Milwaukee, WI
Marquette University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marquette University

Paige

I would tell myself that college will be the most difficult, but most rewarding aspect of your life. The work that will go into applications for schools, scholarships, loans, and grants will be a crucial decision-maker of where you attend college. I would also tell myself that Marquette University will be the best experience, regarding the material you will learn, and the people who will enter your life, changing and helping you grow every day. I would say to never be afraid to do what makes you happy. Do not settle for anyone throughout your life, especially for your educational life. Also, try new things. College will be a time for you to grow into the adult that loves journalism and has a passion for writing that will only evolve throughout your years at college. Be brave, be strong, be creative, and be yourself.

The one thing that I brag most about when I talk about Marquette University to my friends would be the magnitute of opportunities offered to students. Faculty and administrators are very mindful of what students need for the future, and help them succeed. Students become very skillful in their major/minor and this can be easily seen by any future employer.

A person who should not attend Marquette University is someone that does not handle multiple responbilites at the same time very well. This university offers students many outlets to succeed, but in order to make the most of it, students must work very hard. To be a well-rounded student, school work is a priority, and having experience outside of the classroom is equally important. Being involved in clubs/ organizations that assist in your skills will benefit students significantly.

Paige

"Cura Personalis", care for the entire person. Excellence, Faith, Leadership, and Service. Marquette is best known for the University's strive to make each student a well rounded individual who will make a difference in the world and benefit the entire human community. Marquette Univeristy emphasizes students' pursuit of excellence through their education, and this excellence is demonstrated through professors and teachers who truly care. A strong Christian faith is held at Marquette, yet this faith is inclusive to all individuals. Marquette ultimately provides education that builds leaders, teachers, and professionals, who dedicate their lives to the service of others.

Be open to new experiences and new people. Oppurtunities are endless, but they won't come knocking on your door. The people who attend Marquette are very diverse so be sure to get to know as many people as you can. While school work is a major focus, don't get too wrapped up that you forget you are in a great city with so many activities and sights to see! Use your time to the best of your ability, use a planner to know what needs to be done and when to do it.

Have faith. Believe in yourself, and do what will make you happy! College is about YOU, it will ultimatley determine your future, but don't let that scare you, just be wise in the choices you make. You know yourself best, so don't let anyone talk you out of your dreams. Follow your heart; people may say they don't think your making the best decisions, but people will always want to disagree with you, so stand up for yourself. It is better to make a few mistakes and learn from your falls then to regret each day for something you let someone else talk you out of. Mistakes are part of life and they make us who we are, or show us who we aren't, but at least mistakes won't allow you to wonder what you could have been. So never give up, "when the going gets tough, the tough get going", hardwork will always pay off. Keep your head up, college is a big change. Change is different, change is new, but don't allow the differences to consume you, eventually those foreign places will feel like home. Work hard, stay strong, be happy!

Morgan

My classmates are a group of hard-working people that have as much fun inside the classroom as they do outside of it.

Marquette is a great place for ambitious and energetic people. You don't have to come here having everything figured out; there are so many incredible opportunities available that will help you figure out who you are and what you want to do with your life. As long as you are enthusiastic and willing to try new things, you will have no problem being successful at Marquette. Members of the Marquette community truly just want to help one and other and we love watching each other reach our potentials.

Erin

Marquette University if unique compared to other schools that I considered because they have a unique standards for core curriculum. At Marquette, students are required to take Philosophy, English, Theology and History classes, because the university belives that it will help students to become well-rounded learners, and will eventually help them to be well-rounded professionals. Continually, Marquette University is unique compared to other universities because they offer a biomedical sciences major, which focuses specifically on preparing students to enter health-related professions and proessional schools.

I consider the worst thing about Marquette University to be the lack of commonality between campus advisors. I have found this to be an issue when trying to plan a class schedule for my four years at the university because I am pursuing a double-major, and am also in the honors program. This has been difficult because the curriculum for both of the majors and the honors program do not line up very well, and all of the advisors have their own opinions about the curriculum path I should take, instead of trying ot make it all work together.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice as a high school senior, the first thing that I would tell myself to do is to relax. In high school, and into the fall semester freshman year, I put a lot of pressure on myself to pursue perfection in my classes. While I don't regret this because it helped me to achieve goals that I had set for myself, it created a more difficult transition to the freshman year of college. Upon arriving on campus, it was difficult for me to adjust and learn how to study for classes at the college level. In high school a lot of my classes were easy, and in retrospect, required little effort, and when I arrived at campus, I thought that classes would be easy for me once again. However, I soon learned that before I could learn the material necessary to succeed in class, I needed to learn how to study. If in high school I had been more relaxed about my grades and pursued perfection less, the transition to college would have been easier, because upon arriving on campus, I would have placed less pressure on myself.

I love my college experience so far and I don't believe there is anything that I could have known or prepared for that could make it any better.

There is a clear lack of diversity on my college campus. I am African American and we only make up about 4% of my college's campus with smaller percentages for other minorities. However, I do not feel unwelcome or discriminated against. It is just something I noticed that should be addressed.

