Marymount Manhattan College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Marymount Manhattan College

Rachael

Marymount Manhattan College is a great educational school for those looking into a career in the arts. While other majors are provided and are important, the student will not feel as tended to when watching the art's majors have more at their disposal.

Joelle

You can make your own major! Mine is actually business with a concentration in fashion studies and a minor in journalism

Morgan

Overall, Marymount itself is a good school. I love my professors, and the specific program i'm in is great. As for the student body, the school can't control that very much. Many of the students here are very ignorant, or just haven't adjusted to the college life yet, i'm not sure what it is - but they need to realize that we all go here for a reason, and that we all will most likely be going here for the next four years.

Paige

Small liberal arts college in the middle of Manhattan. I'll be so sad to leave when I graduate in May.

Tierany

My overall experience at Marymount Manhattan College had its ups and downs. Academics were amazing, the professors were always available when in need and the campus life was very safe and fun. This would be an awesome school to attend if you are interested in performing arts or liberal studies. However, if you are looking for the full college experience: sports, major events or a full campus you might want to check out other institutions. But, if you love the fast pace city life and you can afford to attend a private institution, this school may just be a great pick.

Maeve

I love this school! There are a lot of things of course that could improve, but overall it’s pretty great and no school is perfect, but they are working on it. Most of teachers are great and really care about you and your learning. I am about to be a sophomore and I know so much more then I did a year ago and I am so greatful.

Ethan

I am about to enter my second semester of my sophomore year and I can already tell that this school is going to change my entire life. In some ways it has. My first semester was very stressful and the change from high school to college seemed very scary to me. But, I have met some amazing friends, and an amazing, supportive group of teachers who are always there for me to keep me going.

Ragin

The college is very intimate which is great for the classroom setting. It allows students to interact with classmates and the professors to learn as much as possible. Although some students don't seem to be very motivated, there are also a lot of intelligent and creative young minds. The faculty for the most part is wonderful, only a few odd encounters with a rude librarian.

Olivia

Very artistic school with intense Dance and Theater training programs.

John

I have a love hate relationship with this school. I love my program (business) and the professors in that program. The classes are small and many if the business professor are still working in their fields! Many are adjunct and some also teach at NYU! However, the General Education quality is not that high. Not only do we have to take the basic Geneds, we have to take Advanced Interdisciplinary Perspective classes. They are ridiculous. One such class is an online class called “Greenwich Village”. Why am I taking an online class about Greenwich Village while I am in the city?? Additionally, people in this school can be very annoying, dramatic, and loud. People singing obnoxiously in the hallways, having Tourette like outbursts about political beliefs that differ from theirs, and engaging in petty, high-school like drama. I feel as if I am in a performance arts version of high school. People will gossip about you and rumors will be spread about you. Hell, in most cases your reputation precedes you. Students that don’t fit that bill tend to all band together to save their sanity. The food is okay yet over-priced. The dorms have INSANE rules about guests and other things. It is cheaper to rent an apartment than dorm. If you want to act like a normal college kid the dorms are going to be a little tough. Just don’t be ridiculous and obvious about it! And if you do come home drunk be careful because their ridiculous public intoxication policy will either get you written up or hospitalized. I’ve known of some people this has happened to. The RD’s and RA’s remind me of high school disciplinarians. How are we expected to mature if we are pratically being baby sat? Registration for classes is a massacre. Classes fill up and in some cases you won’t get into classes for your major. The school favors performance arts majors so there isn’t much class availability for non art majors. If it weren’t for the business program and the great professors I probably would have transferred by now, although I am still contemplating it. The area around the school and dorms is amazing. You will receive great internship opportunities if you take the initiative. I have begun to build a professional NYC network just with one internship! Overall, the business program is GREAT, the GenEd program is OKAY, and the community is AWFUL.

Katie

This is an amazing school and makes me feel at home every time. I will be attending this school in the fall and all the students seems to love it. The extracurricular activities seem very fun and I can't wait to join many of them. This has been my number one school since I went to open house in November.

Leah

I am currently a freshman at Marymount Manhattan College. Marymount is a private college that is very different from any other college that I have toured. First off, class sizes are between 18-20 students which gives the opportunity for professors to know all of their students names. Also, Marymount is a very diverse school where you can be yourself in a judgement free zone. No one ever feels like they have to hold back their true personalities because they're afraid of what others will think. Students are also friendly with one another and will help you find your way around school or ultimately, become your best friend throughout your college years. Marymount is also big on supporting the arts which is something that most colleges don't emphasize. There is dance, theatre, art and so much more with high end professors that will push you to reach your future goals. The school food is also well prepared and cooked with a variety of different options to choose from. There are vegan, gluten free, and vegetarian options along with just regular options. Also, there is a Starbucks inside of the school which is what I personally get every single day. Marymount Manhattan College has many positive aspects about it and is located in the safest area of New York City. There are so many opportunities around you and you will definitely never get bored if you come here. This college is the right way to go and will make sure you get scholarships to afford living in the big city!

Christina

The dance and theater department are really great and I highly recommend it, but the business department is lacking in so many ways. There is no community within the school and I am going to transfer out soon. The school is very good at marketing themselves, but fails to deliver its promises which is really disappointing. I was so excited for this school and would probably stay but due to some of their policies concerning the theater program, I cannot. I will however come back to the school to see their dance performance because they are absolutely amazing to watch.

Alliyah

I believe that Marymount college is a great opportunity to start my life. Its has so many personalities and a wide diverse of people. Manu of the students are friendly and would help you when needed. I barely saw bullying, which is amazing because, bullies are annoying. I wikd hate seeing thats when getting to classes.

MMC is a great college for those looking for an intimate, artistic, and independent experience. New York City is our campus and it is the best campus in the world. Marymount takes a priority in keeping us safe, focused, and informed in this ever-changing city. The school places a lot of emphasis on job placement and internships, which is extremely helpful and beneficial. It is not a perfect school, there is very little focus on majors that are unartistic which has caused discourse among students. Overall Marymount Manhattan is a quality school who supports its students.

Caeley

I really enjoy how inclusive it is! I also like the overall size of the school it is nice to be in a small setting in such a big city! The professors are very smart and love to teach us everything they can. I also made great friends that also love to help me learn.

Kytana