Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

The most frustrating thing about Marquette is the difficulty of transportation. The only reasonable way to get around Milwaukee is by bus, and the bus system is complicated and even a little frightening.

Marquette University is an amazing school that has attracted many talented and intelligent individuals. There is support at every turn and at this point in my college career, I don't have frustrations.

What I find to be the most frustrating at my school is the tuition and aditional costs to attend. Money plays a huge role in my education and I worry that it will begin to control future choices.

The most frustrating thing about Marquette is the lack of diversity. A lot of the students come from the upper middle class and have attended private schools. The style is typically preppy.

Sometimes in the lecture classes it is hard to understand the concepts, but the teachers are very willing to take time with you during their office hours to help you with difficult concepts.

How credits are dispursed is frustrating. A four hour lab only adds one credit to a class, meaning I spend a lot of time in class without being adequately reimbursed with credits.

The "Marquette Bubble" prevents some students from being involved in the surrounding community and understanding the social justice issues that are happening in Milwaukee.

Dependeing on your major, the workloads can be very different. Sometimes, it seems, that work piles up all at the same time. Also, the weather is not that great

People don't drink a lot, but when they do, they tend to put a major emphasis on it. So that is the only thing they think about for that night

As a Jesuit school, Marquette has a lot of traditional, closed-minded policies that frustrate most twenty-first century students.