Marietta College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Marietta College

I am a commuter at Marietta College. Being a commuter is very hard because most students live on campus. If the social aspect of college is something you want definitely live on campus. Overall, the campus is nice and the class sizes are small enough that your professor knows you by name (this is a plus)! The biggest downfall is the price of tuition.

Adam

It is a very nice campus to spend time on in the evenings. The landscape and building are very picturesque and make a great place to hang out. The Masters program I am in is very nice with wonderful professors and staff. I highly recommend the Marietta if tuition isn't an issue. The town it's self is very neat as well, lots of bike trails for the warmer months and small shops around town to explore, and of course bars.

Derek

It is a very great college I am glad to be a part of the community. The activities that are on campus are both fun and inviting to all. The academics of the college serve right to the price we pay as students. The on campus living is very suitable for the price that’s stated.

Savannah

Marietta College, in my opinion, is a great private college. They offer a wide range of academics, and support each academic equally. Their cafeteria is extensive, and their housing is cozy and comfortable as well as safe. If I had to recommend a good private college, I would recommend Marietta.

Dalton

I visited several colleges before choosing Marietta College. The overall look and feel of this college is what attracted me. The campus is small as well as the average class size. I entered the engineering dual degree program. I will attend Marietta College for 3 years then transfer to West Virginia University for 2 years. Upon completion I will have a BS in Applied Physics and a BS in Engineering. I chose Marietta College over WVU to start as a freshman because I didn't want to feel lost in the really large class size as well as feeling swallowed up by a large campus that is really spread out. If your looking for a great college, with an amazing atmospere, and people who want you to succeed, Marietta College is for you!

Andrew

During my visit at Marietta, my parents and I were very impressed. The admission staff is very personable and involved with your college decision process. So are the coaches, the rowing coach was the first to greet my family once we were on campus. Other colleges I have visited no one could even find the coach. They also really value a full experience and getting the most out of your visit. I'm joining the class of 2022 and from my one visit here their thoroughness and passion made the college decision for me. Food was important to me and the dinning hall impressed me very much. Same goes for living spaces. 12/10 for Marietta!

Abbi

I love Marietta so much. This will be my second year there and I am so excited to get back to campus. Everyone is so nice and we all know each other. I play volleyball for the school and the team is so close and there is never any drama. Also, the class sizes are small and all of the professors are more than willing to meet with you and give extra help.

Samba

Transitioning from a big city like New York to Marietta was no easy task. In the "city that never sleeps," people often find themselves overwhelmed with just how immense it really is. Whether it be from its vibrant nightlife, towering buildings, or many different colored faces, the city is alive and its something that is easily felt. Travel 500 miles west and you hit this quaint little city whose known for its rich history and conservative ways. Marietta exposed me to another side of life that really made me open my eyes. The people here are very close minded, and two faced, and even though they aren't very vocal about their opinions, their actions more times than not tend to reveal their true colors. This kind of exposure is vital for human growth because it helps to set you up for the future. In New York I was comfortable with my surroundings because, from birth thats all I had ever seen. In Marietta, I left my comfort zone and saw another side of life, and although I didn't agree with it all, in some form or another I know that this kind of exposure will give me a much needed edge over my peers.

Prabhawa

Marietta College is a great college. It will teach you values that are appreciated not only in the USA but in the world. The main thing you will take away from this college are: how to be a leader, and how to unite a diverse group of people working towards a similar goal. The world is rapidly changing and despite some professors, everyone else teaches values and education that will prepare the student for the future. In the world where right and wrong is subjective, and the moral values are ever changing, you or your child will learn how to be a productive member of the society. I was a drop out but I without marietta college values I would be truly lost.

Madison

Marietta is a small school. They offer a lot of programs for incoming freshman. I also love how friendly everyone was in helping me to where I needed to go. Although town is a little further then I would like it to be, it’s still very beautiful. This campus is also on the border of Ohio and West Virginia which makes it a lot easier to visit home (WV) on holidays or weekends. Plus there is no out of state tuition, everyone pays the same price.

Eric

Marietta College is an okay school. The professors are (generally) friendly. If you have a problem, it's pretty easy to find someone to help fix it for you. There are a lot of resources for students to become involved on campus but it feels like everyone is spread too thin to be effective.