Massachusetts Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Most people who attend this school are very technically driven. Most are very interested in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics and want to pursue careers in either industry or academia. Most are in the top percentages of their high school classes and spend much of their time in extracurricular activities, whether it is in volunteer work, varsity sports, music, etc. The main attribute of a student at this school is a personal drive to learn and make advancements in the field of his or her interest.

MIT is for the kind of person who appreciates challenges, likes intellectual stimulation, approaches new opportunities, and is looking to be among a community of peers, as well as faculty, with a diverse set of strengths and passions but similar drive and determination. It is best suited for the person seeking to study science and/or engineering, yet it does not lack classes and opportunities in other disciplines.

A person with keen study skills, a knowledge of basic college level mathematics and sciences, and a desire to exceed in their chosen field. I'm not going to lie, you need to be smart to attend here and plan on succeeding. It's a very difficult college, but the difficulty of 4 years of study is easily worth the benefits upon graduation.

Very academically oriented; collaborative rather than competitive; loves to learn; analytical thinker/problem solver; knows how to manage their time.

You should attend this school if you are willing to commit the next four years of your life to the ultimate educational challange of your life.

Someone who is willing to work and wants to learn.

Those who are white and rich.

Cool, smart people.