Marist College

« See more reviews of Marist College

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

Before I came to Marist, I was told that the student body consisted of Italian kids from Long Island. That stereotype is completely untrue. Marist's student population is extremely diverse, and the admissions crew is constantly seeking to further the diversity here on campus.

Most people think that Marist isn't diverse in it's student body and that "everyone looks the same." There is also the Marist College stereotype that the students are "preppy, Catholic, rich kids from New England.'

Watch the "Jersey Shore" on MTV, followed up with a "NYC Prep" marathon, tempered a "Bridezillas" special with an animated Disney film blended in. http://quidprojoes.blogspot.com/2009/12/happenstances.html

The biggest stereotype about Marist students is that everyone is the same. Some people say there is little diversity throughout Marist and that each student comes from the same background.

Marist students are said to be white, catholic, preppy and rich. The girls are said to tan too much, wear their Northface fleeces and Ugg Boots and whine when they don't get their way.

I think the general consensus about what the Marist stereotype is would have to be that everyone is really preppy. That we are just a bunch of polo wearing, canvas bag toting preps.

Some popular stereotypes include everyone being white, rich, snobby and guidos/guidettes but that isn't true at all. Marist is getting more diverse and no, not everyone is rich.

A common stereotype about Marist students is that we are all upper class, preppy, white, east coast, Catholic kids.

I learned about "Mattress College" in my PR Class; Marist is a bubble; and I can't think of any others right now.

I've heard some stereotypes that Marist students are boring because Marist itself is in Poughkeepsie...