Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Patricia

My classmates are smart, dedicated individuals.

My classmates are smart, dedicated individuals.

When I first started college I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life, but with every course, and every lesson learned, I slowly started walking down the right path. Not only do I now know what I want to do with my life, but Marymount and the people there have also helped me realize how important it is to stay on top of my game, stay focused and learn, learn, learn. The hard work I have put in in the past two years has started paying off, and I'm not even close to the finish line. I have plenty of goals I still want to achieve before graduation, and I honestly don't plan on giving up anytime soon. As for my choice in schools, I am more than happy about coming to Marymount. Starting with each and every professor, and ending with the food, I absolutely love it here!

A person that wants to go to a big school, or someone who just isn't interested in learning. Marymount is a school in which you really have to give your best in order to succeed!

DANNELLY

Attending college have rearranged me as a person increasing the need and desire to improve every aspect of my personality and life. I have taken my goals to further levels and learned that focus leads to achievement. Responsibility, the desire of learning, and being centered on the objective are the key to success. The primary reward I continue to receive on my journey thru college is realizing daily the importance of learning, studying, and seeking further education. What I feel when attending class and studying microorganisms is a satisfaction that fulfills every part of myself. Therefore, thru college I have realized the greatest values of my professional and personal life: loving more my career, devoting myself to learn and study, as well as growing as a more responsible, educated, and goal-centered individual. And all of this I receive to later on provide and assist the deprived with my knowledge and experience.

Marymount offered me small classroom sizes and greater one on one attention which helped me to flourish while I attended. The professors are genuine, and instilled in me a sense of pride which has carried me into graduate school. If Marymount had a doctoral level psychology graduate program I certainly would have stayed on after completing my undergrad, but instead I will carry Marymount on in spirit as I continue in my educational endevors.

The school is great - utilize the amazing library more!

Sylvia

My classmates are some of the most interesting people I have met, they come from different background and have different experiences to share.

If I knew then what I know now things would be so different. When I first got to college I was so scared to be away from friends and people that I saw all the time, that I had such a hard time getting out of my shell and making new friends. But if I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior, I would tell myself not to get so dependent of my friends because we would go our separate ways. I thought that my friends would be around all the time but I had got a wakeup call when I arrived on campus. I was all alone without a friend in sight and it was my time to go out on my own and make friends. This simple task proved to be the hardest thing in the world for me. It had been such a long time that I had to make friends that I forgot how to. But with time and some self confidence I was able to leave my shell and make a couple of friends. I learned that friends aren?t always going to be around.

People that want a big school to get lost in should avoid this school because Marymount is a small school and it is very easy to see the same person at least five times within 2 hours. Marymount is a close knit family.

Victoria

My school is a private Catholic University. Marymount University has an accelerated BSN program that is 16 months longs for 2nd degree -seeking students. Although, the program is fast and compact, it provides more than enough opportunities for classroom and clinical experience. I have already completed one semester with ease due to the fact that the program is small. There is about ninety students in the 2nd degree program and we are divided into two sections. This allows for more interaction with fellow classmates and more one-on-one time with the professor.

I would have advised myself to not to feel obligated or confined to only one major area of interest and to take the time to really think about what suited me best. I started out as chemisry major, then I changed to biochemistry pre-pharmacy track. Aafter graduating in 2008, I know longer wanted to do pharmacy. With the recessation, I tried to find work doing research but was unsuccessful. Consequently, I decided to go back to school to become a registered nurse. It took me two schools and six years to figure out exactly what I wanted to do with my life and now I'm finding it harder and more frustrating than ever because I could have received my nursing degree from my alma mater and be working in my career. I just felt from obligated to finish because it was five years and my parents were helping me pay for school. I think if i would have waited to decided what major i wanted to commit too, I could have finished my general education courses and gotten involved with various organizations and clubs, I would have discovered my passion alot sooner.

