Poughkeepsie, NY
Marist College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marist College

Timothy

My classmates are kind, helpful, friendly and fun.

My classmates are kind, helpful, friendly and fun.

I have learned alot about myself and how to live on my own while managing my own time. Marist has given me control of my life, and gives me opportunities to do whatever I choose to do to make something of my life.

That I am reciving a great education and having a blast at the same time.

Kareem

When looking at my college experience and seeing how far I have come, I truly feel blessed because it has and/or will open doors as a pursue my education further. As i look back on the things i have done so far, i feel as though college has given me a beter standing as far as interpreting or comprehending select materials. I also have been able to network with many people to further see the career path i am looking to move towards. One of the main reasons I feel college has been very valuable to attend, is due to the fact that college not only keeps your mind functioning in a learning aspect, but it also helps you gain other knowledge of things you will learn further along in life such as the career that is choosen or maybe even daily life experiences. College has and is changing my life for the better, with out I would no have aken the leaps that i did, if it were not for the people around me to support as well as push me to do better.

The best thing that Marist College provides, is the resources it has to offer, such as the tutors and teachers availabilty to the students. This is because, they are of great assistance when it comes to students needs. As a people they make it an easier learning experience by further explaining things that I as a student may not understand. As well as making time for the students, by providing a time for a one on one basis, where the sudent and teacher or tutor can soley focus together on an area of difficulty.

When deciding the most frustrating thing about this school, i beleive it would be the limited time or comprehension of some subjects. The class room envioment is ideal and best fit for students like myself. Yet with the limited time one may have such comprensions for a class may nt be interpreted to the best of their written ability because they arent explained, nor looked at in a further depth of explaation.

June

Marist was a small school that prepared me well for my time at UMass Amherst. However I did not feel that I could go far enough with my major in Biology. Marist allowed me to select two minors (Business and Environmental Science). With my background in a broad range of sciences and in business, I was well prepared to enter UMass as a student in the field of water resource management. I am truly excited to be on this journey to make myself a more rounded and ecologically minded individual!

I would always make sure to check the strengths and weaknesses of each program. Business and biology were big programs at Marist, but there was not bachelor's degree offered in physics.

The campus is absolutely beautiful! As a biology student, the location of the Hudson River and its local watersheds provided numerous learning opportunities.

Chelsea

When I first entered Marist College my freshman year in 2009 everything in my life changed. I now had to find a way to live in two different worlds at the same time: my home and my "home away from home". It was probably the scariest step that I've taken. I remember crying for weeks straight thinking I would never make it, I would find no friends, and the work would just be too much for me to handle. Not too long after, I found myself sitting in class and understanding. I was learning more than I ever had before and most of all I was enjoying it. I found myself opening up and putting my fear aside and before long I attained a wonderful group of friends who supports me as much as those from home. In less than one year I had learned the most important lesson of my life. From Marist I took the idea that anyone truly can do what they put their mind to and you'll never be alone. Moreover, I know that my education is the one thing that nobody can ever take away from me, it's with me forever. '

Any person who is willing to work hard and to become part of a community should attend this school. If one is willing to become involved in more ways than just going to class and filling a seat, such as community service, then they would do well at Marist.

Gene

I included Marist in my search because it had a journalism program, and that's about it ... When I first visited here, it felt very cold and aloof. There wasn't the prototypical "college-town," only strip malls that set the backdrop for elaborate shells of chrome and glass. http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

Every year I returned, I noticed the situation of its gay and lesbian students slightly improved. Sadly, a similar statement could not be made for its community of non-theists. http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

What really bothered me though was the religiosity of the college. I had successfully managed to avoid indoctrination for the first 18 years of my life. So, why spring for the chance to be condemned for the way nature made me? http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

We did not earn the moniker of "Mattress College" from the Poughkeepsie locals for our neatly-made beds. http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

