Huntington, WV
Marshall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marshall University

Donald

My college experience has been a pleasant one at the moment. Since attending the university, I have been able to gain a sense of accomplishment and self-worth. Everyday I wake up I realize how lucky I am to have made it into college. I am glad I reached this point in my life as others may never get here. I have become more social than I ever have been and as such I have gained many new friendships. All that goes through my mind now is the thought of me earning my degree in Computer Science and being able to acquire a career in order to start my own family. Overall I believe I have gained many new life experiences since attending my university and I would not change anything about the decisions I made to get to this point.

I consider the best thing about Marshall to be the staff. Every staff member there is friendly and the professors are always willing to help you if you are struggling in their class.

I wish I would have known how many students actually attend Marshall University. The amount of students that are there is more than I originally imagined.

Valerie

My college experience thus far has been far more than an educational oppertunity for my family and myself. For the past four years, I have been a homemaker for two beautiful and very impressional little girls. Though that experience was very rewarding and fufilling, I wanted to make a positive difference in other people's lives, and want to pass that value to my girls. I want this experiance to be beneficial for myself, but most of all beneficial to my girls. It is also important for me to show them how to be self-sufficiant, and depend on no one in the future but themselves. They were not the only one's I had to prove that too. It was also important that I believed that after five years of being out of school that I was smart enough to attend college and hopefully obtain a degree in nursing. I'm certain that when my children come to an educational crossroad they will reflect on my performance, to take the next step. So college is most definately having a positive impact on my present, and know for a fact it will have a great impact on their future.

Learned to be a responsible adult and discipline myself to do well and earn an accredited education while also meeting new people and enhance social skills Would highly recommend it!

Anyone that wants an education

Marshall University is a welcoming school to attend

Marshall University is a welcoming school to attend

I have learned to have independence and self discipline. Living on campus has given me confidence and has taught me many important life skills.

rey

It has help me realize that many more doors open for me. Now that I'm getting my education more employers are willing to interview and offer me jobs. It also has help me set an example for my daughter, that if I can go back and graduate school, she can do anything that she sits her mind too. thank you

Rebekka

Having been in the workforce for over 8 years now with an A.A. degree, I've come to realize how valuable my secondary education has been. It prepared me for real word experience and also set me up to excel in my current career. One very important experience I gained in college was learning how to better manage my time and how to work with others in group activites and projects. In deciding to go back to college, I plan on expanding my knowledge and hopefully open up new opportunities. In pursuit of my nursing degree, the knowledge I hope to learn my professors will be invaluable when it comes time for me to enter the work force as a Nurse. I will be able to learn from their real experiences and be better prepared.

Casey

During my years at Marshall University, I definitely learned a great deal about self expression. My degree was in Fine Art/ Visual art, and even though I specialized in Photography, I feel that I learned a great deal about the other avenues of the art field. The college experience, for me, was an enjoyable one, full of friendship and opportunities. I was given a chance to work closely with others in my field, including professionals, and also a chance to exhibit my work proudly. Numerous opportunities were given to all students to network and branch out into the "real world" of art. Overall, I believe that out of my years in school, I gained not only the skills necessary to succeed in my field, I also gained the confidence to move forward, to go ahead on my own and to become the professional I always dreamed of becoming.

Parking and funding for the art programs. Too much focus is placed on the graphic design area, when they also have excellent photography, painting and printmaking degrees.

Jason

Learn how to study! I never had to study in high school and got by with good grades. In college you gotta learn how to study because if you don't then you will fail a lot of tests.

That it isn't very far away from home. It only takes me about 30 minutes to drive here. My schedule is flexible so I can come down here in the mornings then go home and work in the evenings.

Anyone can attend this school. There are programs for everyone. We have a great nursings school, business school, and many other schools.

Brandon

Marshall is a school in which learning is cherished and progress is key.

Marshall is a school in which learning is cherished and progress is key.

I believe that I would tell myself to not let anything get in the way of academic goals. I say to not let extracurricular and social activities be more important than academics. Keep my goal and mind and never give up on it.

I believe that it is not as personal between teachers and students as I would like. It seems that in some classes where there are 40 plus students I am not recognized as I should be.

Deven

If I could start college all over again, I would apply for every scholarship I was eligible to win. In most cases all it costs to apply is time, not money. I would also keep up my grades, because I lost my biggest scholarship due to slipping in that department. Thirdly, I wouldn't have put as much pressure on myself to graduate in four years. As one of the few in my family to go to college, I felt an incredible amount of pressure to knock college out of the park by getting out in the standard amount of time. However, had I graduated in 2008, I would not have had the opportunity to intern for a television show and a big-city newspaper, both of which are taking place this academic year. Those look much better on a resume than just the clips from academia. Finally, I would have participated in more than just one campus organization. I will always love the campus radio station, as it allowed me to win many national awards and meet great, new people. However, there is much more to this world--and this campus--than broadcasting.

Those who like a laid-back, small-town lifestyle disguised in a city setting will love Marshall University and the surrounding community. Many who visit the state note that the people here are among the nicest they've ever met. Those who need to speak with a professor will also like it here, as Marshall's small class sizes mean more one-on-one opportunities. The university may refer to you as a number, but most of the individual departments know you by name.

If you like an active lifestyle with many options for entertainment, then Marshall is most definitely not the place for you. Also, those who want to experience foreign cultures will be highly disappointed. There are people from all over the country--and around the world--at Marshall, but the sampling is so small that it's difficult for outsiders to fully immerse themselves in foreign life.

Marshall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.