Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Zulma

Marymount University is a great school that provides a very diverse atmosphere for the entire student body. Students realize when attending this school you get to meet many different people from places all over the world. Everyone is really nice and accepting. You get to be exactly who you are and you can make friends easily.

Marymount University is known for it's great medical program as well as it's fashion program. It is a private school which gives students one on one time with professsors. Classes aren't as big as they would be at other schools so professor really do get to know the student which is very important.

Going from high school to college is a huge step most students take while others fail to achieve. The most common reason students do not go onto furthering their education after high school is the lack of funds or the financial circumstances in which they live in. If I could go back in time to my senior year I would tell myself that there is a lot of financial help out there, such as scholarships, grants, and loans and that I should take advantage of those opportunities being offered. Also that money should not be an issue in me getting a higher education. A lot of students do not realize that there is a lot of help being offered and for that reason money should not be an obstacle for anyone to accomplish their educational goals. If you have your mind set on something, determination is the key, it is the only way you will achieve all your goals. My main advice is that help and opportunity is always out there, you just have to go out there, find it and take advantage of it.

Ocean-Miracle

My school is best known for the Fashion& Nursing program, and the Woman's Basketball team.

I have gotten a wonderful experience out of college so far. This is my second semester in college and I love it. I love it because it helps me to be more independent. It really allows me to show myself that I can do it without someone always on my back telling me to do my work, or to study. College has been very valuable to attend because it provides me with a more stable and mature mind. It is also valuable because it provides me with the stepping stones to life and the career that I am going to pursue. College is a great experience, that I think everyone should at least try out.

I consider the diversity the best, simply because it shows the many different cultures here on campus.

Anna

I've gotten a very powerful sense of myself through my colelge experience. I've been called a "people pleaser" by my closest friends and family and as such I went to the college I thought my family wanted me to go to. I pursued a major in business for the same reason, all the while wanting a degree in art. Through some persuasion by my best friend I finally took a stand. I found my own voice and said no, I'm going to art school. Never having been able to believe in myself before this, making this choice is a huge achievement. I'm finally going after my own dream, not doing what I think everyone else wants me to do. And even more I believe I can do it. College has helped me find something to believe in, in myself.

nhai

The knowlege of science and the social work throughout college will be a foundation for future's professional career. College is not only provide a knowlege of science, but also improve social skills.

tina

I have researched many schools in the Birmingham area. My husband's job moves us frequently. I couldn't figure out why I was having a hard time finding an LPN job. I just recently found out that Alabama does not allow LPN to do assessments. This is fundamental to nursing. That is why Herzing's LPN mobility has been a blessing. Herzing will allow me to become an ADN in one year. This will allow me to get back on the floor. I am excited that Herzing will allow me to use my experience and to train me to be the best nurse. Nurses are needed all over America! Nursing is a calling. I have been an LPN for 25 years and am excited about finally going back to school. My family is excited, but they know this will be a challenging year. My classes begin this week. Herzing will take the least amount of time, increase my knowledge and allow me to become more marketable no matter where my husband's job takes us.

Gwynne

Because my major, B. S. Nursing, is very competitive, I've become very diligient and persistent in working to make good grades and actually learning in my classes in order to put myself at the top of the applicants list. Those qualities will help me to sell myself in order to advance in my career. I am especially glad that I took my classes seriously and worked to learn the material instead of merely memorizing random information just to get a grade. As a result, I scored high on my nursing entrance examinations and feel very prepared for nursing school. After all, I know I would not want a nurse who does not know what they are doing, so it's a good feeling to know that I'll be a competant nurse. The classes I took also helped me to see the world differently and to understand it better. Working while in college also helped me learn to time manage and budget--two skills that I know will help me when I'm an adult. College has helped me to grow up and prepare myself for the responsibilities and challenges of being an adult in the real world.

Patricia

My classmates are smart, dedicated individuals.

My classmates are smart, dedicated individuals.

When I first started college I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, but with every course, and every lesson learned, I slowly started walking down the right path. Not only do I now know what I want to do with my life, but Marymount and the people there have also helped me realize how important it is to stay on top of my game, stay focused and learn, learn, learn. The hard work I have put in in the past two years has started paying off, and I'm not even close to the finish line. I have plenty of goals I still want to achieve before graduation, and I honestly don't plan on giving up anytime soon. As for my choice in schools, I am more than happy about coming to Marymount. Starting with each and every professor, and ending with the food, I absolutely love it here!

A person that wants to go to a big school, or someone who just isn't interested in learning. Marymount is a school in which you really have to give your best in order to succeed!

DANNELLY

Attending college have rearranged me as a person increasing the need and desire to improve every aspect of my personality and life. I have taken my goals to further levels and learned that focus leads to achievement. Responsibility, the desire of learning, and being centered on the objective are the key to success. The primary reward I continue to receive on my journey thru college is realizing daily the importance of learning, studying, and seeking further education. What I feel when attending class and studying microorganisms is a satisfaction that fulfills every part of myself. Therefore, thru college I have realized the greatest values of my professional and personal life: loving more my career, devoting myself to learn and study, as well as growing as a more responsible, educated, and goal-centered individual. And all of this I receive to later on provide and assist the deprived with my knowledge and experience.

Marymount offered me small classroom sizes and greater one on one attention which helped me to flourish while I attended. The professors are genuine, and instilled in me a sense of pride which has carried me into graduate school. If Marymount had a doctoral level psychology graduate program I certainly would have stayed on after completing my undergrad, but instead I will carry Marymount on in spirit as I continue in my educational endevors.

The school is great - utilize the amazing library more!

Sylvia

My classmates are some of the most interesting people I have met, they come from different background and have different experiences to share.

If I knew then what I know now things would be so different. When I first got to college I was so scared to be away from friends and people that I saw all the time, that I had such a hard time getting out of my shell and making new friends. But if I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself not to get so dependent of my friends because we would go our separate ways. I thought that my friends would be around all the time but I had got a wakeup call when I arrived on campus. I was all alone without a friend in sight and it was my time to go out on my own and make friends. This simple task proved to be the hardest thing in the world for me. It had been such a long time that I had to make friends that I forgot how to. But with time and some self confidence I was able to leave my shell and make a couple of friends. I learned that friends aren?t always going to be around.

People that want a big school to get lost in should avoid this school because Marymount is a small school and it is very easy to see the same person at least five times within 2 hours. Marymount is a close knit family.

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.