Mansfield University of Pennsylvania Top Questions

I would tell myself to enjoy getting to know people. It is easy to make friends within your major, and the professors are personal and fun.

In my opinion, my high school did not prepare me for college. Now, when high school friends ask me what to expect in college, I feel the need to give them advise I did not receive before graduation. This fact is why I went back to my high school to share with underclassmen my experience so far in my new life. By advising them, hopefully they will not be as nervous as I. If I had the chance, I would tell myself I am making the right decision. The summer before college I was undoubtedly scared. Looking back, I would tell myself college is not a bad thing. College is paired with responsibilities, but also experience, specialized classes, helpful professors, and freedom. In high school I was always bored in my classes I had no interest in. I loved my Advanced Biology and Anatomy, but classes such as Algebra had trouble keeping my attention. I would also remind myself there is no “unimportant” class. Every class is an opportunity to further your education. College is a time to redefine yourself. Classes are chosen to fit your schedule, making learning easy and fun.

The advice that I would give to my high school self would be to not worry so much about the small things. Look forward to the bigger pictures in life. Have fun, but make sure you make time for your homework and yourself. Do your best and if you fail at something, so what, at least you tried. And when this is all over, you'll look back and be proud of the person you were and the person that you've become.

alyssa

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would say to always focus on school and do well in all my classes because how much effort you put in, is what you get out. So always try your very best. I would also tell myself to talk to a counselor about my intended major and do some reasearch about it so I can know the education requirements and schooling for it. I would also tell myself to always study for upcoming exams to get good grades because education is the key to success. Also if you are not sure about your major, think of something you enjoy doing. It isn't about the money. Just enjoy what you love.

When I was a senior in high school, I used to do many things; such as getting involve with the Aspira/Hispanic Club doing some fundraising for my school. I even had to use some posterboards to put in photos of people who I know when they were seniors in high school and were my friends that I've studied and hanged out with. But the most important fact about myself was that I was setting up my own goals and have realized that I was close to graduating high school. Furthermore, it was only the beginning for me by reaching one goal of stepping foot in going to college. Ever since I started college, I didn't know what I was doing at first because I was searching in one of the classrooms where I need to attend class and all the rest. All of a sudden, my abilities were starting to increase so that I would be able to understand what life in college is about, and that is where I begin to gain some experience into thinking that I could learn almost anything and simply become the best the student that I can be which matters most.

Pordea

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is to know what you want to do in life first or what you want your future career to be. This is very helpful to know so that when you get to college you can focus on what you need to know for your future career. Practice time management in high because in college is where, in my opinion, takes place the most. Once you've figured out what you want to do in the future, search for colleges that are very prominent in that major area of what you want to study. Also, have other options just in case you are not accepted into the college of your choice. You want to also look at what you can afford. Its nothing like paying for a college education and going to college just to be asking yourself "why am I here?" Making the transition to college will be challenging but your have to ask yourself, "Am I up for the challenge, is this what I want?" Answer, then make your life changing decision.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, knowing what I now about college life now, I would have a lot of advice to give myself. I would tell remind myself to keep a healthy balance of work and play because that is very important in college. I would tell myself to keep up with my school work and not let myself get too far behind because trying to catch up can be difficult and stressful. Lastly, I would tell myself to take every opportunity I can to better myself or my education. I am in college for a reason and should take full advantage of my time and opportuinities here. There are many programs and activities at college that can teach me new skills and streghen my already exisiting ones. In the end, I would not want to have any regrets. I would tell my high school self to do everything I can in college so that when I'm done I can look back and know I did everything I could and wanted.

The advice I would go back and give myself would be to stay focused. Graduating high school was exciting and overwhelming but you shouldn't lose sight of what's important because when one chapter ends; graduating high school, another begins; continuing your education to better yourself for the future. I would tell myself to put more time into my school-work and to take things more seriously. I would have told myself to pick up different learning habits so the transition wouldn’t have been as hard to adapt to going into the college life. Lastly, I would give myself the advice that what you work hard for will benefit you down the road and in the long run.

Ella

I wish I could tell myself to not worry about others as much as I did. I was the girl who anyone could count on to be there when she was needed, and unfortunately when you have a lot to give, there are people who take advantage of you. I never saw it that way; I just always want to be the person to help when I'm needed. Not much has changed since high school but when I was 15 I was in an abusive relationship that lasted 4 years. I finally got the help and courage I needed to change my life and make myself a stronger person. I don’t regret being there for people when they need my but I’m certainly not as naive to the evils that exist in our world as I once was. I used to think ignorance is bliss but now I see that true bliss is when you can look at the world through cold eyes that have seen the dark and still see the beauty in it. That's what I’ve learned to do. I just wish 15 year old me was less blind to it back then.

