Marymount University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Marymount University

Keyly

When I first got a tour of the school, my first thought was, "This University is Small" however once you take a better look it's a nice size and the people there are so kind. Teachers in the beginning always gives us their exact hours they are available however if you really need help you can contact them and they are always open. Most teachers can teach well but sometimes those who are really into their career may make it hard for us students to understand well. I really don't go to the games or any activities yet because I'm live off campus in MD rather than in VA so it's hard to decide if I want to take my time and stay for a few. Though there's always people around talking and enjoying themselves and activities for students to participate in the front yard. Overall the school is good but I wouldn't say it's excellent as it's just my second year.

Jordayne

Marymount was my top choice university when looking for schools as a high school senior. I am so thankful & grateful that I am a student at this school. Everyone is so open, helpful, & if they do not know an answer to a question you have, they will help you look for it. If you ever feel stuck, there is help on every corner. Never feel as though your situation is too difficult & hard to manage. there is always someone who is willing to assist you. This is a small university, so if that's not something you're looking into, this is not the place for you. Since this is a small university, it can lack school spirit. This is a great university academically. The faculty & professors that I've experienced are adamant in helping you succeed. The class environment is professional, but entertaining depending on your professor. The students are also very engaging, so if you're an extrovert, you'll do great. There are numerous facilities on campus to help students in any way. There's a counseling center, the Center for Teacher & Learning where you can receive tutoring for a subject you need help with from a student who has passed the class already, and much more. Marymount University is a great environment with great people who are willing to help.

Kirsten

Marymount University shaped me into the person I am today. My professors really pushed me to be the best I could be and they valued my opinion. I was introduced to many global social issues, as well as ones going on in my own community. Because of my internship, I was able to decide what I wanted to do with my career goals. I know even after graduation my professors will still be rooting for me, and will stand in my corner, as well as letting me know about career boasting opportunities. With all that I am able to over look how bad the campus food could be at times, total hit or miss situation, asking around before you dine.

B

Like every other school, Marymount isn't perfect. But, that doesn't mean it doesn't have great potential. It's a school that really wants students to get involved and prepares them through programs, in class and out. It's small, which means you are able to feel part of the community as soon as you arrive. In addition, you have DC and so much rich history around you which makes the experience even greater.

Renata

I think MU could provide incentives or scholarships for International Students who Heve good performance with grades. The scholarship they promise me, I haven't received so far, goint to my second year there.

Marymount is great for students looking for a smaller campus as opposed to a large one like the University of Maryland or Howard University. The location of the school is amazing, D.C. is less than 20 minutes away and Tyson's Corner is about 30 minutes away. The main campus is down the street from Ballston Commons and there's a lot of cute shops, restaurants, a movie theatre, and other interactive activities to take part in. We recently got a new off-campus apartment building, it's totally brand new and the students love it especially since its right next door to one of our off-campus learning facilities where most students have class. Our school is also great for commuters as its extremely easy to get there by the metro. The shuttle transports the student to and from the metro, to and from the dorms, and to and from campus to campus.

Sanasa

I dislike the school a lot but it does have its perks it's near plenty of other schools in the area, you can be 15 minutes away from DC and explore around the area a lot. The academics are really good and also the study abroad program too. For instance, you can easily get positions to study abroad and sign for a trip and Marymount, in general, gives out a lot of scholarship for the students who apply. To be honest I would enjoy the school more if I lived off campus. The food sucks and the dormitory could be a little better also the campus is too small for me I don't like seeing the same people over and over again.

Bianca

Marymount University is a great school for those who prefer smaller class sizes , a good neighborhood and community, and developing close teacher-student relationships with faculty and staff. Marymount University is 15 mins from downtown Washington D.C. and walking distance from many shops, bars, and restaurants. Marymount also is extremely diverse in ethnicity and culture of the students and faculty, and offers great study abroad opportunities.

