Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Marymount California University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount California University

Jaob

Marymount California University has a phenomenal view. It was love at first sight. The class sizes are great, which makes it perfect if you don't understand what's being taught. You could contact the professors and they'll assist you. There's also tutoring opportunity's. The environment around campus is a nice calm and suttle scene.

Wency

My overall rating for this school is a 4. The campus itself is very nice, has an amazing view of Catalina Island, which overall gives the campus a nice aesthetic. The professors are always willing to help you when needed, you can either call, text, email or talk​ during office hours.

Marymount has a great science department; however, there are a lot of problems with Marymount and if it weren't for the science department and the professors in this department, I would not be at Marymount. The class sizes are small so it is very one on one with professors which is really nice.

Zoe

Marymount is a small college. That is both a good thing and a bad thing. The good news is, every body knows each other. The students are familiar with each other, the teachers all know you, the staff, including the shuttle drivers, will always remember your face. The bad news? Everyone knows each other. If you get into some kind of scandalous drama at the dorms or somewhere on campus, everyone is bound to know about it. Everyone is going to know your name. Also, the new president that moved in in the Spring term of 2017 is making budget cuts left and right. He's focusing more on aesthetic of the school, but not on the education of the students. However, if you are a business or a psychology major, you're in luck because Marymount loves those types of students and makes sure they receive the best education possible. However, if you're an art student, besides majoring in photography, you should avoid this school. Marymount buys all sorts of equipment and has a ton of internships and opportunities for its photography students, but not for any other art major. With the others, the curriculum in general seems very basic, and you're not getting as much as much as you paid for in terms of education. I should also point out that besides photography, there is very little network here, so good luck getting into the industry!

Kenley

Marymount California University is best known for their international students and their hands-on attention from staff to students. A vast majority of Marymount students are international, and it is highly visible - mostly Asian. And Marymount excells in the staff to student ratio. Most professors know their students by name, and they are not just a face in a crowd. That is a benefit of being a small school.

You will not end up where you want to be, but it will be okay. Plans change, and some colleges choose other people, but you will be great where you end up. That boy that is in your life will not be there once college starts, but that is okay too. College starts a new chapter in your life, and you meet new people that open up doors you could not even imagine. It's okay not to know who you are or what you are going to be, but hopefully someday you will, because in March of your freshman year at college, you still won't know what you wanna do with your life. There's time. Live in the now and enjoy your friends and being so close to your family. You willl get homesick, but your mom is only a phone call away. Give her extra hugs and make more great memories with her while you're still at home. You'll relish all those memories when you're apart from her.

Marymount California University is a very small school. A person looking for the "full college experience" should not go to this school. A person looking forward to going to football and basketball games should also not go here. Since it is a small university, sports are limited to lacrosse, soccer, and golf. If someone not like small environments with limited college experience, one should not attend this school.

Allison

Marymount College is best known as a small college. It expanded recently from a two year college into a four year college. It is currently expanding to offer some Master degrees. They are best known as a liberal arts schools with offers small classes where teachers develop working relationships with students.

I have gone back to school because after my current life experiences I have learned an invaluable lesson. If you want to better yourself you have to first lay the foundation in order to do so. When I first finished high school, I thought I knew everything and felt that I did not need a college degree. I did not appreciate what my parents were trying to tell me so I left home. I ended up marrying a soldier I thought was a good honorable man who ended up stealing from my family to support his drug habit. He left me and our new baby. Also my hourly job turned into a nightmare. After disputes with management, I quit. This all led to my decision that I needed to provide the best life I can for my son. In order to do this I need a college degree. I decided to major in psychology and pursue a career in counseling where I can help others who are going through the same things that I went through. At this point in my life, I am driven by my past experiences and there is no stopping me from completing this.

When I first started, Marymount called themselves the "Marymount Miracle". I didn't know what this was but I had actually witnessed this in my sister's experience here. Her attendance at Marymount is what influenced my decision to return to school. In high school she was a mediocre student but at Marymount she fluorished and became an honor student. I witnessed her transformation and I knew with the right help I too could be successful. I just completed my first semester and with their help I also had the best academic year of my life.

Karla

This school is extremely small. It has only 1,000 students compared to the 20k+ that the other schools had.

I would tell my former self that college is not as scary as it seems. That the classes are not as bad as I imagined they would be. I would also tell myself not to worry about making new friends. They will come and you will meet some life long friends.

The best thing about this school is the location and the small class sizes. I prefer to be in smaller classes where the teachers know you by name and you have a relationship with them.

Focus on what really matters and take life more seriously. One day you will have a family to support and without a college education you will be scrimping and saving wishing you would have done something with your life. Go to class, pay attention and ask many questions. Make sure you understand the assignment before you walk away only to realize you weren't paying attention at all, and beyond all else, take care of YOU . Don’t burn yourself out or try to so everything for everyone. You will have enough of that once you have your children.

A large majority of my classmates were shallow and simply in school to get a degree and land a job without taking advantage of the opportunities to expand their minds.

College self, I know that at this point it seems as though high school is a game of politics rather than a genuine measure of intelligence but to prove your intelligence you must play the game. High school is no time to rebel or prove yourself, you must be on the assembly line before you can have your own company. The work may seem pointless and tedious but you are smart enough to play this game and win. Once you have won this game, real life begins.

Campus security, inconsistency with professors, inadequate facilities, arrogant professors, incompetent residential life

Barbara

I would mainly give myself the advice to do more community service. I did this program at marymount with the boys and girls club and i absoluetly mised out on a lot of community and volunteer servcies. the kids were and are great and they teach you a lot. So if i could go back i would tell myself to expand my field in community service and attend the local boys and girls club to volunteer.

Everyone that can shoulf attend this school. Its fully adaptable and everyone who does go there is excitted and thrilled to be there. Marymount makes everything personal and thats what i mainly like about this school.

the limited sports that we have. I would like to see track and field team, baseball, football more so that students can be more involed and feel more connected

Marymount California University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.