Arlington, VA
Marymount University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Marymount University

Athenna

My classmates are focused, funny, cool, and ready to help when they can.

My classmates are focused, funny, cool, and ready to help when they can.

To try and get my work done before the assingment is due, or at least on time. That college life is even more fun once you get out into the world and experience new things. That saving money is important, but don't let that get in the way of having fun. Also, that it gets harder and harder to come back home every summer after being in Virgina.

I wish I had known more about the less-than-great quality of campus housing. I also wish someone would have told me about the poor dining food and how stressed life can become, especially during midterms and finals.

Elena

Our school has some unique programs such as fashion design and forensic science. Other schools did not have forensics so that is why I am here. It is a small school, most classes are under 20 people. We are a Catholic school with strict values. Campus ministry places a lot of emphasis on students to give back to the community,

College should be one of the best times of your life. You should pick a college that is best for you, and you shouldn't judge it on what your parents or your friends want. You also shouldn't judge it on parties and social life, because the education is what counts. You should also remember that no school is perfect. I've had so many friends transfer out after one year or even one semester and end up not being happy. The best way to be happy is to make friends and become a part of your school.

Someone who wants a big college with fraternities/sororities and a lot of different activities shouldn't attend this school. This school is a small, Catholic school. The classes are small. There are only 2 options for places to eat. There are no parties on campus, nor fraternities or sororities. We are division 3 for sports. There isn't much school spirit.

The only advice I would want to give myself, were I to go back in time and advise my high school senior self, would be not to nail myself down with a major right away. There are a great number of advantages to entering college undeclared. If I had known that I would switch from declared to undeclared before again delcaring a major, and was aware of how helpful entering undeclared could be I would have taken that path. Knowing what I wanted to do was helpful at times, but realizing it wasn't going to work out and that I had taken so many major specific classes became quite a stressor. If I knew this was going to happen I would have entered undeclared, gotten my core classes out of the way, and felt my way towards the best fit for me. Had I done this I would have saved myself from alot of worry and uncertainty, and would have provided myself with a sure footing. Since you can't go back in time and change things it helps to be able to see that everything will work out, but knowing would have been quite a luxury.

My school is very close to Washington DC. This provides a multitude of cultural, entertainment, and career opportunities. being in such close proximity to DC allows you to immerse yourself in the history of the nation's capitol and allows you to experience all the fantastic opportunities to mingle with people of various backgrounds. There is a wealth of ethnic restaurants, places to shop, see a movie or go to a museum. The most advantageous aspect is proximity to an immense number of firms and agencies you can set up internships with and gain experience or contacts from.

the student health center here is rather unhelpful with most issues, but rather pushy. They try to get you to come in all the time if you come in once with an illness and every time they ask you to come in they minimize your symptoms and tell you there is nothing they can do. They are rude and condescending and even though they tell you the same thing all the time and never do anything they want you to come in and dont understand why you wouldnt want to.

Brianne

Marymount is has a very beautiful campus and excells in many areas of academics.

My classmates are extremely diverse and come from many different countries and backgrounds.

I would tell students to try their hardest and to get involved with extra curricular activites at school because it really makes your college experience worth while. I would tell parents to push their children to do their best because the work you do in college willl help you for the rest of your life.

julie

eager to learn, but not so much that all we do is study. We balance both our studies and social time every week.

Key advice I would give is to do your research. However, you will not know exactly what the campus is like unless you visit it in person. Also, do not count your parents opinions out, they are a bigger help than you expect. When visiting, do an overnighter, or eat lunch in the dining hall. All of these things that you could do while visiting the college, are important to see if this is the right school for you. When you find the right school, both you AND your parents will know it:) While at college, your experience will be more enjoyable if you get involved. It sounds cliche, but it is the truth. Not only does getting involved in an extracurricular activity give you something to do, but it is an easy way to make friends. Getting involved also helps you manage your time more efficiently because it makes you set yourself on a schedule which is crucial. In conclusion, making the right choice of college to attend is undoubtly a difficult one, but when you do your research both on and off the computer, and get involved, there is no way you can go wrong.

how some individuals are treated better than others just because of the sports tehy play or major they have.

Fanisha

Its small size and its unique internship program

Its small size and its unique internship program

The best way to find the right college is making sure one finds the college that best fits the student. The student should search for a college that accommodates to his/her personality and study habits. Some students may prefer a small school over a large one, and vice versa. Some students may be able to attend a socially active college and still perform well academically, others may not. Whether a college is affordable is important. Students should apply for as much financial aid as possible; this includes loans, grants, and scholarships. Grants and scholarships are more favorable because they provide money that doesn?t have to be paid back. It?s best that students visit the colleges they?re applying to. Different colleges have different environments, and are located in different environments. Visiting a college will help a student determine which environment is best for them. A student shouldn't choose a college because it?s an ivy-league or ?well-known? university. They also shouldn?t choose one because their high school friends are going there or their parents went there. If a student finds a college that best matches them, they?re more likely to perform well.

No sororities or fraternities, many students plan to pledge when they go to college. Because Marymount doesn't provide sororities or fraternities, many students are repelled.

Brooke

Fashion design and nursing

Fashion design and nursing

Carefully think and weight all your options. Visit each campus before deciding on a school. Ask students around campus how they like the school. Research a variety of schools and narrow the list from there. Once in a school, go to class and socalize. Find a happy balance between school and social life. Both are important in the college experience

Noeli

I think what makes it unique is that it is a small Catholic school in DC. It gives the best of both politics and religion.

How do you find the right college in a sea of potential schools? It is not an easy task. Sometimes a student grows up dreaming of attending a specific university, only to find out when they visit that it was not what they had dreamed of. My advice to parents and students is to take time and visit several schools. It gives the student a chance to envision themselves attending that school. Sometimes just seeing it gives a person the feeling of ?this is it? or ?this is so not it.? Try to attend a class or two on campus in order to experience how the professors teach. If a student feels they cannot adjust to certain teaching methods then that schools is not for them. Once the right school is chosen the fun part begins! To make the most of their college experience, students should learn how to balance their academic life with their social one. It is wise not to take on too much the first semester of college. Time management is the key to a successful college experience. With the proper balance of school and fun college is easily four of the best years of ones life!

I tell my friends that it is a small and close knitt school. The professors are amazing and the people are awesome. Everyone is nice and helpful. Academics is the main focus of the school which is great for me.

Janie

I would tell students to evaluate their experiences at high school. Look at what worked for them and did not work for them as far as academia, social aspects, sports, size, and faculty. Then make a short list of schools they would like to attend and visit those schools when class is in session so you can get a feel of what going to that school would be like. Take good questions to ask students who already attend that school on those trips. Apply to your top four picks early for early placement.

The lack of financial aid for the second degree students that attend the school is the worst thing. The school attracts second degree Nursing students with an accelerated program yet does not provide any financial aid to help them compensate the financial burden.

The small class sizes and the interactinve nature of the learning experience

Marymount University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.