BrianaCheyann

I love it

Maddy

I love my life at Marymount! Everything from the amazing leadership and academic opportunities to the location to the amazing friendships, have made my time here something I will never forget!

Heather

Marymount University is in a convenient location, about 15 minutes from Washington, D.C.. The campus is small, making it easy to get to know other students and the professors. The only downside is how awful their food options are. There are other food options in the area though, so ultimately I enjoy attending this university.

Sam

Marymount University was my 3 choice school but for just being here for a year it has definitely been changed to my number 1 choice. Marymount is a great environment with kids from all over engaging and loving professors. Mind you Marymount is a small university with about 5 to 6 thousand attending school from both commuter to staying on campus. Overall Marymount University is the place to be and I would never choose any other school over it.

My overall opinion of Marymount University is mostly good. The college has small classes so teachers are able to help whenever students need and the school always has activities, clubs, or something for students to attend every week. This school is for people who can use some extra attention academically or who like a small community that cares.

Francesca

Overall, Marymount University offers a variety of courses, and teaches its students what needs to be taught. Nevertheless, I find Marymount's tuition overpriced, and its academic do not do the high tuition an justice. Although most professors are helpful, and teach well, the university as a whole lacks in recreational activities, and does not provide its students comfort for their high tuition.

Jaelyn

Marymount is a great school for academics. The campus is very small so there literally isnt anything to do on campus. Despite the campus being small the location of the campus is pretty good. Not too far from DC or hangout spots. The housing is ehhh decent a lot of renovation needed in some areas. The food starts off goos and as you seep into the school year it becomes trash. The campus is boring and you'd be bored out of your life if you dont have any friends so make sure you're open to being social and meeting new friends. The school is extremely expensive. The price for sure isnt worth the experience. However you cant put a price on good ole education and thats something Marymount excels in, making sure their students are not only career ready but educated as well. In overall college is what you make it, Marymount is my home id give it a fair 3/5 stars.

Samuel

My opinion about Marymount University is nothing but a great. There is so much stuff to do and basically if you choose not to get involved then it's on you. Marymount is a welcoming community and a place where staff are willing to drop anything and help a student in need for anything. From helping you raise your bed to directing you around campus or even giving you the up most advice from the courtesy of their heart. Marymount University is home for a lot of people and why not even more.

Gabriela

I love it here! very nice and attentive always love to help us students and enjoy seeing our success.

Lilyvette

Marymount is a great school when it comes to education and the class size. The school is very diverse and offers many opportunities. Marymount doesn't really advertise there extra curricular activities. They do have many events but when it comes to knowing about them you are not informed unless you are involved or know someone involved.

Taniyah

The school like many other schools needs improvements. The classes are small enough so that everyone can be heard and helped. The food is either a hit or miss most days and the campus has events going on and lots of places to go that is near the campus. Overall, the school is very nice and focuses on academics and has many great programs.

Iyanna

I think that this school is very simple snd enjoyable, very big on community involvement. The teachers and students are all respectable as far as I’ve come to know, and everyone is really committed to making sure every individual maximizes their experience.

Caleb

Marymount is the most diverse university in Virginia and since it is relatively close to DC, it provides a lot of opportunities for students. Also Marymount requires an internship before one can graduate and this gives students hands on experience before graduating.

Alexandra

The school has its pros and cons. The Ballston Center isa hub for business students and it is surrounded by various hangout spots for students. Some of the cons of the school are that the dorms do not match the pictures that you see on the website and the food on campus is not as good as advertised. Continuing on, the places on campus for food close early at times and do not always serve what they have. Administration has its good days and bad days. Dont change your major, it can and will screw you at this institution

Maeve

I love Marymount! It's the perfect fit for me. Being at a small school with close friends is great! Everyone is genuinely nice and very helpful. The teachers want to see you graduate and are always willing to help. They have an interest in what you will be doing after college and want you to get there. Marymount is a really wonderful school and if I had found it my senior year of high school, I would have been at this school for all four years of college!