The most frustrating thing about my school is like with many other schools, MONEY!!!!! Because I am in a 2nd degree program, there is little to no financial aide available. I believe because I am studying to be in a profession that is prestigious and iat the same time has a shortage, there should be more aide given to individuals who are able and willing to work in the healthcare industry. Becoming a nurse guarantees continuing my education, job stability, and a chance to provide care to individuals in need.

My school is a very small, Catholic University that has a lot to offer its students dispite its small nature.

If I could go back in time and revisit myself as a high school senior I would have a fair amount of words to say. I would first try to stress to my high school self the importance of managing my family versus my school work, and that things might get a lot harder than I intended. Secondly, I would tell myself not to take my work more seriously than my school work as work is not that important. Thirdly, I would let myself in on some financial secrets to keeping my finances under control and learn the importance of balancing credit cards, loans, and checking accounts. I would also let myself know that being at my small university is a gift, and that my teachers are very supportive and understanding so I should not be afraid to approach them with any delima or problem with school I may have. Lastly, I would tell myself to branch out more, becuse having friends is very important while in such a new environment, and even though I live off campus it won't be as hard as I think to be friendly and keep friends.

That the classes are not so easily accessable.

Kiran

I would definitely advise myself to be much more serious about my grades and GPA. When I was a senior in high school, I honestly did not care about my grades or the college I would get into. Then once I applied and got rejected, I started realizing how important all this was. But unfortunately, it was too late! Then decided on going to a 2-year community college, which was a very rewarding experience! Even then I was not too worried about grades and GPA, because I was under the illusion that once you graduate with an associates degree then you would be granted admission to any college of your desire. But I learned it the hard way, that's not always possible. Thankfully I was granted admission to Marymount University. This was a hugh turning point for me. I started paying attention and cared much more about my grades. From a 2.4 GPA, I pulled myself up to a 3.8! I have made a mistake once, maybe twice. But not a third time! I want to do something with my life and be successful, not be a failure. Education is important and should be taken seriously.

The best thing about Marymount University is that the professors are very caring and helpful. The professors are there to help the students be successful, not just there for the money. I love the fact that the school is a small community and that the classrooms are a good size (30 students per class). The professors and staff members are so very helpful and friendly.

The worst thing about Marymount University is that the parking space on campus is very limited. There is not much parking on campus or anywhere close by. Also the fact that the school is so expensive! It makes one wonder where the tuition money from students is going, because clearly the building is old. Lastly, the school does not provide enough financial aid help for students, even though the tuition is $12,000 per semester. The classes provided during the semester are only available during one time, on one given day. So there is not much to play around with.

Settled in beautiful Arlington, Virginia, Marymount University is home to a diverse student body that is eager to learn in and outside of the classroom.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give the advice of following your passion. My senior year of high school I took a fashion course and fell in love with the industry. It was my dream to attend a university that offered fashion merchandising as a major; however, I never thought it was an actual possibility. I didn't pursue my dream and ended up attending the state university about five minutes away from my home. After a year and half at the state university I decided it was time to follow my dream of working in the fashion industry. I found Marymount, and the next thing I knew I moved clear across the country and have not regretted it for a minute! If I would have known back then what I do now, I could have saved a year and a half of schooling. Even more importantly, I learned that it really is worth following your dreams, because then and only then will you be truly happy. Although I did not quite know this when I was a senior in high school, I'm glad I do now!

Some students are fun and lose, while others are not.

Some students are fun and lose, while others are not.

Study, study, study. Stop skimming over the chapters and read them. Try to stay focus and you will do great.

Lisa

I will not start classes until next week, however the everyone at the school has been so pleasant and helpful.

They are cheerful, spunky, and have lots of energy.

WOW!! Assuming that I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, the advice that I would give myself would be to go to school directly out of high school. Leverage all money and just do it because the learning process does not become any easier the older you get. Be the best friend possible to all and not to ?burn? any bridges. At the same time invest in yahoo and google. Life experiences can truly be educational too. Lastly, know that the educational process does not stop after a receiving any degree.

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.