I would tell myself that in college grades aren't the only thing that matters. In order to be successful in college you need to be able to interact in various situations that are outside of a classroom setting. I would tell myself that being focused on my grades is an important thing, but I also need to know that having a social life is okay as well. I would also tell myself that though going to college seemed very scary, as of now it is the best time in my life. I have met so many people who are just like me and are just as driven as I am. I want to tell myself that in college is where you finally find out who you are and what you want to be. But the most important thing that I would tell myself is that it is okay to not know where you are going in life. It is great to have a plan, but if you don't that’s okay too. College allows you to change your mind and try new things and really develop into the individual that you are going to be once you graduate.

If I could go back and talk to my self in High school before I graduated I would tell myself Don't go out with Colleen again she will jsut break your heart again. Don't jump right into college take sometime off you will need sometime to discover who you are. And lastly spend more time with your grandparents they won't life for much longer.

molly

If I were able to talk to my high school self, I would say "you are wasting precious time!" I would say to myself that the bad habits that you adopted in high school will come to harm you later in college life. Work hard, work ahead, work to be on time, and you will be able to do amazing things with that knowlege. It won't only help you in college, but it will also help you when you do enter the work force. Only now am I finally understanding that I was throwing time and money away. I am finally getting A's in most of my classes. YOU could avoid that few years that it took for you to discover that by beginning today. You could graduate and begin your life at 22 years old rather than at 25. Don't waste time.

If I could go back and talk to my 12th grade self, I would tell myself to research careers sooner instead of later. I decided at the last minute to go to college and got everything done late, so I would tell myself to put more effort into finding out the type of career I would want to have in the future, to speed up my decision making. I would inform myself of the costs of going to college and tell myself to get a job before hand and to file for FAFSA earlier than I did. I would tell myself to be prepared to talk more often in college than in high school. I would inform myself of all the different career and volunteer possibilities I am now thinking about to give my 12th grade self more incentive to go to college. With more incentive I would have done more my senior year and even improved my grades.

Don't give up! I wish I had someone to say those words to me at a time that I desperately needed them. After having spent 17 years in foster care, I had given up on myself and I barely graduated high school. I married my way out of the system, and graduated high school the proud parent of a 3 month old baby boy. College was far out of my thought processes at the time, and I wish I had been there to tell me what a valuable experience it would turn out to be. I would tell myself to look for ways to overcome those barriers. I would have taught myself about the additional funds available for high school graduates who are wards of the state. Most importantly, I would have told myself that going to college isn't about being successful or making more money. It's about overall satisfaction with your life. Finally, after all is said and done, I would tell myself that someday I would be proud of my accomplishments in school and in life, not in spite of the hardships, but because of them.

Wendi

Dear Wendi (age 17)- Twenty-six years ago, I was standing where you are now. You are full of self doubt and you don't believe that you can go to college and pass the classes that you need to in order to become a nurse. I guarantee you that you are smart enough and that you just need to believe in yourself and not be afraid of making mistakes. You are an intelligent young woman and you should not miss out on the opportunity to live in the college dorm and learn how to make your own way. Twenty-six years from now, you will not only have an associates degree in nursing, but you are working full time in a cardiac catheterization lab and attending on-line classes to obtain your BSN. You are doing all this as well as raising your family. Just think, if you had not given in to your fears and used your determination and intelligence earlier in life, you could be farther along in your journey to becoming a nursing professor. You can do it!! Sincerely, Wendi (age 43)

Martin

Get Involved. I was never much of a social person. I never joined a team for sports or lasted long in band; I never really did much with those around me. It was not until more towards the end of my senior year that I realized that I should change that. When one sees an opportunity to do something, for instance join a club, learn a language, travel, or hang out with friends more, one should seize it. Getting involved in anything gives meaning to life; to be a part of something is truly just awesome. I wish that I would have been on something like the soccer team or got involved with one of the clubs that we had in school. Now that I have realized that, I am finally getting out there and getting involved and by doing so, I am learning. I value learning above about everything and I now try to get involved in as much stuff as I can so I can get a broad perspective of life. I am now in the chemistry club, german club, I have done an exchange with a student from Germany, and so much more. Life can be more.

