Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

One of my favorite traditions on campus is Marquette Madness, which is an event for the whole school/student season ticket holders. All of the NBA players will come back and you get introduced to the "team" although the majority of them are returning students. There is music, and some fun competitive contests for free swag. Great time!

My school is best known for its history as a jesuit institution. It was founded way back in 1881, and was the first catholic university to have a coed program. It is also known for its emphasis on community service. Its basketball team is pretty good, with some famous NBA players (such as Jimmy Butler and Dwayne Wade) as alumni.

Marquette is best known for well rounded individuals who are aware of the world around them. Marquette students are known for their service work in the community as well as around the world. Not to mention, the academics at the school have a prestigious reputation. It is also well known for our awesome basketball team!

Marquette University is best known for it's traditional Jesuit education as well as it's location in Milwaukee, WI. Some programs that are especially popular and strong academically include the dentistry school, law school, and direct admit physical therapy program.

Nationally, Marquette is best known for basketball. There is no football team, but our men's basketball team has won the National Championship and got to the Sweet Sixteen in 2011. Academically, Marquette is known for it's engineering and dental schools.

My school is best known for its excellence in academics, religious affiliations, and its basketball team of course! The school has a fun atmosphere and every student seems very proud to be a member of the Marquette community.

Marquette has a really well know basketball team. We are also known for really good academics and good job placement after graduation. Marquette has a very good reputatiion so many employers like hiring grads from here.

It is known for its rigorous courses. People who go to Marquette are usually known for being intelligent. The classes are defenitely difficult and the teachers always make it that way.

A strong sense of fraternity and community amongst students and facultry, a commitment to service in the world, and the upholding of Jesuit ideals about leadership and charity.

In my program, Electrical Engineering, my school is best known for the Dr. Doolittle project which processes the audio signals of animal noises to find linguistic traces.