to their tiny groups. There is also not much to do in the surrounding towns.

The size. It is too small and everyone on campus knows eachothers business. It feels like you never graaduated high school.

The limitation of variety of classes.

A.

IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE AND THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR IT DOESN'T EQUAL TO THE THINGS THEY GIVE YOU. FOOD AND HOUSING IS SO BAD. HALF OF THE TIME FRESHMEN END UP LEAVING EAITHER BECAUSE THEY CAN'T PAY, THEY PARTY TO MUCH AND GET KICKED OUT OR THEY DID NOT LIKE IT AND END UP TRANSFERING.

Cari

lack of communitcation between the departments.

Joanna

I would say the worst this about Manhattanville is the lack of community. There is no school spirit.

Tuition cost.

The administration is full of liars, cheaters, and theifs that will tell you anything to get you to come to school here. Once your here their level of concern drops off completely and they could care less what happens after that. Admissions seems to tell perspective students anything they want to hear to get them to come here.

Allie

The food