Marietta College Top Questions

Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone who is closed minded and negetive. There are so many things that people can get involved in, someone who is not diverse or does not socialize would not fit in nicely in this campus setting.

There is absolutly no person that shouldn't attend this college. It is a wonderful school and is very open and accepting of any race, religion, and disability. The staff is alwyas willing to help student.

The type of person that needs to learn completely self dependently or who wants to be surrounded by a tens of thousands of other people they will never know. This is because Marietta is a place where you learn by listening and reacting with others around you. It is a small college with big dreams, and will be home to many future(and past) leaders.

If a student is looking for a large campus, with a lot of vegan options, and a lot of city life, they should not attend Marietta College. Campus is small, and the city is as well. It's a quaint city. If a student is opposed to that sort of environment, Marietta is not for them.

Marietta is a very small college, so if a student wants a big school atmosphere that would be one type of person who shouldn't attend. Someone who doesn't take responsibilty for their actions should not go here either. Like I said it's a small school and word travels fast about things. Kids here take school seriously so classes can be overwhelming at times, if you're not willing to work, school is going to be miserable.

Marietta College is located in a small city and is a small, liberal arts college. There are 1,500 undergraduate students, so students who wants to go to a school where their name is unknown should avoid Marietta College. The course work varies for classes and different areas of study. A Mass Media major will have a moderately-easy course load; whereas, Health Science or Biology majors will have their work cut out for them. A student who doesn't want to work hard, be active on campus, or enjoy the benefits of a small school shouldn't attend MC.

Some one who doesn't want to work for their grades. Needs big places and lots of people.

Isaiah

The type of person that should attend this college is someone who visits it, attends a class or two and enjoys their visit. That paired with an overnight stay should tell them if they should come here or not. Plus, it's kinda cold for a better half of the year. So, someone who can live in typical Ohio weather.

Mallory

Any students who do not appreciate cultural diversity, do not have a passion for learning and succeeding, do not enjoy a small-town environment, do not find enjoyment in school-sponsored activities, do not appreciate a strong academic focus, do not find value in collaborative academic efforts, do not value community involvement/service, and students who are not looking to make lasting friendships. Marietta College strongly encourages academic success, and there are various support networks to help students obtain that success. Students are expected to be successful at Marietta College, and therefore, students must have a strong drive for success.

A person who is well rounded, open minded, and wants to get involved.

A student who isn't open to change and who isn't accepting of the diversity that this campus brings. Also, someone who doesn't focus on their academics because MC puts a big focus on their students academics. Finally, someone who doesn't like it when people, mainly your advisors, check-up on you throughout the semster.