Huntington, WV
Marshall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marshall University

Royale

Marshall University is a wonderful school. All my professors know me personally and they take the time to help me whenever I need it. Marshall is more than just a school. It is a family. I strongly believe that I will always be able to contact any of my professors for anything. Many schools don't have the closeness that is experienced at Marshall.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax. College will be a transition, but you cannot stress yourself out about it. I would also tell myself to study. It may not be that big of a deal to study in high school, but it is a must in college. I would've told myself to apply to more scholarships. I can't afford school and don't know how to pay for next semester so I definitely would have told myself to make getting a scholarship my job. Most importantly, I would have told myself that school is extremely important and never let anything distract you. Don't give up, ever.

The best thing about Marshall is the professors. I have had some of the best teachers ever at Marshall. Whenever I have asked my professors for help, I have always received it. Also, the professors are always willing to work with you and help you succeed.

This school is very close-knit, fun, and encouraging for everyone to go after their dreams.

This school is very family-oriented. Everyone is very welcoming and willing to help out. It seems very out of place if a person doesn't feel loved here.

If I could go back, I would tell myself to follow my dreams and not settle for second-best. I would tell myself to walk up to my best friend and tell him how much I really feel about him. I would tell him how I have felt about him all the years I have known him. I would also tell myself to move into the dorms once I went to college. I would also tell myself to get better grades so that I wouldn't get so behind in my work load.

Dakota

The most important thing to understand is all of your options. I know you are science-minded and believe that physics or chemistry is the only field you have perceived yourself pursuing, but you MUST stop and consider all of your options. Explore chemical engineering programs, environmental engineering, biotechnology, economics, chemistry education and every other program that this research leads you too. Keep your mind open in terms of your future career and role in the world. Also, don't assume you MUST attend the college that is in your backyard; you know, the one that everyone, including yourself, has always assumed you would attend. The is no good reason for this default assumption. Learn about other schools. Look at rankings. Look into the types of research and publications that other school are involved with. Also, prepare for the ACT. Don't just take it to get the minimum score necessary for a full-ride to college. Take it like you want to get into the world's best school. While your at it, go ahead and apply to the world's best schools. Who knows, you may get in. Show your potential. Live up to your potential.

Marshall University does an excellent job providing an education to traditional students who know what they want out of there education. Marshall is a very good choice for the pursuit of a credential, offering a solid curriculum and knowledgeable faculty. Making connections, networking, and seeking advice requires motive on the part of the student. The faculty are easy to approach, but rarely extend a hand unless asked too. If you are outgoing, driven, and you know what you want in life and how to get it, Marshall is the place for you. They can take you there.

As a non-traditional student myself, my frustration with Marshall was the inflexibility of their scheduling. Getting a schedule that allowed me to work and be a father was a challenge and I had little help from my individual professors working out alternative arranges for various activities and situations. Often classes are offered once per year at an inconvenient time, unless your a traditional student with school being your foremost priority. Schedule flexibility becomes worse as your progress making it feel impossible to get through school in a reasonable time frame.

Brianna

In all honesty, it really depends on the person but people are usually kind and hard-working.

College will be a place that you enjoy. Do not feel pressured into socializing. You will find an amazing friend in the person that will be your roommate. There will be ups and downs, but stick with your gut and you should be fine. However, I suggest buckling down and working hard academically. Do not get lazy. I know it is tempting, but it has really messed up our plans for the future. Also, apply for as many scholarships as possible. I unfortunately did not for the past two years and now, when I need the money the most, I do not have a single dollar. Work hard to go to Japan. You'll definitely make it!

The people that attend this school should be people that enjoy a smaller community. The classes only have about 20-40 people in them. Most of the people here are kind, so anyone that wants a friendly environment should arrive. There is a moderate focus on academics, but you definitely need to stay on your toes academically.

Estrella

Hey, I know you want to take a year off before you start college, but dont do it! You will find college far more interesting and challegning which i know is what you want. I know you dont know what you want to major in right now but you should still go to college and get all your prerequisites done! Soon enough you will know what you want your major to be and you will be so stoked and excited for your future. The sooner you go college the sooner you will be working at your dream job and making the world a better place! Go to College now and you wont regret it!

Alanah

My classmates at Marshall are some of the most intelligent, thoughtful, and kind people I have ever met.

The advise that I would give myself would be to not room with your best friend. I thought since we spent all that time together anyway, that it wouldn't matter. I would also tell myself to apply for scholarships as if my life depended on it, it suits to say that it does in a way too. I would tell myself not to take things so seriously, but not to be too lenient on my class work. I would say that it is important to have fun in college, or you will get burnt out faster than a match in a wind storm.

I wish I would have known about the events that happen on campus. There are so many opportunities to get involved at Marshall, but not a lot of exposure to them. I also wish I would have known that rooming with your best friend is not the greatest idea in the world!

Sumur

Don't wait, don't be lazy, no one is going to hand you anything Sumur, you have to apply and keep applying. This is something that I didn't understand as a high school senior. I thought "with my GPA, all these schools should come crawling to me", boy was I wrong. Colleges don't come crawling, they send out emails and such to let you know that they exist, but that's about it. And so I kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting until i didn't have any time left to make an educated decision as to where I wanted to go, I just went to the college that my father pushed me towards. If i could go back in time I would share my story with myself, stressing that the longer one waits, the harder it gets and hope that I would listen.

I consider the best thing about the school is it's location. Marshall is located in a small town that doesn't have a lot of attractions surrounding it which makes it easy to focus on school.

I would brag that Marshall has a beautiful campus. It's all outside and spread out so walks to class are filled with views of trees, sunshine, and the occasional rain storm.

Allison

My school is a diverse learning atmosphere that has extreemly helpful and caring people, all on a safe, beautiful campus.

I would tell myself to never forget who i was and dont be afraid to meet new people and try new things. Don't be afriad to stand out because its ok if some people don't like you because some people will. Also dont bring so many clothes, doorm rooms are small and can not hold so many clothes.

The worst thing about my school is the website. Sometimes it gets confusing trying to find important information you need. Signing up for classes and dorm rooms gets confusing because of all the steps.

Savonna

Marshall is a mid-sized university in the middle of Huntington, WV.

Marshall is a mid-sized university in the middle of Huntington, WV.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would first be sure to repeat the words "get involved, do not sit around". I highly consider finding out what is going on around campus and join a sports team, sorority, club or organization. Do not pass by the opportunities that are given. Those are also great ways to make a lot of friends. But at the same time, you need to keep up on your school work and attend class regularly. Falling behind can cause you to stress and become overwhelmed. Most importantly, never give up! Times may get hard, classes may not seem so easy but take advantage of the tutoring system that is available. Never be afraid to ask for help, there are many options and a lot of people willing to work with you so that you have a good understanding.

I wish I would have known how hard it was to get invovled around campus.

Miranda Gabrielle

Living in a small community, I always felt like a faceless person in a crowd of thousands. Average. Moving to the U.S. and suddenly becoming a minority made me realize I couldn’t blend in even if I wanted. And what else was I to do but own the spot light? It took three years to reach my full potential. I would tell myself to never hold back. That would lead to making many mistakes, but it’s learning from our failures that determines how successful we will be in the future. I would tell myself to be responsible, think critically. Lessons can only get us so far if we survive long enough to apply them. It took one night of irresponsible drinking to change my life in a major way. But I was determined to move forward and did so by applying my vigor into academics and work. I don’t regret my mistakes. They’ve encouraged me to work harder. I wouldn’t have accomplished so much without them. It’s not the end of the world to disappoint the people around you. It becomes an opportunity to show them that you can accomplish anything.

Marshall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.