Milwaukee, WI
Marquette University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marquette University

Kelli

Marquette students are somewhat diverse primarly Midwesterns, many from Chicago area who are serious students with a strong desire to successed at school and in their careers.

I wish I would of known more about the campus dorms and I would of made a better decision on where to live my freshman year.

Advice to myself as a high school senior. Tour all the dorms and see which rooms are the biggest. I made the mistake of making the party dorm my first choice and I think it took me longer to meet people because I was not that big of a partyer. I would tell myself to make time to go home at least once per semester. I am going to school out of state and between school and traveling with the team the spring semester can be a long time without going home.

Diego

I actually was thinking about going out of state first to Syracuse in New York. But then I realized why would I want to go out of state when I have such an incredible school right here in my own city. I felt that I fit right in when I took a tour of the university. I like it that it's not an isolated university. You get the whole university experience, along with the big city experience. And just the fact that it's here in my home city makes it a lot better.

I would tell myself to prioritize myself. I have learned that your true friends are the ones who want you to succeed just as bad as you want yourself to succeed, so they should understand when you have to pass up on hanging out with them for studying for that test you have at the end of the week. Prioritizing yourself is such an important aspect when it comes to college. You have so much time to hang out with your friends, but you have a limited amount of time to make sure you do what you have to do in college. The only person who will experience first-hand the outcomes of your decisions is you, so you have to be sure that you are happy with the choices that you make. So if your friends cannot understand that you have to put your own work before anything else, then maybe it's time to reevaluate your friendship with them. After putting forth all that effort throughout middle school and high school, why throw it all away while you're in college.

A person who is not determined to succeed in their life at whatever it is they aspire to do should not come to Marquette University. Marquette, being a well respected university, offers numerous opportunities to its graduates. People who are looking to hire graduate students to work for them would be impressed when they see that someone received a degree from Marquette University. So someone who wouldn't capitalize on that type of opportunity should not come to Marquette, because there are thousands of other students who would be more than happy to receive that opportunity.

Hard- workers, engaged in class and willing to participate.

Hard- workers, engaged in class and willing to participate.

I would tell myself to relax. To live up every moment because college is going to go by a lot faster than you think. Study hard. Be smart...you only live once so don't waste it by doing something stupid. Believe in yourself...if you want something you can do it and you will....never doubt yourself. Put yourself out there and follow your heart. Remember the people who got you where you are today. They are the same people that will be there for you in three years. Enjoy every day, every hour, every second. Even when you are exhausted and tired from studying for so many hours. Believe it or not...these are going to be the best days of your life.

School rooted in leadership and service, your classes even refelct these ideals.

Tomas

First, I would tell myself to get to know my teachers right away. It took me untill second semester to understand the importance of doing this. As far as transitioning, I would tell myself to start writing in my planner more often (something I never did in high school) because its impossible to rememeber the workload from all of your classes. Additionally, I would tell myself to try to be more social during the first couple of weeks, I definitely struggled with making friends. Lastly, I would remind myself to enjoy every minute of the experience because it really does fly by. These last few months have flew by and at times I catch myself wanting summer, however, this is suppose to be the best four years of my life. Although I have only been in school for a semester, I can already tell these four years will be gone before a blink of an eye. So most importantly I would tell myself live in the moment, make mistakes, but most importantly have fun.

Make sure to build up your study skills and understand that teachers are a great resource. Dont fall too behind on work and dont be afraid to ask questions during lecture. Get to know your teachers on a personal basis and visit them during office hours, that what theyre there for.

Erin

Before I came to this school, I wish I knew not only how challenging, but also how amazing transferring to a four year university would be. After attending community college for two years, I was ready to move on. However, transferring is a difficult task socially, academically, and financially. However, I do not regret any of it; I am very happy where I am today. I wish that I was able to tell myself how fortunate and lucky I was going to be after settling in to a new city and school.

The best thing about Marquette University is the opportunity to become involved with service and volunteering. Just last Sunday, I, along with many other volunteers, helped Catholic Relief Services package over 25,000 meals to be sent to Africa in the next few months. There is no other school with this type of integrity and passion for helping not just those in our surrounding community, but also those all over the world. One day I hope to help millions of people at a large scale; Marquette is the perfect place to jump start my dream.

Paige

I would tell myself that college will be the most difficult, but most rewarding aspect of your life. The work that will go into applications for schools, scholarships, loans, and grants will be a crucial decision-maker of where you attend college. I would also tell myself that Marquette University will be the best experience, regarding the material you will learn, and the people who will enter your life, changing and helping you grow every day. I would say to never be afraid to do what makes you happy. Do not settle for anyone throughout your life, especially for your educational life. Also, try new things. College will be a time for you to grow into the adult that loves journalism and has a passion for writing that will only evolve throughout your years at college. Be brave, be strong, be creative, and be yourself.

