Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Unfortunately, we do live in a city so crime rates tend to be higher than the average school. Luckily, we're at a university that cares about the welfare of its students and if problems persist, they are quick to take action. We have one of the top-rated saftey programs in the nation. If you're smart about the way you go around campus and the city, you'll be fine.

Food! Worst thing at Marquette includes their food choices and quality. Grocery stores are far and can only be accessed by bus or car. The dorm food is just awful! If you choose to eat it- good luck! Let's say you choose not to eat it- There aren't too many other options. There are a few on-campus options that are going to cost you in the wallet.

The worst thing about Marquette University is the high tuition because it inhibits students, who are capable of learning at high levels, the right to a good education just because they are limited financially. If more financial aid was available, more students would have the opportunity to persue a degree at Marquette University.

I would say the worst thing about going to Marquette would have to be the midwest weather. It is really cold in the winter, but it snows a lot and snow days are not rare. I grew up in the midwest so the weather was not a shock to me. I just wish it was warmer in the winter when I have to walk to class all the time.

While Marquette University has limo services, Twitter notificiations, walking escorts, blue lights and many other ways of helping to keep the student body safe, there is criminal activity in the area. We need to find a joint resolve between Marquette University, the students and the community to eradicate this.

I think the worst thing about my school would be the lack of diversity. While it is advertised as a diverse school, Marquette is not. It's mostly middle to upper class caucasions, in the middle of a very poverty stricken Milwaukee. Not much of the staff is diverse either; unless you're taken a foreign language.

The worst part about Marquette is that the campus is in the city of Milwaukee so sometimes robberies occur on the street when students aren't paying attention to their surroundings. Although public safety does a great job making the campus feel safe, they unfortunately can't prevent all crimes.

At Marquette there is nothing that is all that horrible. There are strict rules on housing. People have to be out by a certain time and they will enforce it unlike other schools. It is a pain, but we all know that it is for safety and liablity purposes. Other than that it is a decent school.

The only issue I have ever had with Marquette is the tendency of students to separate themselves from the Milwaukee community that surronds them - a community suffering from poverty that could benefit from the help and kindness of students who have so much more than they do.

There is a lot of academic competition which makes it hard and stressful on yourself when you know you arent the smartest one in your class anymore; but that is expected at any college. Other than that, there isn't much that I don't like about my school.