Saint Louis, MO
Maryville University of Saint Louis

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Maryville University of Saint Louis

Missy

My classmates in the health professional classes I am in are very interactive and eager to help each other. Everyone peer teaches and learns from each other, as well as from our professors. Our classes revolve around group activities and projects so that everyone feels comfortable and friendly with everyone else in that class.

My college experience at Maryville University has been exceptional. I have grown as a person both intellectually and emotionally during my college years. This college experience allowed me to "grow up" in a quiet atmosphere where I could feel at home but still be living on my own. This campus is small and seclueded from the city life, and yet close enough that you are a twenty minute drive from downtown St. Louis where all the action is! There are plenty of extra curricular activities to keep you busy if you choose and plenty of quiet study areas to keep you academically focused. I learned to be culturally diverse and accepting, at the same time I was learning my own morals and values.

The best part about Maryville University is the spiral-style curriculum that allows students to learn information a little at a time in each semester or class. Then, the information is revisited in a later class or semester and more indepth information is added on. This allows students to learn in steps and also helps to reiterate the main focus.

Melanie

I have gained a lot of friends, and just knowledge from high school that I did not know before. A good education is important to me, and being successful in the long run and not having to live pay check to pay check will be very nice!

since its private, people are very clicky, more so then high school. i also hate the weather!

its private so i can get all my classes i want and its easy to get involved!

Adam

My classmates are not only caring and kind, but enjoy being around others and are willing to take time out of their day to help another person, without second thought.

I came from another state to attend this school. The difference in culture was surprising, yet a great change. The culture at Maryville Univeristy is one of its strong points. I have yet to think about going somewhere else!

The people that live on campus are like a tight knit family. Everyone looks out for eachother and cares about one another. The dorms are nice and the classes are small. It has a great community aspect. The athletic teams are all close and truely lead the campus in success.

Maryville is a small university with big potential. The campus is beautiful, the faculty and other students are welcoming, and the first day I visited campus, I felt like I belonged. Maryville is a university that is focused on giving back to the community and does so by sponsoring numerous community service projects and encouraging students to participate. I enjoy my classes and feel like Maryville offers a safe and fun environment ifor students to learn, grow, and succeed.

I grew up in a small, close-minded community that offered safety and familiarity but left me no room to grow. By choosing to attend a university in the city, away from home, I opened myself up to limitless opportunities for meeting new people, experiencing other cultures, and allowing my love for learning to grow. My college experiences at Maryville have made me a leader, a critical thinker, and an independent adult with the ability to thrive in the real world. After coming from a high school that didn't offer much in the way of extracurriculars, I have enjoyed all the involvement opportunities Maryville has for its students. I have been on the University's Orientation Team, served as a Peer Mentor, participated in intramurals, held the presidential role in several organizations, and travelled to Florida and New Orleans for community service trips. My involvement on campus and in the community is my way of giving back to a family that has given so much to me. College is constantly giving me new tools to deal with the situations life hands me.

Chris

In my first year at Maryville, I have learned more about myself then I ever did in 4 years of high school. I have found out what I want to do, which has given me a goal to work towards, which has made me a more dedicated person to everything I do. With that dedication I've earned the respect of my classmates, teammates, and coworkesrs as well as my family and my group of friends. I've learned what it takes to be a successful student, and I'm heading in the right direction to be a better student. I'm not happy with my GPA only being a 3.0. My first year was definitely a learning experience, from which I took away many things. Learning about myself and about my future was the most important part of my first year, and without attending Maryville, under the circumstances which I attended the school and the events that occured when I arrived here, none of what I have now and what I know now could have ever been possible.

The best thing about about Maryville is the amount of student involvment that occurs here on a daily basis. Most of the events that take place here at Maryville are planned by the students, for the students. Also, by having the Federal Work/Study Program, there are a large number of student workers at Maryville, who all contribute to the organization and functionality of the school on a daily basis and help maintain the work and school enviornment.

Anyone looking to attend Maryville University should be a dedicated, hard-working, well educated, mature student that knows how to balance education, a job, and everyday life. Students should also be prepared to have fun and be involved with the community and at the school. Maryville students are proud of who they are and where they are in life and are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the community they are involoved in.

