Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Marquette is a great school with great school spirit. You won't talk to even one person who isn't involved and can't say 5 things they don't like about Marquette. It's a challenging school so if you are up for a challenge, Marquette could be the place for you. I am a liberal individual and it is definitely a conservative campus and that has been a challenge for me but I would say it has made my beliefs even stronger, so don't let the Jesuit/Catholic dissuade you.

The most frustrating thing about Marquette is that it's not as diverse as I expected it to be. Especially growing up in an extremely diverse neighborhood and going to school with people from all different types of backgrounds was a somewhat frustrating transition to make coming here. The transition is at times frustrating, but once you get adjusted your experience depends on how you make it - how involved you are and who you surround yourself with.

The most frustrating part of my school is the lack of a college football team, being that many of the male population of Marquette comes from Jesuit or Catholic high schools that have great football teams. This may seem trivial and irrelevant, but many students on campus do get upset about no longer having a football team. However, in order to make up for this issue, Marquette students thrive for the student section of Marquette basketball games.

Currently I attend Florida Atlantic University but wish to switch to Marquette University. At Florida Atlantic University, the most frustrating thing is the securtiy. The security on campus is not good. Thus far this year, there have been a number of unsolved crimes on campus. Many of these crimes involved weapons such as guns or knives. Many students do not feel safe any longer traveling alone. Our security needs to improve.

The most frustrating aspect regarding Marquette is the lack of a football team. I am in the Physical Therapy program and am also pursuing Athletic Training, so it is frustrating that our school does not have this sport that we can work with. We are able to go to the surrounding high school to work with their football teams, it is just a great experience to be able to work with and support your school and its athletes.

I really cannot think of anything that was so frustrating that it bothered me. I graduated with a high school class of 18, so I would say the most frustrating part of going to college at Marquette University was attending Chemistry and Biology and the class size being over 200 students. It was a drastic change and really hard to get the one on one student teacher interaction, I was used to getting in high school.

Every student pays a lot of money to go to Marquette, and although both the education and the experience is worth the hefty price tag, many students frown upon the living arrangements they are forced into. Students are required to live in dorms both freshman and sophomore years, coupled with a non-optional meal plan. The dorms come with less than ideal visitation restrictions, and the dorm food is sub-par.

What frustrates me about the Marquette community is its diversity. Marquette lacks diversity among minorities such as Hispanics/ Latinos and African Americans. Not only do the statistics prove it, but also the way in how people interact with each other. For example people tend to socialize with people who look like them instead of expanding their group of friends.

There is not much to complain about. A minor detail which frustrates me is the fact that sophomores must live in dorms, with no expections. Most accredited universities allow second year students to live in a house or apartment. The dorms are perfectly fine but being able to completely live on my own is something I have looked forward to for many years.

The most frustrating thing about Marquette University is the location. Since it is near an unstable part of town, there is not much to do on the weekend nights. There are not a lot of different activities to do unless it involves partying. Another problem is the weather; I am from the midwest, but it is so windy and very cold.