Marymount Manhattan College

« See more reviews of Marymount Manhattan College

Since everything came easily to me in high school, I did not have to try much to get good grades. I wish I had pushed myself more academically, because the work from my classes was overwhelming at first. It was not particularly hard, there was just so much of it. I wish I had not underestimated the importance of time management and efficiency. I also wish I had known how hard it would be to start managing my own money. I am becoming better with it over time, but I wish I had started improving before I came here.

I wish I had known how much walking 32 blocks really is! I mean, I don't mind the fresh air every day, but it's hard enough getting up in the mornings--let alone having to walk so much just for a few classes. When I had visited the college my junior year of high school, it was snowing like crazy so Marymount rented out buses that took us to the school--we knew we had not even the slightest intimation as to exactly what we were in for, but all in all, I'm glad I chose Marymount!

Before coming to Marymount I wish I had know how much I needed to take charge of my academic path. I should have began with a stronger focus on academics and thought about which professors would be best for me. It's easy to get distracted in New York City, and I wish I had prepared myself better for eliminating distractions.

Before attending my freshmen year at Marymount, I wish I would have known more about scholarship opportunities that I could have applied for in high school.

I wish I had known just how stressful the combination of living in Manhattan and going to school here too is. But I still would have come to MMC.

I wish I had been more familiar with the city. It can be overwhelming. Also, I wish someone told me to try to participate more.

I wish i would have known the lack of community and the competitive nature of the school.

work hard to make friends within the first weeks of school

Lack of diversity and housing situations.