Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Anna

I've gotten a very powerful sense of myself through my colelge experience. I've been called a "people pleaser" by my closest friends and family and as such I went to the college I thought my family wanted me to go to. I pursued a major in business for the same reason, all the while wanting a degree in art. Through some persuasion by my best friend I finally took a stand. I found my own voice and said no, I'm going to art school. Never having been able to believe in myself before this, making this choice is a huge achievement. I'm finally going after my own dream, not doing what I think everyone else wants me to do. And even more I believe I can do it. College has helped me find something to believe in, in myself.

nhai

The knowlege of science and the social work throughout college will be a foundation for future's professional career. College is not only provide a knowlege of science, but also improve social skills.

tina

I have researched many schools in the Birmingham area. My husband's job moves us frequently. I couldn't figure out why I was having a hard time finding an LPN job. I just recently found out that Alabama does not allow LPN to do assessments. This is fundamental to nursing. That is why Herzing's LPN mobility has been a blessing. Herzing will allow me to become an ADN in one year. This will allow me to get back on the floor. I am excited that Herzing will allow me to use my experience and to train me to be the best nurse. Nurses are needed all over America! Nursing is a calling. I have been an LPN for 25 years and am excited about finally going back to school. My family is excited, but they know this will be a challenging year. My classes begin this week. Herzing will take the least amount of time, increase my knowledge and allow me to become more marketable no matter where my husband's job takes us.

Gwynne

Because my major, B. S. Nursing, is very competitive, I've become very diligient and persistent in working to make good grades and actually learning in my classes in order to put myself at the top of the applicants list. Those qualities will help me to sell myself in order to advance in my career. I am especially glad that I took my classes seriously and worked to learn the material instead of merely memorizing random information just to get a grade. As a result, I scored high on my nursing entrance examinations and feel very prepared for nursing school. After all, I know I would not want a nurse who does not know what they are doing, so it's a good feeling to know that I'll be a competant nurse. The classes I took also helped me to see the world differently and to understand it better. Working while in college also helped me learn to time manage and budget--two skills that I know will help me when I'm an adult. College has helped me to grow up and prepare myself for the responsibilities and challenges of being an adult in the real world.

Patricia

My classmates are smart, dedicated individuals.

My classmates are smart, dedicated individuals.

When I first started college I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, but with every course, and every lesson learned, I slowly started walking down the right path. Not only do I now know what I want to do with my life, but Marymount and the people there have also helped me realize how important it is to stay on top of my game, stay focused and learn, learn, learn. The hard work I have put in in the past two years has started paying off, and I'm not even close to the finish line. I have plenty of goals I still want to achieve before graduation, and I honestly don't plan on giving up anytime soon. As for my choice in schools, I am more than happy about coming to Marymount. Starting with each and every professor, and ending with the food, I absolutely love it here!

A person that wants to go to a big school, or someone who just isn't interested in learning. Marymount is a school in which you really have to give your best in order to succeed!

DANNELLY

Attending college have rearranged me as a person increasing the need and desire to improve every aspect of my personality and life. I have taken my goals to further levels and learned that focus leads to achievement. Responsibility, the desire of learning, and being centered on the objective are the key to success. The primary reward I continue to receive on my journey thru college is realizing daily the importance of learning, studying, and seeking further education. What I feel when attending class and studying microorganisms is a satisfaction that fulfills every part of myself. Therefore, thru college I have realized the greatest values of my professional and personal life: loving more my career, devoting myself to learn and study, as well as growing as a more responsible, educated, and goal-centered individual. And all of this I receive to later on provide and assist the deprived with my knowledge and experience.

Marymount offered me small classroom sizes and greater one on one attention which helped me to flourish while I attended. The professors are genuine, and instilled in me a sense of pride which has carried me into graduate school. If Marymount had a doctoral level psychology graduate program I certainly would have stayed on after completing my undergrad, but instead I will carry Marymount on in spirit as I continue in my educational endevors.

The school is great - utilize the amazing library more!

Sylvia

My classmates are some of the most interesting people I have met, they come from different background and have different experiences to share.

If I knew then what I know now things would be so different. When I first got to college I was so scared to be away from friends and people that I saw all the time, that I had such a hard time getting out of my shell and making new friends. But if I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself not to get so dependent of my friends because we would go our separate ways. I thought that my friends would be around all the time but I had got a wakeup call when I arrived on campus. I was all alone without a friend in sight and it was my time to go out on my own and make friends. This simple task proved to be the hardest thing in the world for me. It had been such a long time that I had to make friends that I forgot how to. But with time and some self confidence I was able to leave my shell and make a couple of friends. I learned that friends aren?t always going to be around.

People that want a big school to get lost in should avoid this school because Marymount is a small school and it is very easy to see the same person at least five times within 2 hours. Marymount is a close knit family.

Victoria

My school is a private Catholic University. Marymount University has an accelerated BSN program that is 16 months longs for 2nd degree -seeking students. Although, the program is fast and compact, it provides more than enough opportunities for classroom and clinical experience. I have already completed one semester with ease due to the fact that the program is small. There is about ninety students in the 2nd degree program and we are divided into two sections. This allows for more interaction with fellow classmates and more one-on-one time with the professor.

I would have advised myself to not to feel obligated or confined to only one major area of interest and to take the time to really think about what suited me best. I started out as chemisry major, then I changed to biochemistry pre-pharmacy track. Aafter graduating in 2008, I know longer wanted to do pharmacy. With the recessation, I tried to find work doing research but was unsuccessful. Consequently, I decided to go back to school to become a registered nurse. It took me two schools and six years to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with my life and now I'm finding it harder and more frustrating than ever because I could have received my nursing degree from my alma mater and be working in my career. I just felt from obligated to finish because it was five years and my parents were helping me pay for school. I think if i would have waited to decided what major i wanted to commit too, I could have finished my general education courses and gotten involved with various organizations and clubs, I would have discovered my passion alot sooner.

The most frustrating thing about my school is like with many other schools, MONEY!!!!! Because I am in a 2nd degree program, there is little to no financial aide available. I believe because I am studying to be in a profession that is prestigious and iat the same time has a shortage, there should be more aide given to individuals who are able and willing to work in the healthcare industry. Becoming a nurse guarantees continuing my education, job stability, and a chance to provide care to individuals in need.

My school is a very small, Catholic University that has a lot to offer its students dispite its small nature.

If I could go back in time and revisit myself as a high school senior I would have a fair amount of words to say. I would first try to stress to my high school self the importance of managing my family versus my school work, and that things might get a lot harder than I intended. Secondly, I would tell myself not to take my work more seriously than my school work as work is not that important. Thirdly, I would let myself in on some financial secrets to keeping my finances under control and learn the importance of balancing credit cards, loans, and checking accounts. I would also let myself know that being at my small university is a gift, and that my teachers are very supportive and understanding so I should not be afraid to approach them with any delima or problem with school I may have. Lastly, I would tell myself to branch out more, becuse having friends is very important while in such a new environment, and even though I live off campus it won't be as hard as I think to be friendly and keep friends.

That the classes are not so easily accessable.

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.