Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Maeve

I love Marymount! It's the perfect fit for me. Being at a small school with close friends is great! Everyone is genuinely nice and very helpful. The teachers want to see you graduate and are always willing to help. They have an interest in what you will be doing after college and want you to get there. Marymount is a really wonderful school and if I had found it my senior year of high school, I would have been at this school for all four years of college!

Caleb

Marymount is the most diverse university in Virginia and since it is relatively close to DC, it provides a lot of opportunities for students. Also Marymount requires an internship before one can graduate and this gives students hands on experience before graduating.

BrianaCheyann
MU

I love it

MU

I love it

Maddy
Small School in a Big City

Small School in a Big City

I love my life at Marymount! Everything from the amazing leadership and academic opportunities to the location to the amazing friendships, have made my time here something I will never forget!

Janice

I would tell myself to relax and not push so hard. I was such a Type A personality that I think I missed some things I shouldn't have because I was determined to succeed academically. As it turned out, I did very well academically, but I think I would have done just as well had I been a little more balanced. College offers more in the line of education than just academics!

Marymount is a small yet diverse university. There is much room to discover yourself and grow into the person you want to be. Marymount is a school where you can be an individual and stand out in the crowd, or blend in as you choose. The kind of person best suited for this university is one who has alot of drive and is not scared to step out their comfort zone - great rewards await those who do.

The School of Nursing is a bit behind the times. They are doing their best to catch up with the rest of the professional nursing world, but they still have a ways to go. In influx of "new blood" would benefit them greatly.

Hilliard

Students don't participate or pay attention in class but always have issues with their professors.

I would tell high school self that college isn't as difficult as it is demanding, and that I will be able to adjust to college a lot easier by improving my work ethic, mainly by not procrastinating. I would also tell myself to get into a habit of going to sleep when I'm tired so I can perform at my best and so I won't ever feel like I have to skip an early class. Lastly, I would tell myself to connect with more students over the summer because college is easier when you have a lot of friends who can help you out with different things.

Makayla

Time management is important in college. I would start practicing that in high school. I would stop procrastinating because it will make things a lot harder in college.

I like me school a lot. There's nothing at Marymount University that frustrates me.

Nadin

I believe my school is a little too small. Since it is a private school, we have a lot of events though. I still believe the school should focus more on career fairs than lunches and parties. The President and Deans are always available to the students and we all get to meet each one of them. It is located in Arlington, close to Washington D.C.

It is a very mixed school with many international students and students from different cultures.

Most popular groups are business groups like SIFE.

Since it is a small school, professors do care about the students and know most of their names.

The stereotype is Christians, prude and geeky. I go to a Catholic, private school. I do not agree with the stereotype and think everyone is very nice and the faculty and stuff very helpful.

Ashlyn

Marymount is a small inviting community that has ample opportunity for it's tudents on campus and in D.C.

As a senior in high school I had dreams of going to a large college where class sizes reached one hundred fifty people, planned to be near my friends, and attend school where I could easily recognize a face. Unfortunately my academic scores showed that I needed individual attention in the classroom, because of the needed attention some advice I could give myself then is to let go of the big dream and accept what will benefit my education. When I applied to Marymount Universlity I had only the knowledge that my program was very popular and one of the best in the country. When it came time to choose my roommate I chose blindly and that alone brought many challenges. My roommate from Florida and I from Michigan gave us each different outlooks of society, mine liberal her more conservative. Advice that I would give myself going into this experience is that not everyone has the same tolereance and acceptance for different cultures and beliefs as I do, but it does not mean that their view and opinion is right. I hope that this advice would be taken and projected toward all aspects of transition into college.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who would benefit from the attention and one on one contact of their professor. Someone who would also enjoy the connection between the school and the Arilington community, a student who will take advantage of the resources that the school has to offer including clubs designated to specific majors and career and interniship help at the Ballston location. Someone who is serious about their education and will put in the same time and effort as the professor should attend Marymount University because it is a education that has value.

Brielle

Some of my classmates are more to-themselves than out-going.

Some of my classmates are more to-themselves than out-going.

The advice I would give to myself would be to look at more schools, not waiting to the last minute to apply, and search for scholarships earlier. I would have also told myself to make better studying habbits and to be more focus in school.

I'd wish that I knew about different ways to pay for my school.

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.