Marquette University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Marquette University

Maiya

Overall Marquette University is great school that not only academically challenges its students but also provides them with many extracurriculars to help them grow and develop skills for the real world. The are countless opportunities outside of the classroom for students with a broad range of interests.

Kamila

Marquette sports a very welcoming community. The people are friendly, and the teachers are helpful–for the most part. Academically, there are plenty of resources for students to take advantage of no matter their major. Classes are challenging, yet interesting. Marquette definitely classifies as a basketball school. Everyone gets hyped for the games.

Michelle

I always prayed about attending Marquette University and now I am living the blessing that I prayed for every single night. I made the right choice attending this school and I couldn't be happier. There are many resources available to students for whatever they need help with. I really found my place joining Bayanihan Student Organization. The school offers many organizations and clubs that make you feel like you belong and that you are making a difference not only in your life but amongst the community and the world. The professors are excellent and challenge me.

Sara

The academics at this university are extremely poor, unchallenging, I would rate this college at a D level. The instructors do not know the material, the tuition is high but they use old articles and material that is outdated. No support from the department, they do not care about the students just collecting their paycheck.

Caleigh

I love Marquette, it feels like home. The community is very welcoming and proud of our school. Everyone at Marquette is friendly and we are a tight community. I wouldn’t trade my opportunity to study here in a great Nursing program. Everyone here is academically motivated and there’s social activities and clubs for everyone.

Jack

Marquette University is a great school that sets all students up with success. The campus is beautiful in all seasons, teachers are extremely helpful, and many opportunities are available. Being that our campus is directly next to Milwaukee, there are plenty opportunities for internships and jobs. Also, being that a city is this close, social life is expanded upon. You not only get a traditional campus feeling, you also get a chance to explore downtown whenever you choose.

Charlie

It has great academics, and great resources and facilities. The dorms are somewhat underwhelming (depending on which one you live in). Other than that though, the school is a very welcoming and actice community

Karina

I love Marquette's location and extra curricular/activities/resources we have to offer and that I've taken a part of and used. However, I wish we were more progressive like having free condoms or STD testing/education and more gender neutral bathrooms. Other than that though the students I've gotten to know and the University overall, I love.

Zachary

Marquette is not too bad of a school, since you are centered in the urban environment, it takes a little to get used to. There's a lot of homeless on the West side of campus, but we have a very large police force so it is usually safe. Food is alright, could be better but it is college. Otherwise it is good.

Red

Marquette is beyond boring. Parties here are small and rarely happen outside of weekends or other events. Food is ok but the dining halls have weird hours except for the commons which is open all the time I guess. The clubs at Marquette are basically this: sports, politics and academic. There is a severe lack of activity clubs and the ones that do exist are disappointing. the rooms are nice which is good because you’ll spend most of your time there with all the clubs you’re not joining because they’re so boring. This school also gave me a first year professor for math (had never taught anywhere before) turns out we were her only class that semester because we were her trial class to see how she did as a teacher. The school did not disclose this information anywhere when signing up for classes and I only found out because the teacher told us. I’m happily transferring out at the end of this year and I would strongly recommend you avoid Marquette if you can.

Shelby

I have only been to Marquette for two visits and feel in love with it my first time there, and I came from Florida. I had nenver been to Milwaukee or anywhere in the mid-west. I found the people to be so friendly

Laine

Rigorous nursing program, but plenty of social life.

Olivia

Marquette University is exactly where I am supposed to be. It is the perfect size, I like to know that all of my professors actually know my name. There are helpful people everywhere, I really feel like everyone wants me to succeed. The classes are difficult but I know that if I ever need help, it is very accessible.

Shelley

Marquette University was not my first choice, but I am glad it was the choice I made anyways. Although academics are challenging, the emphasis on Cura Personalis is strong. This means that the whole being, both mental and physical are cared for and paid attention to throughout the Marquette experience.