Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

I don't know exactly what my school is best known for. However, I know exactly why I love it. I don't enjoy classrooms that have a large capacity of students, and I never have to worry about that. Unlike students at larger, more prestigious colleges, I have the opportunity to have one on one personal relationships with my instructors. Aside from the smaller classes, the staff and advisors all throughout the campus are very helpful. There are endless reasons why I love my school, but I can only say so much with a one hundred word limit.

I think Marquette is well known for producing hard working and intelligent leaders who genuinely try to do the right thing. Last year, there was much attention made of the fact that the Milwaukee mayor was beaten at the State Fair when he tried to intervene in a domestic violence situation. It is not surprising that the mayor was a Marquette graduate, since many mayors, governors and legislators from the state are, but it is also not surprising that a Marquette graduate would not stand by when an injustice was taking place.

Marquette University is known for providing a quality, challenging education with its roots in faith. Marquette seeks to give its students the type of education that prepares them for not only academic challenges that lie ahead, but also social and workplace challenges. Their basis in faith may seem intimidating to those who do not identify themselves as Catholic, or even religious, but Marquette provides an accepting and supportive community for students from all backgrounds and faiths.

Marquette is best known for its prestige as a private university. It provides students with an excellent liberal arts education and pre-professional programs that prepare students not only for future careers, but for life. Aside from outstanding academics, Marquette is well-known for its athletics. NBA Miami Heats player Dwayne Wade was once a golden eagle at Marquette. At Marquette, everyone has strong school spirit. As our motto goes, WE ARE MARQUETTE! :)

I think Marquette is best known for its family legacies and traditions - besides basketball, that is! It seems that the vast majority of students you ask here will say that one of their parents attended Marquette also. I also think that Marquette is known for preparing students for high-paying professional careers like lawyers, dentists, engineers, business executives, and that the network of alumni help those graduates get connected in the outside world.

Marquette University is best known for the well-rounded education that it offers its students. All students are required to take a number of different classes outside of their major, such as Theology, Literature, History, English, Philosophy, and many other foundational classes. Marquette believes that it is very important for their students to leave with a solid foundation of knowledge on multiple subjects, not just their respective majors.

Marquette University is known for a good Jesuit Education, focusing on academics, faith and service. Academically Marquette is known for its Theology and Philosophy graduate programs. It also has a great Medical field program from pre-med to nursing to physical therapy. The Business School is also very accredited program. Besides academics, Marquette is known for its Men's Basketball team.

Marquette University is best known for it's strong emphasis on the Ignatian teachings and Jesuit principles. Students are encouraged to become involved in their community while exploring their faith and working to be Men and Women for Others. Many students uphold these teachings by volunteering in the community through various service organizations and by volunteering on their own.

Marquette is known for being a university with smart kids who work hard at obtaining a good education, but at the same time are not afraid to party or have a good time. Marquette's current students and alumni are well known for overflowing with school spirit. Being Jesuit, Marquette's goal is to educate help it's students become well-rounded individuals.

I believe Marquette is best known for offering their students not only excellent education opportunities but also opportunities for students to grow as individuals. This is done through Marquette's Jesuit identity, their Milwaukee city roots, study abroad opportunities, professors/faculty who genuinely care about their students, among several others.