Maranatha Baptist University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Maranatha Baptist University

Bethany

Attending at Maranatha has been an amazing experience! I am a music major, so my time is always accounted for. Maranatha provides a quality education for all majors. I know students who are freshmen as well as graduates and Maranatha has prepared and equipped them for a successful life.

Rebecca

Marantha Baptist University is a school that offers an excellent education. The professors are some of the most caring people I know. All of my professors have open door policies, and will meet to help you if you are struggling. They care about your learning and want to see you succeed. Nowhere is perfect, but I appreciate the education I am receiving, and the teachers that are helping me grow as a person.

I love Maranatha! Nothing is perfect, but this is the closest thing to it. It is the best place I could ever imagine going to school. It's an amazing campus with a dedicated and kind community of students and faculty who really cares about each and every student, while giving a complete and high caliber education. It is home away from home.

Katherine

MBU is a great place to learn more about God and grow physically, mentally, and spiritually. It has a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. School spirit is great, and the people really care about each other. There are many places to hang out with friends both on and off campus. Overall, it is an amazing place, and I look forward to attending this fall.

Kathryn

I like Maranatha Baptist Bible College because it is very personal. The teachers love us all and pay attention to each one of us. They stop to talk to us about how our lives are and sometimes even invite us into their homes. I love going to a teacher's home, eating with their family and being able to spend more time getting to know my teachers personally.

Phoebe

While no campus is perfect, Maranatha provides a safe and friendly atmosphere that makes you very comfortable. Friends are easy to make, and it becomes a second family/home. Faculty and staff provide an excellent education with a Biblical worldview that prepares you for your career in the secular world. Not only that, they make time to invest in you and your future, and make it very obvious that they care about you and your future. I feel as if I am beyond blessed by the number of people investing in me! We also have a huge variety of extracurriculars to be involved in that help you enjoy your experience and teach you in non-academic ways. (As well as help you meet and grow with friends!) All around, MBU provides a Biblical education that grows, teaches, stretches, and surprises you. I look forward to my remaining years here!

Lydya

I love it! Maranatha is a place where you can go to Study and also grow your relationship with Christ. Class sizes are perfect; not too small, but big enough for great discussions. The size of the school makes it seems like everyone is family. The faculty are always around to help you.

I love it! The people are so friendly and engaging, and everyone shares a deep and profound love of Christ that is evident in every aspect of campus life. I encourage everyone who desires to grow academically and spiritually to give Maranatha their attention.

Victoria

Most professors will not respond to emails. The main focus of this school is the Bible and the Bible only. Religion is great, but when you go for a nursing degree lets say, we don't have time to spend on Bible classes and mandatory chapel and church every time the doors are open. Every week you end up with almost 20 hours of Bible, 10 hours of Bible homework, 30 hours of your major homework and then you also have to go to church. The attendance rate is going down rather quickly, it has been rumored the staff is not sure how long this school will be open for. MBU has a very VERY strict attendance policy- you are only allowed about 6 class cuts if your eligible. If you are on academic probation or anything of that shorts you have 3 or less. Final thing that made me transfer- they can revoke your diploma for up to 5 years after you graduate if they are not pleased with the way you are living-yikes! If you do want to go here, really read carefully the handbook, then make your decision.