Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Top Questions

The price was significantly lower than other colleges I looked at. When I was first looking at schools I toured MCLA and the people were friendlier compared to other colleges.

Damon

MCLA is very close to my home town and is easy to travel to anytime of the day. The price to attend is much less than other area colleges, however they are not state schools like MCLA so it is hard to compare the two financially. Although MCLA lacked in many ways to other area schools, its financial advantage is more powerful than the quality of the education. The schools location is unique in that it sits it in the middle of a historic mill town which had it's population deflated since its boom in the late 1800s.

Here the professors have a wide variety of experiences; I have professors who grew up in foreign countries and others who have done extensive research in foreign countries creating a truly global experience within the classroom. Many of them go a step further to offer travel courses. Here there is a focus on cultural understanding. Through MCLA's Center for Student Success and Engagement students are able to find study abroad options that fit their financial situation. I know I would not have been able to travel as much as I did without the support of MCLA's administration.

Nikki

It's not a great school academically but it's a good bargain if you want a degree.

My college is very small. However, we have strong programs in the education, English, psychology, and fine/performing arts. The school my be in the smallest city in the state, but the campus is not cut-off from the world. The area has a lot of art museums and galleries--there's always something going around in town and on campus, which helps foster a good community at the school.

This school is extremely friendly and fun, anyone can fit in here.

My school has visiting lecturers (Bob Woodward, Marianne Pearl) who can actually meet the students on a personal basis because of the size of the student body.