Huntington, WV
Marshall University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marshall University

Shelby

My classmates are all different, including bookworms, partiers, musicians, artist and religious people

Many people that I graduated with all decided to go to the same school and commute, but me and one other friend of mine decided to kind of go outside of our box and go somewhere a little farther. It has taught me a lot about indivduality, responiblity, study habits, and respect in general. I have met a ton of different people to help me succeed in anything that I want to do, whether it involves school work, clubs, or activites in general. I am a big participate in the musical aspect of Marshall University, including Marching Band, Glee Club, Symphonic Band, University Chorus, and Pep Band for basketball games and the full aspect of it all really seems to have made me a better person all around. Me being a Medical Imaging major participating in other things not dealing in the medical field has made me a well-rounded individual.

There really isn't anything that I really dislike about my school. The only thing that I could complain about is effort to not have as many forgien professors. I had two forgien professors that I had a lot of difficulties understanding and learning within the classroom. Every thing else at Marshall Univeristy seems to suit me very well.

Nateese

My college experience so far has been great. I have connected with many people on campus and made many friends. The professors are great and care about your education. It has been valuable to attend because there is always a friendly face, and there is always someone willing to help you reach your goals.

Any person of any background can attend this school and succeed.

I brag about how the campus has a great atmosphere. I also tell them about how well people on campus interact with each other and the professors.

Zedikiah

My college experience has been an eye opener for me. I feel as though I was freed from an unsightly side of me called ignorance and that i get to indulge my child-like curiousity for greater knowledge. Everyday I get to see many diverse groups of college students get together commune in a higher manner that never occured to them or not very often. The very atmosphere feels as though it were meant to stimulate and inspire one from his or her own mind and to liberate each from twelve years of a repressed government institution. I love how the my college does much to make student life so interesting by holding events like Food From Around The World, free broadway show for students, and Pops Concert. There is so much life and human interaction here at the campus; a phenomena that you don't too much outside of any universities. Overall, I love my community college and I see myself going far thanks to Edison State College's awesome support and resources. I AM EDISON STATE COLLEGE!

Donald

My college experience has been a pleasant one at the moment. Since attending the university, I have been able to gain a sense of accomplishment and self-worth. Everyday I wake up I realize how lucky I am to have made it into college. I am glad I reached this point in my life as others may never get here. I have become more social than I ever have been and as such I have gained many new friendships. All that goes through my mind now is the thought of me earning my degree in Computer Science and being able to acquire a career in order to start my own family. Overall I believe I have gained many new life experiences since attending my university and I would not change anything about the decisions I made to get to this point.

I consider the best thing about Marshall to be the staff. Every staff member there is friendly and the professors are always willing to help you if you are struggling in their class.

I wish I would have known how many students actually attend Marshall University. The amount of students that are there is more than I originally imagined.

Valerie

My college experience thus far has been far more than an educational oppertunity for my family and myself. For the past four years, I have been a homemaker for two beautiful and very impressional little girls. Though that experience was very rewarding and fufilling, I wanted to make a positive difference in other people's lives, and want to pass that value to my girls. I want this experiance to be beneficial for myself, but most of all beneficial to my girls. It is also important for me to show them how to be self-sufficiant, and depend on no one in the future but themselves. They were not the only one's I had to prove that too. It was also important that I believed that after five years of being out of school that I was smart enough to attend college and hopefully obtain a degree in nursing. I'm certain that when my children come to an educational crossroad they will reflect on my performance, to take the next step. So college is most definately having a positive impact on my present, and know for a fact it will have a great impact on their future.

Learned to be a responsible adult and discipline myself to do well and earn an accredited education while also meeting new people and enhance social skills Would highly recommend it!

Anyone that wants an education

Marshall University is a welcoming school to attend

Marshall University is a welcoming school to attend

I have learned to have independence and self discipline. Living on campus has given me confidence and has taught me many important life skills.

rey

It has help me realize that many more doors open for me. Now that I'm getting my education more employers are willing to interview and offer me jobs. It also has help me set an example for my daughter, that if I can go back and graduate school, she can do anything that she sits her mind too. thank you

Rebekka

Having been in the workforce for over 8 years now with an A.A. degree, I've come to realize how valuable my secondary education has been. It prepared me for real word experience and also set me up to excel in my current career. One very important experience I gained in college was learning how to better manage my time and how to work with others in group activites and projects. In deciding to go back to college, I plan on expanding my knowledge and hopefully open up new opportunities. In pursuit of my nursing degree, the knowledge I hope to learn my professors will be invaluable when it comes time for me to enter the work force as a Nurse. I will be able to learn from their real experiences and be better prepared.

Casey

During my years at Marshall University, I definitely learned a great deal about self expression. My degree was in Fine Art/ Visual art, and even though I specialized in Photography, I feel that I learned a great deal about the other avenues of the art field. The college experience, for me, was an enjoyable one, full of friendship and opportunities. I was given a chance to work closely with others in my field, including professionals, and also a chance to exhibit my work proudly. Numerous opportunities were given to all students to network and branch out into the "real world" of art. Overall, I believe that out of my years in school, I gained not only the skills necessary to succeed in my field, I also gained the confidence to move forward, to go ahead on my own and to become the professional I always dreamed of becoming.

Parking and funding for the art programs. Too much focus is placed on the graphic design area, when they also have excellent photography, painting and printmaking degrees.

Marshall University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.