Mars Hill, NC
Mars Hill University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mars Hill University

Pouyan

The fisrt answer that comes to mind when asked the question: "what advice would you give yourself?" almost everyone will say that I would ahve studied alot harder in High school. Everyone goes through a different life style and different situations while they are in high school. My situtaion was different from most of the stdents because of the financial struggles that my widowed father had to go through and I had to be there to give him my support. The advice that I would have given my slef would be that I could have studied harder of course and could have gotten a btter GPA to transfer to a good school. Its never too late to realizae and I am glad that now i'm working to imporve my life style by getting a college education and trying my best.

Austin

Mars Hill college is corky, diverse, and a bit conservative.

Mars Hill college is corky, diverse, and a bit conservative.

Austin I love you so much. Please do us a favor and don't attempt or even think about awful ways in which you could end our life. You meet the best people in the world. They love you for you, and you don't have to pretend anymore. Be who you are. You are gay and you have to accept that. College is so much better than high school. You have more freedom and more time to meet people who love you. I won’t lie to you. The college you attend is a bit on the conservative side and being gay will be frowned upon. But Austin it doesn't matter because you have gained so much confidence in yourself it’s amazing. You are so revolutionary, so awesome that you deserve to live. I know that high school was difficult and obstacles seemed to only build up with no way through. But please remember what your brother use to say “you are no different than the ones that surround you, who are they to judge.” Austin life gets better trust me, you meet someone special who loves your personality, wisdom, creativity and he especially loves your heart.

Someone that should attend Mars Hill college should only attend if they like small classes, small town living, helpful professors, paying well over 30,000 dollars a year, food that is on the bland side, and about 30 minutes from civilization. 35 students in one class is considered too many. The town is so small that there are only 15 stores on it's main street. The profeesors do everthing they can to help you pass their class. The tuition is way to expensive. The food could use an update and Asheville is where you go to have fun.

Nathaniel

Mars Hill College is a libral arts college where there is a large enphasis on diversity in its learning, while pushing its students to succeed in everything they do, not only grades.

I would tell my younger self to study more. Grades are trually verny important. You are going to take your honor of Eagle Scout everywhere and to follow the scout law and the leadership skills that were learned in the proccess of earning the award, will be used for the rest of your life. Enjoy life and study hard.

Im an Eagle Scout, I'm on the soccer team, and I get good grades.

Austin

Dear, Austin Davis Hi my name is Austin Davis, because I am you from the future. Well unfortunatley you were not accepted to Chapel Hill. But thats besides the point. You were accepted to Mars Hill college. Its a great school don't get me wrong, but its not every thing you hoped for. They don't have Botany as they forgot to update their website, but they do have Biology. But the best part is you make lots of friends ( don't believe me just as your two knew besties Val and Bethany) who think you are totally awesome LOL. The number one rule that both of us seem to always break is being too hard on ourselves. Please do not stress about making friends, or if people are going to judge you. Its life, there are ignorant people around you 24/7. Secondly, Austin put back that paper shredder it not needed, our dorm is not an apartment LOL. also don't be worried about your roommate he's pretty decent and NO austin he is not stuck up, or abnoxious. Relax Austin. college will be just fine, and no I am totally not lying to you !

I know Mars Hill college is a private school and funding may be tough, but when there are students here who are paying 20 or even 30+ thousand dollars a years, many students would expect better on-campus housing. Dormsthat look like a prison may need a face-lift, lose phone cables that have seen better days may need technincal attention, overhead lighting that causes one stress may need to be replaced and overall dirty surroundings may pose a threat to ones internal health may also need a thorough gutting. I love Mars Hill, but the dorms need attention ASAP.

If you love the small town feel, come to Mars Hill. If you want to experience what it feels like to know your professors personally and not be known as number 459, again come to Mars Hill. If you love the snow and cold, come to Mars Hill. If you are a person whole loves forming tight relations with sport mates, dorm mates or just your friends, once more come to Mars Hill. If you love the idea of making it across campus in less than 5 minutes, pleases sont hesitate, come to Mars Hill.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself about everything college, the main points that I would address with myself is that college isn't cheap and to do more to help pay for it. I could tell my past self how it stinks that I can't hang out with my friends when I want to because I have work-study and I have to work t help pay for my education. I would tell my past self that money doesn't grow on trees, and that all the scholarships and money that I could have applied to from my high school to help pay for college. Another topic that I would discuss would have to be looking into more colleges that suited me and my "conditions". I would tell myself to do more investigating on every school that I applied too. I would tell myself about some basic college information such as it's okay to ask for help when I need it, whether its asking for help in a class that I'm failing behind in or something as little as to where I can find the Dean of Students.

