Marist College

« See more reviews of Marist College

Don't settle, make sure a school has everything you are looking for.. If you don't know what you are looking for try to talk to as many people as possible, and visit as many schools as possible to gauge what you're looking for.

Make sure you visit the college more than once and do a background check of diversity, where most of the students come from, and where they go in life- see if this matches with what you are looking for in a school and in life.

My advice would be to start looking at colleges early and seriously consider financial aid. College ends up to be more expensive than you expect because you have to factor in dorm items, supplies, books, travel costs, etc.

I have learned alot about myself and how to live on my own while managing my own time. Marist has given me control of my life, and gives me opportunities to do whatever I choose to do to make something of my life.

i would advise parents to let their children choose by telling them to go with their first instinct on the school they want and to have as much fun as possible while still being responsible.

Go to a state college if you can to save money, or start at a community college. Dont waste time partying, keep your grades up and get the best experience for your money

Visit the school before you accept their offer. See if you could be friends with these students. Once you are there, be yourself so that you find your true friends.

When deciding on a college GO THERE. Visit early and often. Let the potential student spend 3 or 4 days there and see what life is really like at that college.

I would advise my high school that college is all about time management and allowing yourself to be open to new types of people and activities

Do not choose a school based only on academic reputation but focus on a strong program for your major area of interest or study.