Carla

Carla, I know it is quite a shock to see yourself all these years later. I remember when you thought that thirty seemed so far off. Trust me, it is not really that bad. But before you turn to the next chapter in your life, I want you to remember there will be many transitions, more importantly, as you begin to think about college. You may not think so now, but you will go out into a world that is unlike what you have ever known. You will interact with people you have never interacted with and begin to find out who you really are. Please do not let these new experiences scare you as they have scared me. I am finding that I am now trying to go back and accomplish what would have been easier had I not shied away from it when I was your age. I know that completing four more years of school seems like a lot, but I know you will feel a sense of accomplishment when you are finished. It will open so many more doors for you than what it has for me. Promise me you won’t give up. Sincerely, Carla

Bri

If I was able to go back and advise my high school self about college life. I would tell myself to not be as worried as I was in my senior year. I would be reassuring and help my high school self build the confidence she needed to make it through her senior year. I would have been helpful in making the decision to attend Mansfield earlier. The advice I would have given would be to focus on having fun and finishing my senior year so it could be remembered. I would have assured myself that Mansfield was the best option because of the education that I would receive there in the future could not be gained at any of my other options. If I could go back and advise my high school self I would have shown her just how intellligent she has become. I would have assured her that her hard work has finally paid off. I would have told her to relax and enjoy her senior year because the best years of her life are coming and Mansfield is where she will spend her time. I would tell her to chose Mansfield and to never regret.

Maya

It is a well-known fact that in order to succeed, one needs support. As a high school senior, I was unaware of this detail. Although I had the assistance of my family directly at my fingertips, I didn’t consider this advantage. Instead, my pride led me to contemplate my options as if I was alone. During this time frame of my life, I had to make significant decisions such as what career I wanted to pursue and if I loved it enough to devote the rest of my life to it. What school should I attend? How could I pay the tuition? As these thoughts consumed my mind, I focused on the resources that were unavailable to me instead of the network of assistance that I had all along. It wasn’t until I stopped agonizing over my increasing responsibilities and asked my family and friends for help did I realize that worrying cannot solve problems. If I was able to go back in time and counsel myself as a high school senior, I would inform myself that it is more effective to ask for help when needed in order to learn from other individuals' experiences.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to not be afraid to let go of high school. I had the mind set that I didn't want to go to college and didn't look at many universities. I let my fear of change affect my future and I will never let that happen again. I would tell myself to embrace change and embrace the differences at Mansfield and in other people. I wouldn't trade a day of my college experience for anything.

Kiley

If I could go back to high school in order to give myself some advice, I would tell myself to focus a little bit more on making friends my freshman year rather than focusing on school and work so much. I worked very hard in order to pay my tuition and excel in my courses. I don't regret this because I did very well, but I missed many opportunities to hang out with friends and relax. I would like to tell myself to make better friends in the first few months. Otherwise, I think I have made the right decisions so far and I will continue to work hard and focus on my school work as much as I can.

Satiecka

Discipline is an important concept that you must have in college because in high school there is not much discipline that you need to have in order to move forward because of the structure. If I could go back to High school I would start early on learning on how to discipline myself. For example , I can speak for myself when it comes to my international relations class I just cannot seem to some of the lessons that is taught in that class but I still discipline myself to sit and learn the lessons when I get to my dorm or when I have free time. Discipline will not only help you excel in your classes but all help root you for when you start your career you will have a set of skills to bring to the table when you are interviewed because you was able to teach yourself discipline.

Teaka

If I could go back as a high school senior I would tell myself not to get too nervous and actually stay on campus more than I did. I made a lot of friends after I stayed on campus for a while and I wish I could have more time to hang out with them. I would tell myself to drop my psychology class and choose a different one because I had a tough time with it. I would assure myself I am going to do exellent in my art class even if I don't feel I am a true artist. I would give the advice of studying harder and watching less television. The last thing I would tell myself is to just go have fun, meet new people, don't work as much, and don't worry about spending time with your boyfriend you have the rest of your lives to be together be a teenager for now.