Andrea

If I could go back in time and give advice to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to be more open-minded. It was so easy to get caught up in my own life and limit myself to my small group of friends. There were so many wonderful people in my High School that I didn't take the time to get to know because I had a presumption of who they were. College has taught me that people are hardly every who you expect them to be, and often times you learn the most from the people you would least expect. I am taking my years in college trying to get know as many people as possible; something I wish I could have told my High School self to do.

The best thing about Marquette is our pride. Our school beams with pride for our sports, clubs, students, staff, and alumni. It is so wonderful to be a part of a community that wants you to succeed and will help you in all ways possible.

I wish I had known that Marquette University is very close to an unsafe neighborhood. There are many robberies near campus. I wish I had been aware about the safety issues regarding this area. Although I have never had a bad experience, it would have been nice to know how serious this issue can be before coming to school.

Paola

The person that should attend Marquette University is the kind of person who wants to belong to a really tight community, has a passion to contribute to society and like to give back. At Marquette University we are taught that in life whatever we do, we must be ethical. In other words, you must be compromised with respecting life, work and each person as their own.

Sometimes I feel bad about the fact that we can't have opposite-sex persons stay with us in our dorm room. I think it's kind of sexist and judgeful separating men and women. It's judgeful because the fact that I have a friend who's a boy staying over does not neccesarly mean we are going to engage in sexual acts. Separating men and women also promotes more sexism to occur.

Dear Paola from 2014, I'm you from the future. It's 2015 and you are in college. I'm writing because I feel like there are some things you should know that are going to make your life ten times easier this senior year of high school. So here it is: 1- Don't stress yourself too much about school. Everything has a time and eventually everything falls into place. I stressed myself out too much senior year with college applications, school and extra-curriculars. I wish I spent more time taking-in that I was going to graduate. Enjoy this time with your friends. 2- Spend more time with your classmates. Get to know them better. You will have fonder memories of them. 3- Spend more time with your family and appreciate everything they are doing for you. 4- Don't take anything for granted. You don't know where life is going to take you. 5- Lastly, EVERYTHING is about to change. New faces, new places and new adventures are going to take place but everything is worth the change. You'll mature and see the world from a different perspective. Good luck, Paola from 2015

Courtney

I would tell myself not to be afriad. I would tell myself to go out, talk to that boy, and sit down and eat lunch with that girl that you have a class with. College is all about the experiences you have and the people you meet. It's a way to network and make friends with some of the most unique people you'll ever meet. The experiences that you have and the people that you meet will change your life forever. It's also okay to get a little homesick. You'll miss mom, and her homemade cooking, and how your older brother used to pick on you, but you'll be so distracted that you won't even notice the slight pain in your heart from missing them. Take every opportunity that you possibly can. Don't lose out on an experience because you were worried about getting the good grade. Grades come with the work that you know you will put in. The last piece of advice I would give myself is to be true to yourself. There are 10,000 undergraduates, don't change fof one person. No one will ever be worth that.

I wish I would have known that the people you meet in college will quickly become your best friends. I rarely talk to my friends from high school anymore, and the people that I've met at college have already done so much for me. I would have liked to know that the fights and everything that happened during high school don't really matter in the long run.

Carly

My classmates unite to make a community of determined, forward-thinking individuals who want to better themselves and their community through everything that they do.

I would tell my high school self to give absolutely everyone that you come in contact with a chance. There are no second rate people. Everyone deserves to be treated equally and loved unconditionally. When you start college there are tons of people everywhere that you have never seen or talked to before in your life and it is so easy to fall into the trap of prejudging everyone but there is no time in your life that you will need friends more than you do starting college. Do not be afraid to talk to people that are different than those you talked to in high school and don't worry if you don't "click" right away with those you talk to. It may seem like everyone one is making friends right away but everyone is just searching like you are so keep talking to people until you find your fit.

I believe that the central goal and motto of my school, Be The Difference, is the best thing about Marquette. This statement unites the students, teachers, administrators and all others involved to always do what they can personally do to elicit change in the world. All of my professors strive to connect with the students on a personal level which creates an atmosphere where they can help us to reach our goals. Clubs, sports teams, and groups of all kinds have this motto as their base and this united front is what I truly value most about my school.

Katherine

We make a difference in the life of everyday people.

We make a difference in the life of everyday people.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to calm down and stop worrying. I would tell myself that there are 8,000 students at Marquette, and I bet all 8,000 of them have the same fears as me. I would remind myself to just be who I am, and find friends that will accept me for me. I would also tell myself to enjoy my senior year because it is one of the best years, and if I continue to stress out, I'll miss out.

Before coming to Marquette, I wish I knew how friendly and welcoming everyone was because that would have saved me a ton of anxiety. I thought that everyone would be cliquey and upperclassmen would feel superior to us freshies, but I experienced the opposite. I realized that everyone had the same fears as me, we all wanted to fit in and make friends. The upperclassmen helped us overcome freshman worries and acted as our mentors. I want incoming freshman to know that MU is not a scary place, and I will be one of those upperclassmen to help guide you.

Marquette University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.