Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Before I came to this school I wish I had known that there are so many nice and friendly students and faculty. If I had known this, I would not have been so nervous before starting school. Instead, I would have realized that there was nothing to be nervous about because the people at Marquette are more than willing to help you with the transition into college life.

I wish I would have known that the people you meet in college will quickly become your best friends. I rarely talk to my friends from high school anymore, and the people that I've met at college have already done so much for me. I would have liked to know that the fights and everything that happened during high school don't really matter in the long run.

I wish I had known just how many resources Marquette offers its students in order to put them in the best position ti succeed. Between career counseling, campus ministry, and truly caring staff, I feel continually supported in all of my endeavors. If I had understood this in high school, choosing Marquette University would have been a no brainer!

I wish I had known about how cold the winters actually get here in Milwaukee. Especially being a little over a mile from the lake, the windchill can get into the negatives during the harsh winter. This winter was extremely rough with temperatures reaching minus 40 and learning how to withstand the cold is a challenge in its own.

Before coming to Marquette University I wished I would have known that there was going to be a lake near by. This would have impacted my decision even more about coming to Marquette or not. I also wish that I would have known that the professors at Marquette were friendly and easy to talk to along with being very helpful.

I wish I had known that Marquette University is very close to an unsafe neighborhood. There are many robberies near campus. I wish I had been aware about the safety issues regarding this area. Although I have never had a bad experience, it would have been nice to know how serious this issue can be before coming to school.

Make sure to build up your study skills and understand that teachers are a great resource. Dont fall too behind on work and dont be afraid to ask questions during lecture. Get to know your teachers on a personal basis and visit them during office hours, that what theyre there for.

I wish I had researched the history of my college more before coming here. My college has been around since 1881 and many important and powerful people have walked the same sidewalks I have. But besides that, there is nothing I have experienced here that I wasn't prepared for.

Before coming to Marquette I wish I knew about the small diversity. The school is not very diverse and since I am bi-racial, sometimes I feel out of place. Most people are very accepting, however, it would have been nice to know before committing to Marquette University.

I wish I would've known how expensive living in a city would be. I didn't realize I'd be living in a food desert (i.e. there are no nearby grocery stores). I didn't realize I'd need a car to get food, or that rent near downtown is much higher than other campuses.