"Ashley, you are stonger than you could ever imagine. I want you to know that you can go into any new situation and flourish. You will be tried with many challenges and even though you may not believe it at the time, you will gain so much from these tribulations. Your future has many paths,the final goals and destinations may change but as long as you maintain your beliefs, values, and convictions nothing can stop you from attaining everything you dream of. Don't worry about making the wrong choices because that is inevitable, and honestly sometimes half the excitement. Get involved in as many things as you wish and don't second guess yourself when meeting new people. When you open yourself up you will attract some of the most important friendships you could ever ask for. Oh, and PLEASE dump him! He will only bring you down and waste your time. You'll find REAL true love soon enough so just focus on you. Also, don't forget the power of confidence, patience, and a smile! Just be you." That is what I would tell myself if I could go back in time to my senior year.

I have to make this quick, but take this advice seriously. You’ll thank me later. Lose the neon nail polish. It’s tacky. That bright orange sweatshirt Coach Polly got you? Sleep in it only. You think you want to go to a college with at least one of your best friends, but don’t. They’ll be your friend even at another school. Go to school far enough away that mom and dad won’t drop in to visit every weekend, but close enough that you won’t have to fly to get home. You’re scared now, I know it. But don’t worry, you’ll love going to school four hours away. You think now that maybe a big university like Penn State will be nice. Lots of people, football games, good education… stop thinking like that and accept that you are an introvert and a smaller school fits you best. Lastly, stop doubting whether or not you want to play basketball in college. It’s an experience of a lifetime. It will be the hardest year for you so far, both academically and athletically, but you can do it and you’ll do it well.

Assuming I could go back in time and talk to my self as a highschool senior I would tell myself to keep my head up and push through the college transition because it is not going to be easy , but it necessary in growing and becoming closer to an adult . I would give my self academic , social, and financial advice. I would tell my self to make time to study no matter what is going on, and not get caught up in the drinking that comes with college. I would explain to myself that college is different from highschool in regurds to the diversity, and I must be open to all different people with different backgrounds. Lastly, I would tell myself to save every penny that I could because college is not cheap and it takes quite a bit of money in order to be able to get a good education, and become successful in life. All in all what I know about the college life now and if I could go back in time and give my highschool self advice I would emphasize academic, social, and financial factors.

Lillian

Understand how to utilize the university library. Emailing proffesors is important for success. Branch out and take classes that you might like. Utilize the guidance office in your high school. Remember that you might never see the people in your high school again, make the best of your last year.

If I could go back in time and give myself one piece of advice for the transition of going into college, I would want to be told of how important time management is. In college things are not handed to you. You need to work for things. You are not constantly reminded what you need to do and when things are due. In order to have a successful transition from high school to college, you need to be able to set times for every academic and nonacademic activity you are involved in. Come up with a calendar planning your days and weeks out. In this calendar, include everything that needs to be done that day. Make sure you allocate time for all of the homework, laundry, dishes, and friends and you still include down time for “you”. Downtime for you includes eating, showering, and sleeping. Time management is key to success.

If I were to go back and speak to my high school self, I would tell her to not be so afraid. Just breathe. It may seem overwhelming but you'll get the hang of it and you'll excel in college in ways that you did not in high school. Classes make sense now, and you're going to be less confused all of the time. You'll still be confused, because life is always confusing, but definitely less than in high school. One thing you should definitely do is start taking 18 credits a semester, sooner rather than later. Your advisor doesn't really have your future semesters in interest and is under the impression that you plan on being in college for 5 years, rather than four. Jokes on her. Just get the hard work out of the way early, and the rest of your college career will be smooth and enjoyable. And if you keep it up, you're going to be the best person in your major for your graduating class. Everyone else gives up because of the work load. Stand tall and march on.

Osmanny

Apply for scholarship early! Find out everything you can about college degrees! Don't slack and try to get the best possible GPA!

I would tell myself to hang in there and remain strong, because I am better than the bullies. I would tell myself that the bullies are not worth missing out on prom night and other fun activities like that. I would tell myself that it will be worth it to look back on those times and tell myself that I surpassed them. I would tell myself to stay in regular school rather than drop out and get my GED, because that only let the bullies win.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have a lot of things to say. First, I would explain the importance of time management. This is a skill I didn't learn in high school and it was very scary when I was a freshman in college and couldn't manage my schedule well. Next, I would mention the major and minors I finally decided on because I would be able to take a lot more of the classes that would prepare me for the future rather than some of the classes that I didn't need and which didn't prepare me at all. The next thing I would tell my high school self would be to get more involved my freshman year. When I first started college I was very shy and it took me a couple of years to feel comfortable enough with myself to join clubs and start volunteering. Now I am actively involved but I wish I started earlier in my college career. The last thing I would tell myself would be to have more fun. I work too often and it makes things difficult.

