Mars Hill, NC

Mars Hill University

« See more reviews of Mars Hill University

I just moved to North Carolina by myself from Pennsylvania to attend this college. I did a lot of research about the area and the college before moving here. The one thing I wish I would've known before picking my college was the real distance it is from Asheville. I make a 30 minute commute to and from school every day. It tends to get a little arduous, but I take the extra time to reflect and gather my thoughts. Overall, the college itself was exactly how I pictured and read about it.

Before I arrived at Mars HIll College, I wish I had known how understanding, experienced, and academically astute the instructors would be because college seems more achievable and worth the effort. I was worried that college would more of a burden that it was worth, but I truly have excellent instructors that know the field of study very well and have background knowledge to assist with understanding. It has been worth every moment spent!

I wish I had known that small schools have a lot of drama. If something happens one morning, the whole campus will know by lunch time. Also, the faculty sometimes know a lot about the students. However, the good thing about a small campus is that classmates and professors will call you if you don't show up to class to make sure you are okay.

I chose to attend Mars Hill College in hopes of receiving a large scholarship. However, once I moved in they informed me that my EFC was too high. Had I known I wouldn't have received that scholarship I would have attended Appalachian State University.

It gets cold her quick and stays cold for a long time. Bring lots of winter clothing if you don't plan on going home that often.

I wish I would have known about the job opportunities for students who need jobs to pay for the school.

I wish I would have known the competition was a lot higher then I expected when it comes to academics.

I wish I would have known how expensive it is to attend the college.

I knew everything up front.

Nothing