Huntington, WV
Marshall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marshall University

sa

I would advise students to live on campus and go to college right out of high school not wait till they are older. Become a part of the college life and join clubs that they are interested in. Make the most of the academics that are available and don't party your college years away.

Has wonderful school spirit professors helpful

Kendra

They are different from each other, but have common goals.

They are different from each other, but have common goals.

I attended several open houses at different colleges. This was the best way for me to see where I fit in. When I came to the open house at Marshall University, I immediately felt like I was home. I believe the best college for you will feel right as soon as you step foot on the sidewalk. As for making the most out of my college experience, I work hard towards my major, but I also allow time for fun. I go to plays, football games, parties, and group organizations. College is for learning, but not just learning a trade. It's about learning how to live your own life; try new things. Whether it be attending your first lacrosse game or changing your major a couple times, new things always bring good. You might not like the new, but you will appreciate the old even more. Choosing a college is a big decision, but when it's right, it's right.

The school pride. If you go to Marshall, you stick with your school.

Miranda

The best thing to do when choosing a college is to visit. I had several options available to me, but once I visited Marshall, it was clearly the best fit. I chose to attend Marshall my Junior year of highschool after much deliberation. My entire family, grandparents and all, went on a total of three orientations. It was so nice to have several opinoins (where each person remembered different aspects). I believe that choosing the right school is the key to having a positive college experience.

I wish I would have known that it would be difficult with two younger siblings being two and a half hours away.

I personally have chosen a very difficult path and a difficult way to do it. I have taken 18 hours each of my three semesters in college. It is a lot of course work and that is the worst thing about my school, but then again, I have done it to myself.

Jonina

Marshall has a small town feeling in the middle of a city where everything is at your reach. The classes aren't too big so you get the individual attention that every student needs from the professor while still working as a group.

The best advice I could give would be to follow your heart to where you think you would be able to fulfill the dreams of your future. Some colleges have different requirements for the same degree so make sure that you check into the programs that you're interested in and see what the requirements are. If you want to live in the dorms, don't hesitate. That's where most friends are made. Don't choose a school because that's where your friends are going because most of the time you don't see them unless you're on a break from class anyway. Also, don't be afraid to speak up and make friends because they will be there for you no matter what.

The worst thing about Marshall is the lack of extensive programs because most classes for forensics aren't available until after you major in chemistry or biology. Most elaborate degrees have to be done that way.

Molly

I believe that a person has to do what is right for them. Some people may be looking for a school with a really active student government and others may be more focused on sports. Whatever it may be make sure you ask questions. They may seem stupid at the time but once you have decided on a school its semi-permanent. My college and my professors are like my family when I am away from home. They deeply care about my well-being and always try to help me in whatever venture I want to tackle. I also think that being an involved student while in college will help an individual to make the most of their college experience. A person is able to meet so many people when involved in extra-curriculars. It just adds character to that person and makes t hem more of a well rounded individual as they enter the real world upon graduating.

someone who is looking for a big city kind of feel with large classrooms

Lance

Classmates are lazy and have the desire just to coast by.

Classmates are lazy and have the desire just to coast by.

Don't just take the first acceptance letter, fish around and see what university best fits you.

The worst thing about Marshall University is the lack of the quality of education, and the poor quality in aiding members of the armed forces.

phillip

marshall university is a family of students in a close knit community.

marshall university is a family of students in a close knit community.

one unique aspect of marshall university is the laid back atmosphere. the pressure for success is not the most important thing on campus which allows students to enjoy other aspects of life.

when choosing a school dont neccesarily go for the one with the most prestige. unless you plan on pursuing a very involved and difficult major there are plenty of smaller schools that may be able to provide a more enjoyable and stress free experience. there will always be stress on students to perform but at some schools it may be easier to deal with this stress. it is also important to choose an area that you feel comfortable in. one should not attend a school in the rocky mountains if they hate the cold weather just because there is a prestigious school in the area. on the other hand a bigger more recognized school may be for you it comes down to choosing a scenario in which you see yourself being comfortable and able to perform. once you choose a school you must remember why you did and make the most of your experience. college is good at providing many distractions that can deter you from school work. it is important to speak with your professors regularly and take advantage of every opportunity that the university may provide.

In the College of Education we are all wonderful friends! We will have classes together over and over and we all form a close knit family. I love the girls and guys of the C.O.E!!!

I know it sounds so corny but find a place where your heart is. When signing up for schools and visiting them go where your heart wants to be. College should be an amazing experience and when a student attends a school that doesn't satisfy who they are what kind of experience that person would get out of college? Parents, let your child make the decision...this is the place they will be spending 4 or more years of their life. Your child knows you care but they need to happy where they want to be, not where you have forced them to be. Set back at times and let them play a roll in the decision making process. You might be surprised what they can figure out.

Just like any other school I think that people who don't care what they get out of life should attend this school. If you have no drive I think college in general isn't really for you. There is work involved and if you don't want to work there isn't much for you.

Rebecca

Marshall University is a school with a community learning environment.

Marshall University is a school with a community learning environment.

The best advice I can give to a future student and their parents is to spend one day in the life of a student that is doing the same thing you want to do. Ask the department chair or recruiter if you can shadow a freshmen or sophomore student. This is will give you a much better idea of what to expect if you choose to attend that school. Also, ask the department chair if you can talk to some upperclassmen. They have been there awhile and will be honest with you. Make sure you check out the dorms you're most likely to stay in, the cafeteria, and most importantly, the library. That is where you will spend most of your time.

The most frustrating thing about Marshall, like most universities, is dealing with the administration.

Shelley

Go to a college that has the degree you are intersted in. One should not settle for the convient school, go out and find the best education you think is avaible.

Some of the class rooms are not up to date with technogly. It makes it in convient to learn.

Marshall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.