If I could go back, I would tell my high school self to take as many honors classes and get as many college credits as I could before I actually attend college. It is beneficial to try and bring in as many credits as possible that way I can take my major courses quicker since some of my general education requirements would be complete. I would tell my self to study ahead and work hard in my academics so I am prepared for the future years. I would not tell my self to look at other schools, but I would suggest myself to apply for more scholarships.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, the best advice I could give is to work four times harder as a college student than I did as a high school student and to study a lot. In high school, I had a bad habit of relying on my memory to do work and pass my tests. Luckily, my memory rarely failed me; I never studied. However, when I went to college, I kept the same bad habits. I never studied and I thought I could rely on my memory to help me with my homework and tests. I never took the time to actually understand things and learn them. By the end of my first college semester, I was failing two of my four classes because of my poor study habits and lack of hard work. I ended up getting dismissed for bad grades and had to wait an entire year before I was again accepted. If I could go back, I would tell myself to work hard from the beginning of college until the very end and to always make time for studying!

Bashiru

I should have continue college and get my degree. Something no one in my family has ever accomplished. It’s not too late for me and I am in the process of making that happen, I just wished I had done it sooner. I should have also take more thing in life more important like sport such as soccer in high school that would have got me scholarship to college.

I woud tell myself to be smart and stay true to what you believe in. I made life-changing mistakes my first year of school, but I wouldn't tell myself to avoid them. I would tell myself to stay strong through those mistakes and remember that God has a plan for my life. I would also tell myself to switch academic advisors right away, so that way I could graduate on time... but I would also bring back the point that God has a plan. I would tell myself not to be afraid, but to be strong and ready for this change called college.

Sydney

The advice I would give myself is that I need to stay away from playing videogames in the late hours of the night. And I would tell myself to stick to a sleeping schedule in order to not have to rush to class in the mornings.

As a freshman in college, you will be bombarded with many different tips on how to “survive” the transition from the comfort of high school to the responsibility and difficulty that accompanies college. If I had to offer you any advice, I would say that you should keep an even balance of "work and play." It is very important to stay dedicated to your studies, but at the same time, if you don't socialize and have fun, you're going to go insane from being overworked. Join clubs, be outgoing, and get yourself out there. I know you're not the most confident person, but college will be the perfect time for you to break out of your shell. The more you put yourself out there, the more friends you'll make, which will make this transition easier. By the way, DO NOT PROCRASTINATE. I've fallen victim to this, and it will just create added stress that you don't need. If you can find that balance between your studies and creating a social life on campus (while avoiding procrastination), you'll do wonderfully. Good luck!

Go for it. Follow your dreams and passions because they never go away. It's easier at 17 than at 53.

Beth

Make sure you look into your colleges and apply to the colleges you are interested in months before deadlines.

Shakira

Beings though I am now a sopohmore in college I always thought about what I would say to myself as a high school senior. If I could go back in time and give myself adivce there would only be three points of advice I would give. The first point of advice would be to use all the help, tutors, and advisors the school provides for you. As a freshman during my first semester I thought I could do it all on my own, but soon I learned that the help and tutors were there for a reason. Getting help when it's right there in front of your face can really boost you as a student. Second point would be to get involved in campus activities. Meeting new people and doing new things will open your eyes to the world around you. Getting involved on campus also reminds you that college still can be fun after all the work is done. The last point of advice I would give is to never take your education for granted. Now that I am a sopohmore I've seen so many people slack off and in return get there education stripped form them.

Abraham

I've been a student at Pinnacle Career (PCI) Institute for over nine months now studying to become a personal trainer. I am really pleased with my school because it has taught me valuable tools in order to secure a career in the fitness world. When I first started studying my courses online I found it at first overwhelming because of the complexity of the different subjects I had to learn such as anatomy or kinesiology. PCI has helped me change my thinking patterns by suppressing any negative thoughts I've had and replacing them with positive ones, using the method of positive self talk; because your subconscious accepts whatever you are telling yourself whether it is negative of positive. Most people never get to achieve their full potential because of the negativity they are surrounded with throughout their lives and thus leaving them with a low self esteem. I've overcame the feelings of low self esteem by changing my thinking patterns which have helped me successfully undertake tough courses which are associated with personal training.