As I look back, I would look into the scholarship opportunities more and take the time to apply for them. It will help pay for your education and will not be as expensive for you and your family if they are helping you. Also I would take the time to look at multiple colleges and take the chance to visit the college. Don't just go off of what you have heard or where other friends are going. You have to make your own choices and be more independent. You will keep your close friends, but you will also grow closer with the time apart and meet new friends on campus. Also do not worry about all the work, just stay on top of your assignments, essays, and projects.

I brag about the small town feel that the university gives off. When one is living on campus like I am, you get the feel of a small community. The people that are on campus are always nice and it is easy to get to know a multitude of people.

The most frustrating thing about my school would have to be the boy to girl ratio. There are a lot of girls that come to Maryville University for there wide varitey of majors and good education. The boys come for that reason as well, but the university has less majors that interest boys. This is frustrating since you have a lot of girls around, but the drama is surprisingly not high.

Jasmine

My school is probably best known for the Occupational , Physical, and Music Therapy program. These three fields are the one the best in the state. I am personally not one of these majors but I know that the programs are rigorous and time consuming but the students get a lot of the program.

I would tell myself not to stress so much. That I would be going t o a school by wihtout anyone from my high school which would be scarry at first, but that I would meet some amazing people. I would also say not to worry about any drama or conflicts that are going on currently, because a year from now I wouldn't even remember it. Also that I did stay in contact with the people that were important to me. It takes a little work, but it gets you manage. I would remind myself to call my home more, because I know that it really hurts my family when I don't call to check in once and a while.

The faculty and staff and how friendly they are. My professors actually want to know about my life and help me achieve my goals. That my university is not just trying to get me a degree so that I can have a career but they are also trying to make me into a better person and leader.

Dear High School Sam, College is not easy! Get more involved, you meet the best people and it opens up a whole new world for you. You will succeed and you will be happy. Don't take things seriously and learn to relax. You can't sweat the small stuff. Learn to prioritize and not procrastinate. Get a tutor in math and chemistry now, don't be afraid to ask for help, if you don't it will kick your butt later. People do want to help you succeed. Learn good homework and study habits now so you don't stuggle later. Get friends that appreciate you for who you are, it boosts your self-esteem. Take advantage of every opportunity given to you. Oh ya, have fun! Love College Sam

If you really want to be confident and good in your career. If you want good and helpful teachers. If you want to have a blast an be involved. If you like knowing a lot of peope and feel comfotble in small settings.

If you like a large school, an easy A, non-challenging classes, and want to get through college as easily as possible.

Becca

The only advice that I would give to myself as a senior would be make sure that you are prepared. There is no time to slack off in college. If you fall behind in your first year, then you will constantly just be catching up the remander years. Also make sure you know how to study. Know what is your best method of studying and make sure you stay concentrated. Other than that just enjoy the years that you spend in college, because you cannot yet them back.

The best thing abou this school is its size. This school is just the right size to where the faculty gets the opportunity to assist you with your needs. Your teachers, advisors and Deans always have their door open for you to chat with and are willing to assist you with whatever you need. This school wants you to succeed.

The type of student that should attend this school must be very focused. This is not the type of school where you just come to go to school, this is a very academicly-focused school. It is one of the best Health Proffesiion schools in the state of Missouri.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are many things I would say. The first would be "PAY ATTENTION IN CALCULUS!!" Math is absolutely the hardest thing not to forget how to do, it is definitely not like riding a bike. Other than that golden piece of advice, I would just tell myself to make sure that I enjoy my senior year, and to make the same good decisions that I was taught to and never to compromise my own morals for the wishes of others. Although I have held true to everything I have said that I would tell myself (save for the mathmatecal situation), a gentle reminder never hurts.

I wish I would have known that my school was as small as it is and also that it was not as culturally diverse as I had assumed.

I tell my friends that my school has the best Music Therapy professors. All of our proffessors are experts in their fields and most have a doctoral degree. They are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Maryville University of Saint Louis administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.