Katie

Marymount is a decent school. They have a good fashion program, which is fortunate for me. When it comes down to campus life, Marymount doesn't have anything going on. Even on the warmest of days, nobody is ever outside; it feels like a ghost town. Obviously you come to school to get a degree, not make friends, but you only do college once. Everyone wants to have that college experience, Marymount doesn't have that. Being a minority at Marymount is difficult. The school has a lot of white people and sometimes it's hard to interact with people who don't want to or don't understand how to interact with you. Like any other institute, you'll have your favorite professors and those who are passive-aggressive. Overall, Marymount should be considered a last resort school.

Shellee

I love the professors and the academic setting! However, the food needs some work and housing could be better for the cost. The education is really what makes me love school. The class sizes are small, the professors are always there to help, and there are so many opportunities to do research.

Blake

Marymount University is an exceptional institution of learning. My transfer experience from Northern Virginia Community College was seamless and I was amazed at how many credits transferred. The faculty and staff are beyond helpful. I learned so much both within my major and outside of it due to their expert guidance. Most importantly they strongly advocated on my behalf and helped me find a valuable internship. Marymount's campus is pure eye candy, and the little touches like seasonal flowers help make it one of the most beautiful campuses in the area. The classrooms are also state of the art and feature the latest technologies. Lastly, Marymount is a fun school to go to. The students are all very friendly and the school creates no shortage of activities to do with them

Hawa

I'm glad that I chose this school as my chance to experience the world away from home. I never thought I would be going to school out of state but now doing it makes a smile grow on my face. Everyone here is nice and helpful. the people here go out of their way to make you feel welcomed.

Angel

It is very hard to get into the Master level courses you want when you want. There is often slim pickings and fill up fast or conflict with other courses. Trying to get a hold of my academic advisor to help me fix these issues has also been another battle. She often refers me to talk to other people or to wait until later in hopes of fixing the issue. I often wonder...what is her job? Some of the professors are also questionable. One did not know the material in the text and another did not grade in accordance with the syllabus, and when brought to her attention did nothing to fix her grading error. If you're a veteran and need to take a full load or want to make the most of your GI bill, I'd recommend going to another school.

Aidan

This is a good university

Gabriella

Marymount is a school where a student can enjoy every aspect of college plus more. The academics are above average, the location is great having D.C, Georgetown, Clarendon, etc. because it opens up a variety of job opportunities for students along with opening several social opportunities and nightlife for them, the campus is beautiful and while it is smaller, the ballston campus makes it more extensive and is a really nice building for classes, the events held on and off campus through Marymount are so fun and allow the students and community to interact, and lastly if you are involved in a sport you can enjoy college playing the sport you love and attending others sporting events.

I love it! It is everything I hope for in college. I have lived in Arlington my whole life. I love it here and I can’t imagine where I would be instead. Many people left for college because they wanted to get away from the “Arlington Bubble”. I have found that Marymount is a bubble of its own. It’s as if I haven’t lived here my whole life. I have met many new people and learned to accept other’s points of view. You will get out of Marymount, as much as you put into it. Staying active in extracurricular activities is a great way to find the true culture of Marymount University.

Maddy

I wish I could give them less than one star. Terrible school that will try to charge you in any way they can. The staff is terribly rude please don’t waste your time and money here

Lyndsay

Marymount is very attentive, and the staff is often available to help students when needed. Additionally the who campus is very organized. It is a walking campus with signs everywhere and friendly people to offer directions when needed. The class sizes are typically small and provide a lot of individual attention from each of the professors.

Martha

I love studying at Marymount University! The professors pride themselves on teaching us with a hands on approach and with special guests coming to class. The online platform, Canvas, is also really easy to use and navigate. I am doing graduate school here and so far so good! I’m really loving the location of Arlington, VA as well since it’s so close to Washington, DC.