Even when I felt betrayed, I remember there were staff here - particularly Colin, Gerry and Patricia - that fought for me and helped me feel like a member of an entity bigger than myself - which is what I truly wanted out of these last four years. http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

Needless to say, there has been a palpable amount of friction between myself and our "Catholic-tradition," and not my favorite kind ;]. I can say though that while Marist may not be a "gay-friendly" college, it's at least a "gay-tolerant" environment - as evidenced by my involvement with LGSA, "The Laramie Project," and "Angels in America." http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

Watch the "Jersey Shore" on MTV, followed up with a "NYC Prep" marathon, tempered a "Bridezillas" special with an animated Disney film blended in. http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

Kristin

I don't think I would have advised myself any differently. I have worked really hard to get my associates and bachelors. I suppose I would have researched scholarships due to my financial need. It has been a struggle to live on my own while paying for school and now financial aid is unavailable to me.

Anyone interested in a good education in business, communications or design should attend this school.

I have only found the cost of books and equipment to be frustrating.

Catherine

My classmates are intelligent intellectuals who challenge ideas and think boldy.

First off, trust your instincts. When you visit the school that is right for you , you'll know it. The decision is scary, but it's totally worth it. When making the choice of which college to attend, think about your values and morals. Think about what you really want, and what you need to get back from the school you attend. Also think about what you can give back to that school in return. Make this decision for you. Do not make it based on where your parents want you to go, or where your friends are going to school. This decision is about what is right for you.

Someone who is energetic and intrigued with what a higher education can offer them and is not afraid of a little work should attend Marist College.

Marist college is a well rounded four year college that incorporates learning, experience, and the ability to succeed in your major with the help of all your professors.

Family: Mom, Dad, Christie, Paige. Growing up I have had great relationships with my parents and sisters. Every summer my family and I would go up to our boat on the St. Lawrence river. Sometimes it was challenging because as I became older I had a push and pull of wanting to be with my friends more, and my family less. I would complain and give them a hard time. This only resulted in a weekend where my parents struggled to not scream at me; as I look back I deserved that. The biggest thing that I learned coming into college was the value of family. By senior year I was always gone, and it didn't bother me because I knew they were there. I would still wake up and see them, answering their "dumb" questions. But the morning I woke up in my dorm room, my family wasn't there. And I realized my most memorable relationships were with them. The annoying questions I normally dreaded would have sounded like music to me that morning. If I could tell myself one thing it would be: treasure every moment with your family because they are the ones who matter.

That it is beautiful and clean. The school does a magnificant job with keeping up with the landscaping and not to mention the beautiful view of the hudson river.

Yasin

Marist College is a fun and easy-going environment but you do have to work hard if you want to achieve good grades.

Marist College is best known for there Communications and Business Management degree program.

I would first tell myself to take more AP classes in high school. You don't realize this but AP classes really do help and give you a grasp of how a college class runs. Also, if you pass the placement test you get those credits so you can focus more on your major. I would also tell myself to stay at school as much as you can to really make lasting friendships, get involved in your school, and get the most of of your four years of college because they go by extremely fast!

Keon

My classmates are very nice, loving, friendly and willing to help others.

My classmates are very nice, loving, friendly and willing to help others.

My school is best known for its outstanding education system and ability to help students like me get to have a good career. It is also known for the good programs it provides and its good resume among other colleges.

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself asa high school senior here is what I would say. First I would tell myself that college life is not easy as high school life and to prepare myself more by studying harder, reading more, asking for help, appyling for more scholarships, getting better grades, etc. I would also tell myself to search more for colleges that provide financial help for me so I can get a better education. I would advice myself to become more mature emotionallly and physically so I will be more prepared and ready for school. Another thing I would do is make myself more confident so I will feel less insecure about myself and my abilities. Finally, the last part of advice I would give myself is to keep my head up and to choose the right major of my choice so I can follow my dreams and never settle for less and give up.

Marist College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.