Fond Du Lac, WI
Marian University-Fond Du Lac

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marian University-Fond Du Lac

Kylie

The class sizes are small, which makes for perfect individualized learning. There is always a resource to use. It's a good campus. The teachers are always available, even after school. Finally, they follows their values, for the most part. I would recommend it.

Kaitlin

I love Marian University. I love it due to the small class sizes and the sense of community.

That every one is rich to go here. That is most differently not true.

There are still groups just like every other school. Not that many people really talk to others if they do not know you.

The classes are different. There are some classes I do not like and some that I love.

Christina

This is the only college I have been to where my advisor actually advised me! I have attended a total of 4 colleges (online and traditionally), and my advisors did nothing to help me at my first 3 schools - hence why I attended so many. If I would have attended this school first, I would have taken a copletely different approach. If I could do it all over again, I would attend this school from the get go.

Step outside your box. Make sure you enroll in a large variety of classes; don't just stick to what is comfortable, easy, or that you think you like because chances are, you will change your mind... probably more than once. Visit multiple schools and don't settle for one that is mediocre; this will be your second home for years, so make sure it feels like it. Getting married and having kids is the best blessing you will ever get, so look forward to it, but complete school first because that freedom allows for so much more time and flexibility. Most of all, take time for yourself occasionally, cut yourself some slack when you deserve it, and remember that you will create some of your best friendships here, so have fun!

Sometimes the science teachers have pretty strict (and sometimes unreasonable) expectations of what is to be done and when, especially for research projects. It feels like they forget we have a life and other classes.

mandy

My school is flexible, and easy to navigate.

My school is flexible, and easy to navigate.

The advice I would give my self 10 years ago would be to keep going through school. Don't take a break after you have reached your first goal of AAS degree. Continue now while you are young to get your bachelors degree. Don't wait till you have a 1 annd 3 year old to continue one with your education. Know that if you put your mind to anything that good things will come.

Each class is only 7week which makes managing more classes per semester easy.

Ryan

A simple place, but with unquie qualities.

A simple place, but with unquie qualities.

Don't worry so much about what life is going to be like in college. Take the time to really look at what the school has to offer you after you leave it with a degree. College is such a short and memorable time, but you must look past the next four years and on towards the rest of your life as an adult. The fun moments will come but your education is more important.

Someone who is looking to stay in a small town, and who takes their education seriously.

Mai Kao

This university seems to be very welcoming, especially for new and transfer students, and really make a student feels like he or she is at home. The staffs, advisors, and faculties try their best to work with their students and accomodate needs as necessary. The campus itself is not too big and spread out which in turn it makes it easier to walk from one building to the next.

Every classmate appears to get along with one another. They help each other out with projects, homeworks, group studies and etc. Everyone is very kind and understanding, which makes education and the learning process a lot easier.

If I have the chance to go back and give an advice to my high school self, I would give the advice to stay positive through every obstacles I will encounter and be myself. Do not change myself and my personalities for others to like me. First year of college will be the hardest due to the campus's unfamiliarity but it’s the most compelling of all because there will be so much to explore and people to meet. No matter how far into my education, I will always need help and I should never be afraid to seek them. There will many programs and people to get assistance from and will tell myself to keep in mind that I am not alone in college. I will tell myself to join clubs and organizations which will certainly extend my comfort zone. There will be hardships and difficult obstacles to overcome but it’s because of the intensity that will prepare me for the real world. I would tell myself that I can make anything happen if I put effort, thought, passion and the drive to finish college, I can succeed in anything when I put my heart to it.

Andrea

I live my life with no regrets. This being said, I would go back and tell my future self to strive for the best and have confidence in myself. Take every challenge head on and make the most of every day. I would tell myself to focus on my studies but still leave time for fun and relaxation. I am a triple major with 22 credits, working 20 or more hours a week, and very stressed so I would definitely tell myself not to do this and not to stretch myself too thin.

If you are not ambitious about your future or willing to pay a huge amount of money for a great education, this university is not for you.

Kirsten

Conservative college with strong Catholic presence, specializing in Nursing and Education.

I would encourage my high school self to not to to college right out of high school. I tried that and did not enjoy the experience. I ended up going back to college as an adult and loved my experience overall. I was not ready to transition from a small town high school living with mom and dad to a bigger town, living on my own with all of my own responsibilities. Had I gone into the workforce first and moved out on my own first, I think I would have made a much better transition, as well as had additional money to put towards college, instead of relying on student loans.

Kathryn

As a high school senior I very committed to my schoolwork, clubs, and Church activities. Although I found my self over booked and exhausted from saying yes to project, volunteering opportunity, etc. that I was asked to do. So if I could go back I would tell myself that it is okay to turn people down sometimes and that I don't have to try and do it all.

Abby

A diverse community and excellent education that goes beyond the classroom and helps to develop the student while instilling core Catholic values and creating life-long relationships both personal and professional.

Compared to other schools I considered, Marian College offered a much more student-centered faith-based education. The small campus and classes gave me the one-on-one attention I needed. In addition, each class was rooted in the core beliefs of the Catholic principles. I also was able to be involved in a variety of groups and activities including soccer all four years.

Four years after completing my bachelors degree I am 26 years old and now entering my masters program in Occupational Therapy. If I could go back in time and give my high school self any advice it would be the importance of figuring out and discovering your career path. I am a firm believer that a person should do what they are passionate about and love! I did not reflect enough on what my major should be or what career I wanted. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself reflect on my gifts and talents and what direction I can go with them. Secondly, I would tell myself that college is expensive and to not waste it. No one told me how difficult a transition it would be to be on my own. Self-motivation was the key to success! It was a whole new world, friends, partying, drinking, and sports. Lastly, I would tell my high school self to stay true to yourself. Hold up the morals and values that you have and stay strong in your beliefs. College is a time where you will discover a lot, just don't lose yourself.

Marian University-Fond Du Lac administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.