The type of student that shouldn't attend Mars Hill College would have to be those who think that they can get away with partying all the time and not attending classes, each class has their own strict attendance policy. Another kind of student that shouldn't attend Mars Hill College is the kind that are lazy and unmotivated, you have to work as hard as it takes to prove to yourself and to others that you want to be their, they don't deal with slackers very well, they give you a few chances but that's it.

I am the first to admit that there are a lot of things that I don't like at Mars Hill College, but the teachers aren't one of them. The teachers that I had freshmen year were so helpfully for the most part. The teachers were patient and understanding, and they were always available when I needed to speak with them about anything from where my next class building was located to asking them for help on items outside the classroom like financial advice. Without my teachers my freshmen year I'm not sure what I would have done.

Melissa

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would have three pieces of advice. First, grades are important! There are great scholarships available for students with good grades. And, much of what you learn in high school is used in college. Second, focus more on your future not on your weekend plans! Although, having fun and creating memories is important it needs to be in moderation. And, third, pursue as many leadership rolls as possible. College is a expensive and is a privilege not a right. Therefore, you should do everything in your power to pursue scholarships in order to lessen the burden on your parents and reduce the amount of student loans you will have to repay.

Melanie

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to be mature. My first year of school wasn't the easiest for me. I hated the school I was attending, I disliked my teachers and I didn't feel like I was making many friends. All of these things were odd for me because school always came easy, and I'm a people person. Because of my dislike of the school I didn't want to go to classes and I didn't do any work. In the end I dropped out of school. I spent the next semester working and it was during that time that I really started to appreciate school. Since I no longer had the comfort of education I craved it even more. It's because of the things that happened that molded me into the student that I am now. Even if I dislike a professor a class I know that in order to stay and get my education I have to be a mature adult and do it anyway. After a year of failure, and a semester of longing I am now back in school with a 4.0!

If you love a close friendly environment you should come to Mars Hill. The professors get to know their students on a first name basis and they want to know who you are, not what your student ID is. Because of the size of Mars Hill you soon get to know everyone and everything. If you like to stay involved and you're a people person Mars HIll is amazing because you will gain friends very easily. It's the perfect place to get a "one-on-one" education.

People who enjoy big cities and a big party life should not attend Mars HIll College. Although Mars Hill is located about 30 minutes outside of Asheville, NC it is secluded enough that it can be difficult to get off campus, especially if the student does not have a vehicle. Even though there are events that occur on campus many people like to leave the College and go into the city for dinner, a movie or some other sort of fun. So if you want to be in the center of excitement go to a different school.

Cristy

I would have told myself that I needed to be more prepared financially. I should have pushed the advisors to help with more scholarship information. I would have said to make sure that this is the career that you want to go into. I have changed careers twice already and know that I want to be a teacher for sure now.

Not a whole lot of parking and classrooms lack the technology of big schools.

Dear Self, I hope this letter finds you in time, because it is a few things I would like to tell you before you step into a new chapter in your life. Let me start of by saying, continue to be focus and it will award you in the near future. Never give up on anything including track and field. You may not want to run anymore or the coach may not be what you thought. You do not want it to be a regret. Keep education first. Set your alarm, because mom is not going to call every morning. I must warn you she does get upset when you do not go to class. Some professor will push you, but most of the time you will have to push yourself. Do not be afraid to try new things. Have fun, but make sure you do your homework first. Take my advice, do not wait for the night before to start a five pages paper. You are about to graduate, and you more than prepare. You will make mistakes, but to become an adult you must learn from it. Just never give up. Love, Future You

The professor are great. They make you work but they also make you feel comfortable to come to them when you have a problem. They explain everything to the best of their ability and allow the students to become involved in the lesson. They make education come alive; even math!! I cannot complain about any of my professors.

The only thing that I can complain about my school is the fact it is not as exciting as I thought. Coming from a smaller school that had more things to do I would of thought Mars Hill would of more fun. They advise you to get more involved in school, but I have yet see something to excite my motivations of being more involved.

Magan

As a high school senior I always knew what I wanted to do with my life and what I wanted to get out of my college experience. Now, however, as a college student I have become more aware of things around me, people I meet, and place I go as well as the impact I can potentially have on all of them. If I could go back in time in order to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to no be so naiive. When coming into college I felt that everything was good and I never boldly questioned those in authority positions. I followed the rules always and did it with a closed mouth and mind. In college I have learned that authority may not always have my or society's interest in mind and as a high school senior I think it would have been better for me to know and understand that coming into college as a freshman.

It gets cold her quick and stays cold for a long time. Bring lots of winter clothing if you don't plan on going home that often.

There is always something to do on campus and the people here are genuinely nice. The faculty is helpful and the classes and course load is manageable.

Mars Hill University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.