Poughkeepsie, NY
Marist College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marist College

Jewell

My school is best known for it breath-taking campus.

My school is best known for it breath-taking campus.

My school has a lot of different majors and minors to choose from. Therer is something for everyone

I would advise my high school that college is all about time management and allowing yourself to be open to new types of people and activities

Marist College is a place of wonder in the heart of Poughkeepsie.

Marist College is a place of wonder in the heart of Poughkeepsie.

I would tell myself to not stress so much about what people think. I spent so much time trying to please my parents, my friends from high school, and my new friends in college. I would tell myself to be open and friendly. Do not worry what people say about you because their words are useless. I would tell myself to re-consider playing a college sport. I would summarize my advice in a simple phrase: be confident, be strong, be yourself.

I brag about how beautiful my school is. Despite it's small size, it's one of the most gorgeous campus' I've ever seen.

marist is known for being academically focused. there is a small focus on sports with the womens basketball team.

Don't worry so much. You will make an easy transition, because you chose a school that represents you and your goals in life. you will be able to fit in because people will see who you are and recognize the positive traits about you. Marist is a good school that will do its best to make sure you are a comfortable freshman. you will realize that dorm life is more comfortable than not, once you get over sharing a bathroom with your entire floor. you will enjoy the hustle and bustle of people moving around you, and won't be annoyed by the noise because it will comfort you to know that you are a part of the college life that you always wanted.

this school mostly has upper middle class white students from the tristate area. people here are focused and driven but are used to getting things their way.

Tiffany

College isn't as difficult as high school, in fact, it is much easier because you have more time and freedom to do the work without feeling too pressured. As long as you stay focused and do the work, then you will have no problems getting satisfactory grades. You have to remember that you are no longer in high school and the professors won't make you do the work if you are late. As an adult, you have your own responsibilities to get things done and hand it in on time. The professor is there to help you with anything you need, but you have to get to class by yourself and do the work when it is due. You must also remember that you are not alone, every other person on campus is new to the school or was new, they don't know any one and is experiencing the same things. Make friends so you can get through it together.

I don't think it is very hard. The material is easy and doesn't really make you think about it. I feel that it doesn't push me as much.

Erik

It is a great place for higher education, but also a great place to experience everything that college has to offer.

For the most part, they are hard working science lovers!

The biggest advice that I would give myself is to simply not be afraid. I would tell myself to be outgoing because everyone going away to college is feeling the same feelings, nervous, excited, anxious. The first few weeks is where you will probably make friends that are going to last a lifetime. So don't be afraid; be outgoing, go for it!

Veronica

It is a liberal arts school. Many people come here for the Law Program.

It is a liberal arts school. Many people come here for the Law Program.

I'd go back and say that I'm on the right path. I have made wise choices so far, and I don't want to change anything. I have made awesome friends, with a healthy lifestyle that is drug and alcohol free. I would tell myself to keep up the good job of not giving in to peer pressure. Everyone is alright with it.

I don't see many bad things about the school. Everyone is always trying to make Marist better. If anything, for me, it would be that there isn't a building for the Music Department. We don't have enough room to practice, and we needbetter areas to work in, than the basement that we are in right now.

Alex

I would tell myself to relax, you made the best decision of your life! You just need to be confident when getting to school and don't worry about making friends; they will come to you. Also I would say to keep studying like you did in High School and you will be just fine and even stay on the Dean's List!

The most frusterating thing about Marist is the whole idea about priority points: you need to get the most points (out of 36) based off of diciplinary reasons, room conditions, grades and campus involvement. The priority points decide your housing, so you need to basically join a lot of clubs to get points, which is stressful with the hard work for class and for work-study.

torre

marist college is a small and friendly school.

marist college is a small and friendly school.

Do not be scared. Don't hold yourself back from doing what you like in fear of failure. You can handle a big school and the work load. save your money and be prepared to enjoy yourself. Take time to think about what you are interested in because there are certainly going to be opportunities to get involved.

someone who is sued to large cities or schools

Patryk

My classmate is always there, when I miss a day and need to make up notes.

My classmate is always there, when I miss a day and need to make up notes.

Well I am transferring to Marist College its fall. I have learned more, made more friends, found the girl of my dreams all at a place I had not attended. This school is the school to be. There are always social events going on, always a place to go, and always something to do at any given time. Plus everyone is friendly here, and you make friends like its nothing; no awkwardness. I'm telling anyone who's reading this Marist College is the place to go. I regret not attending it from the start; missed out 2 years.

Make the college choice, a choice that fits your needs as a student and how comfortable you feel there.

If you are willing to put yourself out there, talk to professors, and become involved in the many available clubs than Marist will give back to you, but you can't expect the school to do work for you and even if you do most of the work yourself, sometimes you still have to push the school into doing its job.

Students should first research colleges that suit what they like to do best and what will lend itself to a career, not what will make them the most money. After researching and narrowing the search down, visit those schools as sometimes the look and feel of a campus can make you want to stay forever or get back to the car as soon as you can. When you visit them, try to see if you can talk to professors and not just be led along a tour, although the tours are very helpful. Think about location, your intended major, and possible hobbies you want to continue to nourish at school when deciding and apply to at least two schools within your price range and that you can reasonably be accepted to. Once you are at your school do not be afraid to put yourself out there to meet new people, befriend professors, and work at being the best you can be, don't rely on anyone else but know there are people to help you along.

Basically someone who thinks paying a fair sum of money automatically equals a good education because here you need to earn your degree.

Marist College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.