Huntington, WV
Marshall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marshall University

Renita

My school is the perfect combination of smaller classes, newer technology, and experienced teachers.

My classmates were usually enjoyable and engaging people.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, myself probably wouldn’t listen. Although intelligence is a blessing it is almost always accompanied by an equivalent ignorance. However, the path we take to enlightenment of any sort is a life experience and should be seen as such. Since high school, I have learned the things I was so determined to accomplish turned out to be like blinders to the things I was missing out on. Given the opportunity to attempt to explain this to my 18 year old self would be an interesting challenge. Luckily, I know she isn’t afraid to question, explore, or fight for what she knows is right for us; and that her journey for righteousness will most certainly be a rewarding venture.

For me, the school size is just right. You can walk across the whole campus in around ten minutes. Perfect for when you are running late! When I tell people, who are not familiar with Marshall, that I go to there have usually have never heard it and only recognize it when I familiarize them about the movie We Are Marshall they respond "oh yeah!" I spend most of my time on campus in Smith hall just because I am in the nursing program and all of the classes are usually held there. My freshman year I hung around the fountain that is a great place to meet people. There is a lack of communication is seems at Marshall between buildings because when looking for answers you are usually told go ask this person or you get told different information from different buildings. What I really hate about the campus is that a lot of people smoke and the sidewalks are not very big so if you are walking behind someone who is smoking you usually are hacking the whole way to class because of the smoke. There is school pride to an extent, when the team starts to lose the student section fades away.

A lot of my professors know my name! All the teachers I have had have generally been very kind and personal. Studying depends on your major, from what I have observed, education majors usually never studying while nursing majors are studying all the time. Education at Marshall, specifically the nursing program is about learning and getting a job. The classes seem to try to prepare us to pass the NCLEX while generally trying to get us to retain information and know the pathophysiology of the patients we care for.

I think there may be a country or red-neck stereotypical view at Marshall just because of the fact that it is in West Virginia. Regarding the students, yes there are cliques and everyone has their own friends but what I've found at Marshall is that everyone is very kind and welcoming. There are jocks, frat kids, yeagers, and those of us who are just there to get our degree. I would say that there is no specific stereotype to the students of Marshall.

Briana

Marshall University is amazing! It's located in Huntington, WV, which is a small city and complete college town. The university is located above the heart of the city, but once you're on campus, you'd never believe you're in the middle of a city. School pride is off the charts, and it's a great atmosphere.

There's a little everything at Marsall. The athletics department is a big part of the school, and the Campus Christian Center usually has something going on as well. There are tons of things to do around campus; for example, there's a nice coffeeshop right on the corner, and a shopping center right down the street, as well as a park.

The students at Marshall are very friendly and welcoming. There's always something going on, and everyone's invited.

Academics at Marshall are amazing as well. The campus is personal enough that you can really get close to your professors and make friends with them. The classes are a little difficult, but you learn so much.

There really aren't any stereotypes at Marshall. Everyone kind of just meshes together and gets along.

Madison

Best campus in West Virginia! The professors are amazing. I would recommend this university to anyone.

My classmates are very diverse. We have people from all around the world. I have never attended a place quite like Marshall. We have diversity from students to professors. It is a very dominate part of what Marshall is about. With all the diversity you would expect some conflict and cliques, of course those are unavoidable, but everyone accepts eachothers differences. It is like everyone at Marshall gets to be the minority.

Madison(The High School Student), High school is the easiest thing you will ever do in your entire life! Deal with the meaningless quizzes, homework, and tests and get good grades. Colleges base your intellegence off how you did in high school. Also, apply for as many scholaships as you possibly can. Don't worry about decidingon a major, you will change your mind about 100 times. Don't sweat the small things in high school, because your in for an awakening when you get to college. Your pillow and you will no longer have a relationship, instead you new friend, the library, will take care of you from now on. Apply for classes ahead of time. Studying will become a part of you lifestyle because the old high school "studying the period before your tests method" does not work anymore. Good Luck, Madison (The College Student)

Kimberli

I have been in college for over six years and I have learned so much more than I ever thought I could. I have had four different majors and while that has taken a lot of time and a lot of money, it has given me a well-rounded education. I have become much more outgoing, more passionate and more well spoken. I have made friendships that will last a lifetime. My time in college has not only taught me information on subjects relevant to my classes, but information that can help me for the rest of my life. Even if I never get a job in my chosen field, I feel like I have learned priceless academic and life lessons in college. The interactions I have had with faculty, fellow students and active members of my community are invaluable to me.

