Manhattanville College Top Questions

Keston

Manhattanville is the perfect school for me. It isn't to big or to small and the class sizes are very small so your more involved and your professor's know your name. In the past 2 years the school has developed alot of pride both in academics and in sports programs. although the school is in an area where there is mostly houses and businesses, there is the city of white plains which is just about 15 mins away that has many different places to shop,eat and just hang out. The thing that most students complain about here is the food but like any other campus after being here for 2 or three years u generally get tired of eatting the same stuff.

Sienna

I really like the size of this school because it isn't that overwhelming to figure out the first day of classes. It's just right for me. It's really unusual how diverse the campus is because we have students from 66 countries and 33 states. I know that people back home haven't really heard of this school, but many people in the general area know this school. I spend most of my time in either my room or the music building (because I'm a music major). I really like all of my professors that I have this semester because if I ever need any help or advice, they're always there to help me out.

Despite it's lack in selectivity and that some students aren't very bright, Manhattanville is still a good school and almost everyone who goes there is pretty friendly and laid back. It's very small so gossip goes around quickly and once people have found their group of friends they rarely reach out too much beyond that. It's cliquey for sure, but most are still cordial to all other's. Also a lot of weird kids who maybe would be bullied at other school's but here at Manhattanville everyone is nice so they're not made to feel left out, and have each other. Also decent amount of socioeconomic diversity, with about 1/3 being first-generation but the few rich kids who do attend aren't overly snobby or brag about their wealth. Many problems, one being the lack of money and funding for the school. It does not have a big endowment so they have cut back on some academic programs and the dorms are pretty crummy and there are only four of them. Also, Manhattanville doesn't have a strong sense of community within the school because it is close to White Plains and New York City so a lot of people go there on the weekends and some week nights, and about 25{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students commute. Also, going along with that, this is not a big party school as a lot of small groups of friends and all the sports teams just go into White Plains to hit up the bars there, and do not party too much on campus. So this is a huge plus if you're looking for a school that is not all about partying. School pride is so-so and the retention rate is not so hot. New President came in a couple years ago, and is supposed to be more academically-oriented and wants to increase selectivity. Biggest problem is there lack of money.