The one thing that I brag most about when I talk about Marquette University to my friends would be the magnitute of opportunities offered to students. Faculty and administrators are very mindful of what students need for the future, and help them succeed. Students become very skillful in their major/minor and this can be easily seen by any future employer.

A person who should not attend Marquette University is someone that does not handle multiple responbilites at the same time very well. This university offers students many outlets to succeed, but in order to make the most of it, students must work very hard. To be a well-rounded student, school work is a priority, and having experience outside of the classroom is equally important. Being involved in clubs/ organizations that assist in your skills will benefit students significantly.

Paige

"Cura Personalis", care for the entire person. Excellence, Faith, Leadership, and Service. Marquette is best known for the University's strive to make each student a well rounded individual who will make a difference in the world and benefit the entire human community. Marquette Univeristy emphasizes students' pursuit of excellence through their education, and this excellence is demonstrated through professors and teachers who truly care. A strong Christian faith is held at Marquette, yet this faith is inclusive to all individuals. Marquette ultimately provides education that builds leaders, teachers, and professionals, who dedicate their lives to the service of others.

Be open to new experiences and new people. Oppurtunities are endless, but they won't come knocking on your door. The people who attend Marquette are very diverse so be sure to get to know as many people as you can. While school work is a major focus, don't get too wrapped up that you forget you are in a great city with so many activities and sights to see! Use your time to the best of your ability, use a planner to know what needs to be done and when to do it.

Have faith. Believe in yourself, and do what will make you happy! College is about YOU, it will ultimatley determine your future, but don't let that scare you, just be wise in the choices you make. You know yourself best, so don't let anyone talk you out of your dreams. Follow your heart; people may say they don't think your making the best decisions, but people will always want to disagree with you, so stand up for yourself. It is better to make a few mistakes and learn from your falls then to regret each day for something you let someone else talk you out of. Mistakes are part of life and they make us who we are, or show us who we aren't, but at least mistakes won't allow you to wonder what you could have been. So never give up, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going", hardwork will always pay off. Keep your head up, college is a big change. Change is different, change is new, but don't allow the differences to consume you, eventually those foreign places will feel like home. Work hard, stay strong, be happy!

Morgan

My classmates are a group of hard-working people that have as much fun inside the classroom as they do outside of it.

Marquette is a great place for ambitious and energetic people. You don't have to come here having everything figured out; there are so many incredible opportunities available that will help you figure out who you are and what you want to do with your life. As long as you are enthusiastic and willing to try new things, you will have no problem being successful at Marquette. Members of the Marquette community truly just want to help one and other and we love watching each other reach our potentials.

Erin

Marquette University if unique compared to other schools that I considered because they have a unique standards for core curriculum. At Marquette, students are required to take Philosophy, English, Theology and History classes, because the university belives that it will help students to become well-rounded learners, and will eventually help them to be well-rounded professionals. Continually, Marquette University is unique compared to other universities because they offer a biomedical sciences major, which focuses specifically on preparing students to enter health-related professions and proessional schools.

I consider the worst thing about Marquette University to be the lack of commonality between campus advisors. I have found this to be an issue when trying to plan a class schedule for my four years at the university because I am pursuing a double-major, and am also in the honors program. This has been difficult because the curriculum for both of the majors and the honors program do not line up very well, and all of the advisors have their own opinions about the curriculum path I should take, instead of trying ot make it all work together.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior, the first thing that I would tell myself to do is to relax. In high school, and into the fall semester freshman year, I put a lot of pressure on myself to pursue perfection in my classes. While I don't regret this because it helped me to achieve goals that I had set for myself, it created a more difficult transition to the freshman year of college. Upon arriving on campus, it was difficult for me to adjust and learn how to study for classes at the college level. In high school a lot of my classes were easy, and in retrospect, required little effort, and when I arrived at campus, I thought that classes would be easy for me once again. However, I soon learned that before I could learn the material necessary to succeed in class, I needed to learn how to study. If in high school I had been more relaxed about my grades and pursued perfection less, the transition to college would have been easier, because upon arriving on campus, I would have placed less pressure on myself.

I love my college experience so far and I don't believe there is anything that I could have known or prepared for that could make it any better.

There is a clear lack of diversity on my college campus. I am African American and we only make up about 4% of my college's campus with smaller percentages for other minorities. However, I do not feel unwelcome or discriminated against. It is just something I noticed that should be addressed.

Marquette University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.