Huntington, WV
Marshall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marshall University

Marshall University is in the center of Huntington, West Virginia. With plenty to do and see we take advantage of this during home games which brings in thousands of dollars in revenue. We have several programs to choose from and all are important to the college in their own way. We never leave someone out and most importantly we do it all for the 75 who lost their lives in the plane crash on November 14, 1970. We are...

Jessie

Overall, Marshall University is a great college. I enjoy all the activities they provide on campus. I prefer a smaller campus and classes, which makes Marshall a perfect fit for me. The professors go out of their way to make sure the students understand the material and help in any way they can. I feel safe on campus but I always travel with someone just to be extra safe. The pride and respect the students have for the university is unbelievable. I just love Marshall!

Brean

Even though my father is an alumnus of Marshall University, I wasn't sure what to expect when I began attending this fall. I already feel as though the professors care about my learning and want me to be successful in the future. I have the sense of belonging to a community and truly a "Son (Daughter) of Marshall."

Katie

Marshall University gives students who desire to learn the opportunity to do just that. However, I find that the required general classes are too many and do not pertain to most majors. The campus is smaller, which is nice, but parking still seems to be forever away from any of the classrooms.

jazmin

Marshall University is an overall good school, but just like any other school, it could use a little fixing. If it's not administrators continuously making mistakes, it's the faulty building work. Majority of teachers go out their way to make sure you're understanding the material, and you're passing. One of the best features of Marshall, would be their on campus activities; they're always creating something for us to do.

Clarissa

Marshall University is a unique college that offers a little bit of everything. It sits right off of the Ohio River in one of the worst cities I have ever encountered, Huntington, WV. Marshall tries its hardest to make up for its surroundings, and I was tremendously impressed by the Anthropology program. My professors answered any and all questions I had in a timely manner, and my academic advisor was the best. I still contact him whenever I have questions even though I attend graduate school at another university. I cannot speak for the other programs, but I had a successful academic career at Marshall. There were always activities going on at the university. If school activities are not your scene, there is plenty to do in the surrounding area. However, make sure you are equipped with pepper spray if you plan on staying out at night. In my opinion, Marshall University is a great school in an unfortunate location.

Fabian

Stereotypes? Nope. Just that football is a big deal and being small town USA that makes sense.

As mention earlier Marshall has 13 fraternities and 7 sororities. Also, campus has a handful of student run activities and if there is something that is not here you and your friends with a professor sponsor can add the group.

Diversity consults of primary students from United States specifically the surrounding states to West Virginia as well as coastal states and a few others spread throughout. We also have a flux number of international students depending on the semester that join our family. 32 countries are normally represented at any given time on campus.

Difficult for students that think that they are still in High School and refuse to study. You are not in high school. Somethings will come easy while others you will need to work on. If its to easy you picked the wrong school, as well as if its way too difficult you might want to rethink your choice.

Ronica

My school has a very instructional and comfortable learning environment that promotes students to grow to be the best person they can be.

My classmates are students that care about their future and try to learn as much as much as possible to be the best they can be in the world.

If I could go back in time and give my high school senior self some advice, I definitely would have plenty to say. I would give myself a lot of advice about what to expect in college and what to do to get the most out of the college experience. College is not easy and requires a lot of responsibility and motivation. Socially, college is completely different from high school; at times it can be very lonely, but you just have to push past these moments and fully enjoy the times, no matter how few they may be, with the new wonderful people you meet. When you start college, get involved with the many clubs and activities that are offered; you will enjoy these experiences and the people you meet through them very much. Most importantly, don't let college change you to be someone you aren't. Still hold on to the person you were from high school, but allow the experiences from college to grow your good characteristics and quatlities to become the best you that you can be. Be a light to all those you meet.

Royale

Marshall University is a wonderful school. All my professors know me personally and they take the time to help me whenever I need it. Marshall is more than just a school. It is a family. I strongly believe that I will always be able to contact any of my professors for anything. Many schools don't have the closeness that is experienced at Marshall.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax. College will be a transition, but you cannot stress yourself out about it. I would also tell myself to study. It may not be that big of a deal to study in high school, but it is a must in college. I would've told myself to apply to more scholarships. I can't afford school and don't know how to pay for next semester so I definitely would have told myself to make getting a scholarship my job. Most importantly, I would have told myself that school is extremely important and never let anything distract you. Don't give up, ever.

The best thing about Marshall is the professors. I have had some of the best teachers ever at Marshall. Whenever I have asked my professors for help, I have always received it. Also, the professors are always willing to work with you and help you succeed.

This school is very close-knit, fun, and encouraging for everyone to go after their dreams.

This school is very family-oriented. Everyone is very welcoming and willing to help out. It seems very out of place if a person doesn't feel loved here.

If I could go back, I would tell myself to follow my dreams and not settle for second-best. I would tell myself to walk up to my best friend and tell him how much I really feel about him. I would tell him how I have felt about him all the years I have known him. I would also tell myself to move into the dorms once I went to college. I would also tell myself to get better grades so that I wouldn't get so behind in my work load.

Marshall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.