Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts

Shoshana

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is a fine college, however I have decided to change my career path to professional acting, and MCLA does not offer what I would like. Also, it's a pretty small school which is great, but they also don't have everything in erms of academics.

Chelsea

MCLA has a lot going for them, but I believe that the administration has to listen to what the students are asking for. Many of us are involved or trying to get involved, but when there are no professors, it is hard to get involved and ensure that you will graduate on time when there are always questions on if we will have professors the next year.

MCLA is a campus full of artistic and creative individuals who are very excepting. This campus is very friendly to everyone no matter your gender or sexuality. The professors really help you when your grades are down because you're more than just a number at this school. I'm actually apart of Greek Life and can tell you from personal experience that there is no pressure to join and that there are parties but it isn't overwhelming and you will get your schoolwork done. The only downside to this school is the crappy Cafeteria food, but we've been trying to change that through our SGA.

Shannon

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts feels like home to me. There are great people, great services, and I feel safe anywhere on campus. The faculty is always around to help me, and watch us students succeed. I am looking forward to my life here at MCLA and growing as a person.

Holly

It is a great school, very academically lively. The social atmosphere is a little underwhelming, but it is not to bad. The resources, including the faculty, are outstanding and are definitely the highlights of the experience. The town it is located in is relatively unsafe and at times it can be quite off putting, but the campus itself is very safe.

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is a very welcoming community. Being a smaller campus, the student, teacher ratio is 1:1 which is very beneficial for students who have learning disabilities such as myself. It is an excellent feeling knowing you have that connection between yourself and your professors and to receive help when needed and knowing you are not another number like other colleges or universities would have. It gives students a better opportunity to get to know their professors on a more personal level. The college itself is a great place to learn about theatre. With a diverse selection each year, students get the opportunity to work both on stage and behind the scenes, since our theatre department works as a normal theatre company would. We like to make sure we are well-balanced in this field in several ways, which for me has been very beneficial; as an actress in training, I have gained the skills to help me perfect my craft as well as to work with power tools in helping to create sets for our plays. It's the halfway mark for New York City.

Dirk

My overall opinion of the Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is that it MCLA adheres to it's "liberal arts" namesake in every way. Students are encouraged to branch out and become leaders on their campus. although there is always room for improvement, it provides the opportunity for an open dialogue between administrators and students. Small class sizes and open office hours give students the chance to build relationships with professors, which creates a productive learning environment.

Callie

Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is the perfect spot for me. The campus is extremely small meaning finding your niche is easy. There is something for everyone - it is an incredibly welcoming community. The professors are always available and willing to help. Despite the run-down town setting, there is always enough to do outside of the classroom.

susannah

MCLA is a great community to be a part of. with the small campus an small class size it doesn't take long to make friends and create great connections. everyone on the campus knows each other and are all very nice polite people to be around. this school is the perfect place to get away from the city and really focus on what needs to be done. its really a delightful place to be all year round

Kristin

I think that MCLA is a great school, there's a lot of opportunities presented to you, and the adults there are willing to help you succeed if you're willing enough to reach out. The food isn't all that great, but there are places nearby that are pretty tasty, within walking distance, and relatively cheap. Gluten-free options are far and few between. Sports are pretty great, I've heard some people complain about some coaches. The atmosphere is very open, safe, judge free environment. There are literally thousands of clubs that you can join on this campus as well if you're not interested in drama, sports, and/or fraternity. There are free therapy services at your disposal, and you can go to anyone on the campus and they are willing to help you. Professors are very helpful and understanding as long as you keep them in the loop, contact them, and let them know what's going on.

Lakeria

I love it because it’s a small school and I’m pretty close to all of the professors. Academically it’s alright the professors could switch things sometimes but overall it’s not bad! All the classes I have taken if I had trouble with them I would go to the professors and they would stay with me until I finally understood what they were trying to teach.

Tanner

Nice safe, welcoming school. My son was accepted and will be attending In Fall of 2019. Good educational opportunities and support.

Kara

I think it's a great college with amazing views and a great campus life. It has given me the opportunity to pursue my degree in order to better my future. My goal for going to college is to earn a higher education to better my future. I plan to get my degree in Psychology--becoming an ABA professional, working with children who have behavioral issues. I work at a daycare in a preschool setting because I wanted to work somewhere I had the opportunity to work with children. I went through a rough patch where I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety--I found no hope or drive to do anything. Then, my nephew was born and from that point on my life was forever changed. He made me want to get better because I wanted to be someone he could look up to and I never wanted anybody to have to explain to him what happened if I did not survive my depression. Thanks to him I continue to strive to be successful and encourage others while getting my college degree.

Melanie

MCLA really does feel like home to me, I feel comfortable there and really like I fit in with the students immediately. Everyone is so friendly. No matter how hard you try though, it's college. People are experimenting, people party and probably try drugs but I don't hear about it often. It's not really my thing. I commute, so I'm there for my classes and then leave for work or hang out at home when I am done.