There aren't many bad things about my school. I'd say the worst thing would be the lack of ability to get through a 4-year degree in 4 years. There are just so many classes that you have to take to graduate, it's dificult for most people to finish on time.

The most frustrating thing about my school is probably the amount of money that the sports department gets. There is no need for the basketball locker rooms to have flat screen televisions when art students are forced to spend over $700 for a photography class.

Kara

While my fellow classmates planned for their futures during high school, I procrastinated and put off planning my own. I offered words of encouragement and advice telling them they would succeed at whatever they put their minds to, but I never thought about what I would do with my own life. Seeing as I needed to seriously consider a school for my future, I then turned to Macomb Community College as the college I would spend the next few years of my life. Whoever says community college is not worth while has clearly never looked into the value and education it brings to an individual. I have met so many interesting people, of all ages, and the education I am getting costs less and is of equal value to a university. I feel safe and comfortable in the friendly neighborhood that houses this beautiful and easily navigable campus. The professors are easy to communicate with and are very understanding. MCC provides a variety of classes, as well as relatively small class sizes that allow the professors to communicate with all of their students. The material is presented in a manner that is reasonable and fair.

Brooke

Marshall provides an great atmosphere for students to focus on academics.

Marshall provides an great atmosphere for students to focus on academics.

Marshall has provided me with the oppurtunity to continue my education. I am a single mother and many colleges are not focused on helping untraditional students. I am recieving a quality education that will in turn provide my son with a better life. The degree that I plan to graduate with will enable to haave a steady income. This will allow my son to have a better life than that of most children of single parents. This is all thanks to Marshall Univeristy. They have helped me schedule classes that a time that worked for me and my son. THey have also helped me with paying for college. The degree I will recieve from Marshall will advance my life and, more importantly, my son's life in ways most people can not imagine.

The financial aid is not released until days before the semester starts.

Shelby

My classmates are all different, including bookworms, partiers, musicians, artist and religious people

Many people that I graduated with all decided to go to the same school and commute, but me and one other friend of mine decided to kind of go outside of our box and go somewhere a little farther. It has taught me a lot about indivduality, responiblity, study habits, and respect in general. I have met a ton of different people to help me succeed in anything that I want to do, whether it involves school work, clubs, or activites in general. I am a big participate in the musical aspect of Marshall University, including Marching Band, Glee Club, Symphonic Band, University Chorus, and Pep Band for basketball games and the full aspect of it all really seems to have made me a better person all around. Me being a Medical Imaging major participating in other things not dealing in the medical field has made me a well-rounded individual.

There really isn't anything that I really dislike about my school. The only thing that I could complain about is effort to not have as many forgien professors. I had two forgien professors that I had a lot of difficulties understanding and learning within the classroom. Every thing else at Marshall Univeristy seems to suit me very well.

Nateese

My college experience so far has been great. I have connected with many people on campus and made many friends. The professors are great and care about your education. It has been valuable to attend because there is always a friendly face, and there is always someone willing to help you reach your goals.

Any person of any background can attend this school and succeed.

I brag about how the campus has a great atmosphere. I also tell them about how well people on campus interact with each other and the professors.

Zedikiah

My college experience has been an eye opener for me. I feel as though I was freed from an unsightly side of me called ignorance and that i get to indulge my child-like curiousity for greater knowledge. Everyday I get to see many diverse groups of college students get together commune in a higher manner that never occured to them or not very often. The very atmosphere feels as though it were meant to stimulate and inspire one from his or her own mind and to liberate each from twelve years of a repressed government institution. I love how the my college does much to make student life so interesting by holding events like Food From Around The World, free broadway show for students, and Pops Concert. There is so much life and human interaction here at the campus; a phenomena that you don't too much outside of any universities. Overall, I love my community college and I see myself going far thanks to Edison State College's awesome support and resources. I AM EDISON STATE COLLEGE!

Marshall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.