Marquette University

« See more reviews of Marquette University

Before coming to this school I wish that I would have known more about the tutoring services here to get extra help in my more rigorous courses. I was unsure of how to go out and register to get a tutor or how flexible they were around students' schedules.

I wish I was aware of how segregated Milwaukee in general is. The segregation in the city has a huge impact on the school's curriculum that is avoided during campus tours and informational meeting but becomes shockingly apparent during orientation week.

It would have been important to understand that fear of a new place is normal. When I started college I was afraid of what people would think of me, leaving my friends behind, and adapting to a new environment. Also how to do laundry.

I wish I would have been sure of the major I was going to go into before coming to Marquette. This is more of a personal wish than a reflection of the school, since I would not have been so stressed about it during my freshman year.

I wish I had known how easy it was going to be to meet new people and make new friends after worrying about that all summer. It really wasn't that bad or hard of a situation as I thought it would be leaving my friends and family.

I wish I had known how competitive it would be so that I would have applied myself more during high school. Otherwise, nothing has shocked me in a negative way, and what I've learned has been a positive, growing experience.

I wish I would have known how difficult the chemisty, calculus, and biology classes are so that i could have taken other college classes in high school at the university in my hometown to be ahead of the game.

I wish I had discovered ear plugs sooner. Coming from a rural town to the middle of a city it was an adjustment to get used to the noises native to this area especially in a high traffic area.

There is nothing that I wish I had known before I came to Marquette. All the things that I have learned so far and come to know I am glad that I've learned and would not have it any other way.

I wish I'd known how expensive books, food, and living would have been and that much of the focus is on sports. The school seems to care more about money and reputation than anything else.