Aubree

Throughout my undergraduate years at Mansfield University the courses I choose to further my understanding and knowledge will not be restricted to simply nursing. I foresee the pinnacle of my educational experience as earning a master’s degree, subsequent to receiving my Bachelor’s of Science degree in Nursing. Not only will I continue to apply myself in an educational milieu, I will maintain the same personal characteristics as a member and treasurer and secretary of Mansfield University’s cheerleading squad. Additionally, as part of the Mansfield University Nursing Association, I will unselfishly devote my time to aiding those in need. Part of my volunteerism is spending four hours a week with Broad Acres Nursing Home located in Mansfield, Pa. During these hours, when I can give back to others, defines why exactly I am pursuing a degree in nursing. Nursing is the backbone of the medical industry and I hope to provide medical assistance to individuals in need to improve their overall well-being. The gracious award and acceptance of the Campus Discovery scholarship will financially aid my future aspirations and endeavors, reinforce my involvement in collegiate activities, and will be a force behind my motivation for academic excellence.

Damon

The most useful resource I have received from my college experience is the liberal arts knowledge. This school requires two years of study in liberal arts for every degree. Liberal arts can be useful in many ways. For instance, with the immigration of Mexicans into the US increasing every year, a student who took Spanish in college will have a more beneficial resume than a person who has never taken Spanish. Liberal arts can be useful for many other reasons as well.

Noah

I come from a single parent family with not much money. I am looking for every way possible to find was to help pay for my college tuition. I want to achieve goals, which my neither parents nor brothers have achieved and become a successful person in life. I work full-time as a labor for a mason and attend classes in the afternoon. Working and attending classes is a huge stress load, but I find a way to manage my time to study and make good grades. I have received quite a number of career building skills while my time in college. I feel school and education is a must in life and a major need in our world today. I see so many people with out degrees and with out a future and it just infuriates me to a point that it lights a fire inside me to not become one of those ones that say” I wish I would have stayed in school”. I have a hard time paying for school but I will never give up my pursuits. No matter how long it takes me, I will achieve the goals I have set in my life.

College has opened up a new world for me. It has made me strive for the best in life. It also has been a wonderful experience for me because I have met so many wonderful people of all ages and backgrounds. College is a place for people who want to do something great with their lifes. College has been valuable to me because it has given me an opportunity to succeed. It helps people with difficult lifes because they can escape from the stress at home and go off to college and make a difference in their lifes.

Noelle

Out of my college experience, I've learned how to adapt. Not only to the intense weather, but to the ever changing moods and personalities this university has within. Before coming to college I already knew I had the skills to succeed, and coming here has helped me build and solidify all of them. I believe this is, in part, due to the faculty. I'm a music education major, so I'm around all of the faculty on a regular basis. I've gotten to be very close with some professors; some of whom have become like fathers to me. The faculty-student relationship is one of respect, admiration, and companionship which is something that I'll take away and cherish from this university forever.

The people and professors here are great. This is a fantastic learning environment that is different and better than high school in every way. This college is small which means you will get to know a good deal of people. For a college that is far removed from what you might term "civilization" there is plenty to do here. You will find a club or organization or activity that suits your interests undoubtedly. If Mansfield doesn't have the club you are interested in you are encouraged to start it yourself and people will gladly get behind you. The quality of education here is great and professors will do anything possible to make sure you learn the material and are well suited for your career. I LOVE Mansfield!

Melvin

I gained valuable experience in my field, and learned everything from the importance of professionalism, to the process a musician has to go through to achieve mastery of their instrument. I also made a numerous friends and professional contacts which still are a great personal and professional resource. I also learned about the value of research in my field, and how that research can help a person not only in their own self-improvement but also in the improvement of their peers and students. For these reasons I plan to attend a University at the Graduate level to increase my knowledge base and experience, so that I can be a better instructor at the collegiate level. For me being a part of a college or university community is like being a part of a family that encourages each other to increase their expertise in their chosen field. So because of this I look forward to many more years of self improvement at Collegiate and University level and helping my students to achieve similar results!

Pertrice

Being in college have open my eyes up to what the real world will be like. This is my first step from being on my own. With college I am learning how to manage my time and stress. I am responsible for getting up and go to class and for getting all my work done. I also learn that sometime you have to put friends and families aside and focus on what you need to do. So far being in college have been stressful and hard, but I am learning how to maintain it. It has been valuable to attend college because it shows that I would like to further my education and become successful in the future.