Mars Hill, NC
Mars Hill University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Mars Hill University

Elisha

Back when I was just an eighteen year old high school senior there was a lot of advice I needed. I was more involved in my social life and reputation to where I stopped worrying about school. I decided to just go to my local community college until I got my life figured out. I wanted big things, but I didn't feel like working for them. Nowadays I'm living on my own in North Carolina tweleve hours away from home while attending my dream college in my dream state. If I could go back I would simply tell myself to keep my head up and assure myself that all the hardship I was going through would all pay off in the end. I wouldn't go back and tell myself to change anything. I am very happy with where I am and who I am today. If I would go back and change anything that would most likely alter where I am today in my life. If there's one thing I've learned is that you have to learn and grow from your mistakes. That's exactly what I do and have done.

I just moved to North Carolina by myself from Pennsylvania to attend this college. I did a lot of research about the area and the college before moving here. The one thing I wish I would've known before picking my college was the real distance it is from Asheville. I make a 30 minute commute to and from school every day. It tends to get a little arduous, but I take the extra time to reflect and gather my thoughts. Overall, the college itself was exactly how I pictured and read about it.

When describing Mars Hill College to my friends and family back home in Pennsylvania I usually tend to brag about my teachers I've had and had at the college. I tell them how understanding and thought provoking my teachers are. I also explain to them how much I've learned and how I soak in all the information presented to me by my teachers. I definitely above anything else brag about my teachers at Mars Hill.

Alicia

Being tucked away in the mountains and being a liberal school.

Being tucked away in the mountains and being a liberal school.

Everyone is looking for a different experience. In order to make the most of yours, make a list of the things you want to with your life, future career goals, current social life ideas, etc, and compare it to the schools you are considering and what they have to offer related to these things. Talk candidly with students at the schools before making your final decision. Once you have selceted your school, go and don't hold back! BE YOURSELF! Rememer that everyone there is or was just like you. Your the new kid, but so are all the other freshman! Make friends! Do all the cheesey get-to-know games and oreitnations and social events held the few weeks of school! Don't be a recluse! Do your school work but also make time for extra-curricular activities, football games, open gyms, book groups or whatever club you might be in to! Dig around campus and find your niche, but don't stop there! Constantly expand your circle of friends and activities! Also, it's ok to call mommy every once in a while!

Creative, enthusiastic students seeking to broaden their view of their world. People who like to engage in cultural activities and venues. Students who are looking for quality education and not just a party school!

Very small and friendly, but doens't have enough money.

Very small and friendly, but doens't have enough money.

I believe you need to pick the college that you could see yourself living at. Make sure you take a tour of every college you are interested in and get your applications in on time. When you tour the school, picture yourself for instance in the cafeteria eating with your friends, or on the quad just hanging out and see if it feels right. Also, never go to a college for someone else. Don't go to a school cause your parents, a significant other, or even a friend. You should pick a school for yourself only. There are a lot of ways to make the most of your college experience. One of the main things is to get out of your dorm room the first year! You may be a little apprehensive about meeting new people and trying new things, but I think thats a great way to get an amazing experience. Play a sport, or if your not into sports, join a club or group. Also don't just take classes from your major. Take ones that you might just want to take for fun. And be willing to explore strange and new beliefs. It might be fun.

It's liberal and it's location.

John

The professors are awesome but the administrative staff doesn't listen to a lot the students and is typically unhelpful.

Ask random students their opinions of the school, not the administration's hand picked students.

shamira

that it is right in the middle of the community

that it is right in the middle of the community

follow your heart and talk to the lord about it

a party goer, a person that like to drink , or does like to think outside the box

Allison

Make sure that a visit to the school is made. Try and notice things outside of what they show you on a tour beacuse that really tells you what the school is like. Make sure that the school really makes you feel good about being there by the time you go home, if you don't feel like you would be happy then don't choose that school no matter how much money they offer you. The four years spent in college will be amazing if you are happy and there will be a desire to perform better. Find places that will help you get involved in the things you like. If they dont have clubs you enjoy see if you can start some if you attend there. Mostly though, I would tell parents and students to be critical because no school is as perfect as it seems. It is easy with today's networks like facebook and myspace to find currently attending students and find out how things are going on campus from someone who isn't trying to sell it to you.

The worst thing about Mars Hill is the lack of interest in what the students want by the administration.

A person perfect for Mars Hill would be involved in te community, have a love for the mountains and the outdoors. They should also be ready to be engaged in learning and to be counted as a person.

Kathryn

Mars Hill is small, but it has the feeling of a family and the students are hard workers.

First, think of who you are where would be the perfect place for you to discover yourself. I think going to a smaller school gives one the chance of standing out and making a difference on the campus, and finding his or her self along the way. Second, what is your career goal. A lot of the time just knowing what you want to be when you "grow up" can eaisly check off some of your choices. Finally, what is your extra curricular activities, and what sport do you play. A lot of times just the extra curricular activities around a campus can make or break a student. So by thinking about those three simple things, one can have a little easier time when it comes to deciding the perfect college.

I wish I would have known the competition was a lot higher then I expected when it comes to academics.

Tabitha

Make sure that you visit the college, and try to do an overnight visit if it is possible.

The location because even though it is a 20-30 minute drive to the city it is very pretty for where it is.

Some of the professors do not explain the material well enough.

Patrick

Make sure that you feel comfrontable and at ease at the college that you pick because it is very important to feel at home at your school because it is crucial for your academic success to feel safe and confrontable at school.

I believe that the best thing about Mars Hill College is its small size. With a small size it is easier for students to recieve hep from their professors and also helps them beome more sociable on campus.

I wish I would have known how expensive it is to attend the college.

Frankie

My classmates are very dilligent workers who are exremely helpful to everyone and are also determined to pass each course to the best of their abilities.

Where ever you decide to go, always remember that your education is the main priority. Maintain focused and work hard. Never get discouraged because things will get tough and fruststrating. College is a whole new ball game that will give you some of the best and most trying times of your life. You will make life long friendships and spend more hours studying for your classes than you would have ever thought to be possible! Though your studies will be very important, you will also spend a large amount of this time discovering who you are as a person. I urge you to get involved around campus and attend soical gatherings to open your mind and experience the hidden diverse cultures of the world around you. By making new connections and engraving those eternal bonds of friendship, your college will feel like your new home away from home.

I get most frustrated with the weather at my school.

Mars Hill University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.