Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Marquette University is perfect for students who have high aspirations for their academic career. It is quite competitive in terms of academics. Yet, once its the weekend, there are plenty of things to do to let off steam since the campus is located in downtown Milwaukee. Marquette is also great for students who like a medium-size school. The classes are relatively small. The professors are personal and take time to get to know each student. When basketball season rolls around, the whole campus gets together. It is impossible to describe an experience at a men's basketball game.

Marquette is located within the heart of urban Milwaukee, Wisconsin but has it's own close-knit space that makes you feel at home. All classrooms are walking distance within ten minutes or less, no bus transportation is necessary. On top of that, all dorm halls are close to the heart of campus making distance essentially not a problem. Milwaukee becomes your home away from home at Marquette. Wisconsin avenue is a beautiful scene as the leaves change colors and the branches become covered in snow. Marquette has so much to offer and strives to make your success a priority.

The best thing about Marquette is the amount of volunteer and community service opportunities. This is included in the majority of the classes that are offered at Marquette. Many classes offer what is called service learning. The professor requires the students to spend about 2 hours a week at a site that is somehow related to the class so that the material can be related to real world experience. This has been a great experience for me. Marquette offers many other opportunities to get involved in community service helping clean up around the Milwaukee area.

When I tell my friends about my school, I brag most about the strong community. There is a place for everyone at Marquette, and the school reminds each student of that each and every day. There are so many different walks of life represented at Marquette, and it builds an extremely tight community, despite any differences. My campus is genuienly a happy campus and always has a strong sense of support and community. Whether it be through the clubs, classes, or sports, Marquette offers a place for everyon to fit in and find their own, unique community.

At Marquette, students hold doors open for others. While this act may seem insignificant and minute, I have found that it speaks volumes as to the atmosphere at Marquette. I have never been to another school that does this as much as we do. An act as simple as holding a door open is symbolic of what we stand for and what we work towards. We hope to help all people and to make a difference in the world. We are friendly, helpful, selfless, and welcoming. Furthermore, going to Marquette will open doors for me in my future.

I brag most about the feeling of complete freedom. Many of my friends actually didn't go onto college, so they're still at home with parents watching over them. I love how I get to choose and balance my time. In a sense, it is like being thrown out into the real world, but not 100% because we are still in school. Bragging about this with my friends, I see the look in their eyes when I describe the freedom, and it gives me hope that I'll be able to persuade them to someday join me.

I brag that I go to a private school. There are people here that share the same beliefs as me which makes it so easy to connect with oher people. Also it helps me keep up with my faith. If I went to a public school, I know I would never attend mass. But because Marquette is a Catholic school there are so many other people who would gladly attend mass with me and it isn't something that is looked down on in any way. The community formed because of the same faith is amazing.

Marquette is a small diverse university. There's never a boring day at Marqette. We have several events from cmpps wde runs to differect social events. Our professors are always willing to help you out if you don't understand a material. Also te class sizes are small. If you want to be encourage to become the best possible person in your repective career while having fun and meeting new peple and experience something new everyday, come to Marquette.

Marquette is the perfect size. It is a small college pretending to be a big one. Meaning that we have big sports and a big reputation but the size of the student population as well as the campus is not overwhelming. Also the layout of MU's campus is brilliant and made for ease. All the academic buildings are on one side of the campus, the administrative/campus-owned housing is on the other and further back is the upperclassmen off-campus living.

What I love most about Marquette University is its location in the heart of downtown Milwaukee. Milwaukee is an amazing city because it has all of the attractions of a large city while still retaining the benfits of a smaller city. I am a bus ride away from many museums, Lake Michigan, and the different cultural sectors of Milwaukee. I love being able to explore all of the amazing parts of my city while still being able to focus on my studies.