Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

What is the stereotype of students at your school?

The school doesn't have a set stereotype, which I find is really nice. The only stereotype we have is for being a VERY good university. Students take their work very seriously, but they do like to have fun on the weekends. Not too many druggies (you'll get a few at every school), there's the athletes of course (we're D1! :) ). We also have frats but they're less than 10% of the school population but they're also a great way of getting involved.

Many people assume that most people are either from a suburb of Milwaukee or from the suburbs of Chicago (mostly North or West Suburbs). For the most part this is true, but there are definitely people who come for all over the states. Also, many people think that most students are rich or have rich parents. Again, I guess this is the case, but I am pretty sure that those kind of students can be found on any college campus.

Some people say that Marquette students are all the same, that they wear similar clothes, think similar things, etc. Also, there's the perception that we're all rich kids whose parents pay for everything.

1) Everyone is rich and ungrateful for the education they have been blessed with. 2)Marquette is unsafe and in the ghetto. 3) Catholocism is forced upon students.

Uppity, rich white kids from Chicago with Northface jackets, Ugg boats, Polo, and an ego bigger than Lake Michigan

That the student body is composed of wealthy kids from the suburbs of Chicago.

Stereotypes - students are snotty and rich. That about covers it.

They are ALL spoiled rich kids going to school on daddy's dollar

Catholic, rich, stuck up kids, heavy drinkers, and very smart.

that they are chicago suburban white kids with lots of money.