New Ulm, MN
Martin Luther College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Martin Luther College

Joshua

Martin Luther College is a private college that specializes in education and becoming a pastor of the Lutheran faith.

I would tell myself to take school a little more seriously and not try to just slide by with the bare minimum. I probably would tell myself to take a few more college courses and dual credit classes.

There are very few things that are bad about this college. The staff is great, the college gives you a course plan that has pretty much everything you need to do laid out for you, and the campus atmosphere is very freindly. The only things there are to comlain about is the food the cafeteria serves and, like every student, the homework. I suppose the worst things about this college are the dormitories. They are getting old and kind of look bad, but are well kept up and are not bad to live in.

Rebecca

I would tell myself is to listen to my dad when he told me to apply for scholarships right away, and apply for as many scholarships that I can. Waiting to apply can is one of the worst things, because may have to take out many more loans than you may want. As for the transition to college life I would let myself know that I would be getting homesick and that it was something that I should try to not let get to me, and to just find ways to keep myself busy. Another thing is that college classes are in some ways similar to high school classes, except you need to learn to study, the tests in college are harder then you may think. Besides these few things I don?t really think that I would change anything else about my college life.

Well Martin Luther College is a WELS (Wisconsin Evangelical Luthern Synod) school, so anyone who isn't a WELS Lutheran shouldn't come. Also this school is mainly for people who want to be teachers, pastors, and staff ministry.

I don't really have anything big to brag about. It's just like a normal school, except that we have religion classes

A God centered school that provides the best education for future pastors, teachers and staff ministers.

Searching for the right school can be a very difficult thing to do. Students should have in mind what they think is important in a school . Students should make a list to help compare what it was they need or want in schools. Students should also do their homework. Difficult as it may be for college students college is about learning for the future and for getting a job, especially in this economy.

It is in a smaller area so there is not quite as much for students to do on weekends . The town is small and places close early.

Debbie

Students need to reflect upon themselves and find out what they enjoy doing. From there they need to look for a college that focuses on those interests. Get as much information on the college or colleges that you find and read up on them so you can make an honest and good decision. To make the most of a college experience I would say the best way to do this is to have students pay for as much of their tuition as they can on their own. It becomes more personal that way. Students are more likely to focus and do a better job then, because if they don't it is their money that they are waisting and not someone elses. It also gives a person a taste of what it is like to be on your own, but you still have that family base to fall on when it is needed. Another thing that will help a student make the most of college is getting as involved as possible without grades getting bad. The more active you are in extra curriculars, the more you will feel a part of the school. It also helps as a homework break.

More detial on what was expected for field experiences, as well as how much field experience is required.

The lack of communication when something really important happens. The fact that students have to dig so much just to get part of an answer. Especially for things that are concerning their own education and course through the school.

I would advise parents and students to look for the college or university that best fits them, a college where they feel the most comfortable and have the most opportunities to do what they think they want to do. Make the most of your years in college. Study, but don't spend your whole life studying or you will miss out on the wonderful friendships you make during your college years.

A person who is dedicated to serving their Lord, who is enthusiastic about ministry.

A person who is not dedicated to serving their Lord, who just skates through life, who has no interest in the public ministry.

Anna

MLC is a friendly Christian environment where you can meet great friends and learn how to teach children with Christ as the center of their lives.

Look for a college that supports the values you find important. A school where you can get the help and support you need through your studies and your personal life will be very helpful throughout your college career.

I love that at the center of everything we do, Christ is our focus.

Adam

Be open. Your student might not know exactly what they want to do, and that's okay. If they decide they want to switch colleges to figure out what they want to do, let them. Also, college for many, is a huge step toward being independent. Let your student be independent. College is about studying for what you want to do in life. It's a big desicion. Parents should offer advice and insight, but overall it has to be the students choice. Students should think about what they enjoy doing. There's a college out there for everything these days. If you can't enjoy the career that you chose to study, then....well...............why wouldn't you want to enjoy your career?

The surrouding town is small, and there is not much excitement, unless you really go out and try to find some.

I have very close friends since we are all studying to enter into the public ministry.

Abby

There are so many choices to be made: what school to go, what major to decide, what meal plan! Just take a deep breathe! There are many students who go through these decisions. What you want to do is talk to other students from different universities and different majors to see what fits you. If you choose wrong that is okay! College is a time for change! I have transfered schools once and I have changed majors three times! Even with all this change I am still on the right track and becoming even closer to my goal of becoming a teacher (even though I didn't know I wanted to do this at first). Talk things out! Have fun, it's college, you only get this experience once in your life. So make the most of it.

Before coming to this school, I had thought there would be a lot of cliques and what not, and trust me there are, but after being here for a while I see now that they are friendly and I just have to put myself out there.

Someone who knows they want to be a teacher or a pastor in the WELS. This person must understand that MLC is a small school as well.

Corrine

Don't overbook yourself, but still get involved! Find friends who will study with you and have similar academic goals. :)

It is far away from a large city--two hours. I am used to living in Milwaukee, so coming here was a big adjustment.

I love the people here. I have made so many great friends through this experience. Also, future job security it unprecedented. It is rare when a person doesn't get a job right after graduation.

Teacher and Pastor Training

Teacher and Pastor Training

Do what is right for you. Do not base your opinion on what everyone else says. You need to go to school for what fits you. Pray about your future and what fits you best, and trust that God will help you make the right decision based that.

Martin Luther College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.