Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Any person can attend Marquette University, although the person needs to be willing to challenge themselves, help others and make a difference. Marquette truly welcomes all people, but if a person isn't willing to challenge themselves or does not wish to increase their knowledge then Marquette may not be the best choice for that person. The four main qualities a Marquette student aquires throughout their years as a Marquete students are excellence, leadership, faith and service, so if a persson does not wish to obtain these wonderful qualities, then Marquette is not the school for them.

A person who is not determined to succeed in their life at whatever it is they aspire to do should not come to Marquette University. Marquette, being a well respected university, offers numerous opportunities to its graduates. People who are looking to hire graduate students to work for them would be impressed when they see that someone received a degree from Marquette University. So someone who wouldn't capitalize on that type of opportunity should not come to Marquette, because there are thousands of other students who would be more than happy to receive that opportunity.

A person that should not attend this school is a person that does not care about their education. Marquette is a place for driven students to get a great education by working hard and having a passion for learning. If you are not willing to try your hardest and use the vast knowledge provided by the professors, Marquette is not the school for you. Also, Marquette is located in the fast paced city of milwaukee, I would not reccomend Marquette to someone who doesn't enjoy the exciting and bustling city lifestyle.

Marquette University is a school that allows students to have a chance to make a difference in their own education and how they can affect the world. I feel that a person who is self-centered and not willing to accept that in the world of today depending on one another makes the world stronger would not do well at Marquette. Marquette is here to provide education but to also show that helping in the community makes one more effective in their personal lives, and the in the lives of those surrounding them.

I don’t believe there is a right kind of person that should attend Marquette University. I have met such a wide variety of people in my short time there, all with different stories and dreams. As long as you are willing to work hard and dedicate yourself 100 percent at all times, you will do great at Marquette. It isn’t always easy, but the hard work will always pay off. Marquette is a very diverse campus, and I believe that no matter who you are, you will find it very easy to fit in on campus.

The type of person that shouldn't attend Marquette is somebody who wants to party. There are parties on campus and ways to drink, but Marquette isn't a party school and the on campus drinking rules are strictly enforced. Somebody expecting to just put in minimal effort during college should also not attend Marquette University because they will not be a successful student. Additionally the student should not be shy because it may be difficult to make friends if you're not involved on campus.

A person who should not attend Marquette University is someone that does not handle multiple responbilites at the same time very well. This university offers students many outlets to succeed, but in order to make the most of it, students must work very hard. To be a well-rounded student, school work is a priority, and having experience outside of the classroom is equally important. Being involved in clubs/ organizations that assist in your skills will benefit students significantly.

A wonderful aspect of Marquette is the diversity that can be found within its campus. Located in diversified Milwaukee, it is home to every ethnic group, sexual orientation, or economic status. The only qualification one must consider is whether he is willing to expend much energy into his academic career. Those who feel academics are not important to them should not consider attending Marquette, as its classes are challenging and the need for determination is high.

A student who has a very low work ethic should not attend Marquette because they will immediately fall behind in classes. Marquette is very academic and only having a social life will hurt your school performance. Also, someone who is not able to get help paying for school, or someone who doesn't want to get loans should not attend, unless a parent is able to afford it. The tuition cost grows every year and it's hard to keep up.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who is uncomfortable with religion (three theology classes are required for graduation regardless of major). Someone who enjoys football season (MU does not have a football team). Someone who has dreamed of belonging to and participating in greek life (I believe under 10% of students are involved in frats/sororities, and they are all service or academic based).