Mars Hill, NC
Mars Hill University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mars Hill University

Joseph

It seemed isolated enough to remain focused and allow me to leave the familiar humdrum of home, but populated enough to build career connections. The weather is very sporadic, so it gives me little surprises each morning. Finally, the professors love their profession, and the one on one connection with them is helpful throughout the school year.

Every class matters. They are expensive, and you should never take a failing grade, even if you don't need the class. That aside, stop being so arrogant. You're about to find out the world is very good at showing you how miniscule you actually are. Lastly, keep in contact with your professors. They are adults, just like you, which means you can form long lasting friendships that will benefit you in social and career focused situations.

The administration of mars hill college is absolutely terrible. There practices contradict the college's philosphy and only confirm the belief that higher education is turning into pure business hiding behind painted smiles. However, like in money-hungry company, if you have the cash then you'll have no problems. Someone in my situation deals with the administration quite often, and the experience is never pleasant.

My classmates are a young earger group of students who are glad to be in school and try their hardest.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school with the knowledge that I have aquired about college life and making the transition I would advice myself a couple of different things. Being more organized would be one of them. I wouldn't have packed so much to bring to school, the rooms are not as big as I had thought they would be. I would also advice myself to start pushing myself harder in high school. The work in college is much different and is required to be done in a shorter amount of time. Always trustin in God, at first it seemed like college was something I just wasn't going to be able to accomplish, but in the end God was by my side the whole way and he never gave me any thing that I couldn't handle.

The best thing about Mars Hill College would have to be the small classes; the reson why is because this gives the students more opportunity to have one-on-one time with the proffessors.

Mars Hill College is best known for their athletics, athletic training, business and music programs.

If I were to go back into time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would talk about classes, time management, and opportunities. Now that I am in college, I am realizing how difficult it is to be on your own and using your time wisely to do homework, studying, sports, extra curricular activities and having a social life. What I should know is to study atleast one hour for each class every day and to do homework on time. Using time management is a key part of being able to survive college. If not, you may fall behind in classes and possibly fall into academic probation. If I need any help with a class and cannot find a tutor, student support services will provide me with a free tutor. There are chances to earn extra credit in a class by going to the writing and math center for that assignment. There are many opportunities that students should know so that they may go learn more about it before joining. These are key things that I should know as a high school senior before attending a college to learn what I should do to make that transition.

I wish I would have known about the job opportunities for students who need jobs to pay for the school.

Jalen

My classmates are eager to learn, willing to experience new things and capable of achieving their goals with proper guidance and self discipline.

First, I would tell the very naive and somewhat immature me to prepare for college earlier. I would encourage myself to take full advantage of all of the prep courses and other services offered to dy students become college ready. Second, I would rethink some of the choices I made as a high school senior, and take a more direct path towards my post secondary education. Last of all, I would submit and apply for scholarships and grants, and participate in more community service activities to help me qualify for financial aid. If I could go back in time I would tell myself, "Jalen, college is vital to your future. Stay focused, set goals and most of all press forward with discipline and reslience for no matter what obstacles you may encounter, you can do all things with God as your helper."

The most important aspect of Mars Hill College is the fact it is a faith based campus, and emphasizes the of servitude and Christian ethics.

Sara

Mars Hill is a small school which allows the instructors to be more engaged with the students. I was considering another public university but the class sizes were in the hundreds. At Mars Hill, we can have open discussion relevant to the topics at hand and the instructor can be a part of the conversation on a more intimate level in class.

As my High School self, I would say "Just go for it anyway!!" When I was in High School, I had excellent grades but my social life was unstable. I had people surrounding me that were not supportive and even blocked my attempts to go to college. I also had a great job in High School that followed me after graduation and I felt like it would be a career instead of a job. However, the unsupportive people eventually faded away, as did the career opportunities at my workplace simply because I did not have a degree to support the higher positions. As a High School Senior, I was not able to see the benefit of going to college right away, whereas now it is so plain! I wish I would have known to follow my heart and not listen to those that steered me away from successfully achieving my degree at that time.

Before I arrived at Mars HIll College, I wish I had known how understanding, experienced, and academically astute the instructors would be because college seems more achievable and worth the effort. I was worried that college would more of a burden that it was worth, but I truly have excellent instructors that know the field of study very well and have background knowledge to assist with understanding. It has been worth every moment spent!

Katerina

Be yourself. Do not let peer pressure of upperclassmen influence you because it could get you into a lot of trouble. If you think you shouldn't do it, don't! It's okay to say no.

I wish I had known that small schools have a lot of drama. If something happens one morning, the whole campus will know by lunch time. Also, the faculty sometimes know a lot about the students. However, the good thing about a small campus is that classmates and professors will call you if you don't show up to class to make sure you are okay.

Someone who needs the professor to call them out and push them because they may not be completely self-motivated yet. Also, Mars Hill is good for someone who is environmentally conscience and enjoys being around nature. If you enjoy city life, Mars Hill is probably not the best choice for you.

Cori

I would tell myself not to hold on to the people who drug me down in high school and discouraged me from following my dreams by going to college. I would also tell myself to put more thought into choosing my major so that I wouldn't have had so much confusion about what I wanted to do.

The beauty of the surrounding area and the availability to be outside with the outdoors club.

Grace

Once into my major and more upper level classes, my classmates work hard and are enthusiastic about their schoolwork.

Grace, this world is vast and expansive. It is ready for you to take it by the reigns and make the most of what it and you bring to the table, so stop worrying about what others will think, or if everything will work out perfectly and go for it! Try new things, even if outside your comfort zone. This life isn't for worrying. You are going to get homesick, but the only way to see this grand planet is to leave. Its waiting, go and experience it.

The small class sizes and the supportive , caring professors.

Sara

As a high school senior, I believed that college was a daunting, paperwork infused task. To solidify my irrational fear of higher education settings, I was offered a full-time position at the bank where I worked through high school and took them up on it immediately. My rationale was that I would work at this decent paying job until my anxiety subsided and then I would waltz forward to college. Bad idea! If I could be my High School self today, I would scream, "GO NOW AND DO NOT WAIT!" Suddenly, I was an undereducated adult with an unfulfilling job. I now know that college is an amazing experience. The students are diverse, the subjects educate in areas unprecedented, and there is nothing that is impossible! My professors have come from a myriad of different backgrounds expanding my borders just from discussion. The college experience has helped me fill in holes of the past and understand my ever-changing world. I am so grateful and lucky to have the chance to get my degree now but definitely wish I had spent my younger years pursuing education toward a valuable career. Thank you for your consideration in awarding this scholarship.

Someone who is serious about their education.

jacob

Mars hill college is a school that is occupied by outdoorsy people that like to interact with others and is a small in class size.

First I would tell myself that I am making the right detection with this school. Second, I would strongly word that I should look into scholarships more.

What bothers me the most about my school can not be decided with just one but two things. The first being that most of the students are always talking about how much they dislike the school, but will never try to improve it. The second and last thing is that the finance aid department is much like that of the dmv. They just want you to leave and do not really care if they help. They just want money.

Mars Hill University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.